PDA

View Full Version : Dear Devs and SOE (from Biloxi)

Steelheart
09-04-2005, 04:52 AM
<DIV>First off i want to thank you deeply from my heart for your support during this trying time.  I am currently a firefighter (as with 3 others from my guild) with the City of Biloxi and have been working 48/24 shifts since Saturday before the Katrina hit.  For those of you unfamiliar with fire department shifts this means that we are currently working 48hrs and off for 24 atm unless needed elsewhere.  When we are off we are helping our fellow firefighters rebuild their homes and try to ensure that their families are cared for and have all they need.  Many firefighters no longer have a house to go back to.  I was lucky....the flood line stopped about 100yards from my house leaving it with only minor damage since the great trees behind me survived and buffered it from the more serious winds.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>This evening i arrived home exhausted from helping my brethern patch some of thier roofs.  When i arrived home i was surprised to find myslef one of the lucky few in the city (i live behind the blown-out mall you all have been seeing on TV) to have both phone and power re-established.  After checking my guildsite i decided to surf these forums a few minutes before crashing and going back in tomorrow morn.  I can not accurately put into words how i feel about the support i've been reading about from the EQ2 community and SOE.  It does a tired heart good to see that even a game can have positive RL effects on people.  Pls let me extend my gratitude to all of you for your thoughts and prayers to everyone here on the gulf coast.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>As i always tell my peeps.........</DIV> <DIV>"Stay Safe and cya soon"</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Steelheart</DIV> <DIV>BFD 778</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Styl
09-04-2005, 09:51 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, your friends, and my fellow Americans.  I can't imagine what you must be going through during these troubled times.  I thank you for your work as a fireman, I know this must be a very stressfull time.  Wanting to be there for your family, yet serving your fellow Americans at the same time.  My prayers are with you and your family.  I hope everything is back in order soon, and may GOD bless.  Be safe old friend. <p>Message Edited by Stylin on <span class=date_text>09-03-2005</span> <span class=time_text>10:53 PM</span>

Moorgard
09-04-2005, 12:42 PM
It's you and your fellow firefighters (as well as all the other people helping out down there) that are the real heroes. We're the ones who owe you a debt of gratitude. Thanks so much for your hard work and for your literally tireless efforts to provide help to those who need it so badly. <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Our best wishes go with you. Stay safe.</DIV>

Blackdog183
09-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Wow Moor, ur up later, err early, or something....

CB_Swami
09-04-2005, 03:12 PM
<DIV>Steelheart, </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Being a member of the U.S. Navy Seabees and having seen and helped restore both Puerto rico and Honduras after devistating hurricanes in 1998, I know what your going through. Your strength is a beacon of hope to your family and community, My heart goes out to you and all those in the Gulfport/ Biloxi area and all those affected by Hurricane Katrina. Stay Strong.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>To those who have never been to the Gulfport/ Biloxi area: I can tell you that in the ten years I have spent in the Navy and being stationed on both the East and west coasts and deployed abroad, that the 5 years I spent in Gulfport were my most enjoyable. That community has some of the finest and kind hearted people you could ever know. I hope to be fortunate enough to back among them on my next set of orders. Let all of us not in affected communities do whatever we can to give these fine people hope and assistance in their time of need.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>CB_Swami</DIV> <DIV>U.S. Navy Seabee</DIV>

Nerj
09-04-2005, 03:25 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Moorgard wrote:<BR> It's you and your fellow firefighters (as well as all the other people helping out down there) that are the real heroes. We're the ones who owe you a debt of gratitude. Thanks so much for your hard work and for your literally tireless efforts to provide help to those who need it so badly. <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Our best wishes go with you. Stay safe.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Truer words were never better spoken. A grateful nation appreciates the tireless efforts of all of those who serve in the Fire, Police, and Military. Keep up the good work and thanks again for your hard efforts to make our country a better place.

LadyEternity
09-04-2005, 08:29 PM
<DIV>I live in Baton Rouge, my husband and I would like to extend our heart felt sorrow for all that has happened. And we hope that everything turns out ok for everyone. All the emergency people, relief people, national guard and so on are doing a stellar job, and ya'll have the gratitude of the entire nation for the time and courage you have put into helping those who Katrina hit. May God ( or whatever power you worship ) watch over you and protect you.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Blacksabath</DIV>

DaenaeRavenso
09-04-2005, 09:28 PM
<P>Best wishes to you Steelheart.  I just can't possibily imagine what you all are going through there.  I'm happy that your house survived and hope that things will get back to normal for you and your family soon.  You and all the rescuers and everyone that is working tirelessly to help the thousands affected are heros to me.  You all are in my thoughts and my prayers.  Please take care of yourself and know that your efforts are so greatly appreciated by many.</P> <P> </P> <P>Dae</P>

Espyderman
09-04-2005, 10:36 PM
<P>My heart goes out to all those affected by this predicted catastrophe, and i hope considering everything thats happened that everyone finds their family and friends safe and secure, and i pray that your lives are restored quickly and efficiently. I am saddened to know that this disaster could of been avoided, but for the lack of funds or willingness to spend those funds, this disaster was not avoided and subsequently many have suffered for this decision.</P> <P>It is my hope that officials in the future consider such a catastrophe and prepare properly for it as people in this type of civilization need not suffer in this way. I am greatly annoyed that this disaster was predicted and warned against in 1996 and now here we are, fighting a predicted battle. I really feel bad for those people who were caught in the middle of this, its wrong (especially since it could of been avoided)</P> <P>My heart and money goes out to the Red Cross and other organizations of this type that tirelessly help those in need. I will support my red cross in hopes that my money gets to those in need in a timely manner.</P> <DIV>Also, my Company (cant say name for fear SOE will own this post) will be collecting donations for the red cross for victims of Katrina in the affected areas. We hope to raise enough money to make a difference in even one persons life, we hope you all consider donating and supporting this tragedy.</DIV><p>Message Edited by Espyderman on <span class=date_text>11-15-2004</span> <span class=time_text>11:38 AM</span>

mistress_darknes
09-05-2005, 01:00 AM
<P>Hugs to all.</P> <P>I live in Louisana we were lucky, we had set up sandbags and with the help of neighbors we kept the water out, then the horror set in as we watched the news about below us, power went out then phones, we  stayed outside fighting water till she passed.</P> <P>came into a dark apt and thank god we were ok.</P> <P>we listened to the radio about the storm.</P> <P>when power was restored we saw by  the news how bad the blow was, and watched our wonderful govenor and all the rescue folks trying to save lives.</P> <P>God bless you guys  and thank you for being there.</P> <P>we saw our state devistated  in a few hours, and then we have seen our nation  pulling together to help us.</P> <P>my brother called me and my mom  my sister called what was so funny they called just as I was breaking, my mom was trying to get me out of here but as I told her this state has been my home for 6 years I cant leave it.</P> <P>guys we have so many that need help they lost everything, where do we even start?</P> <P>we start by joining hands and helping the person next to us, just like we always have WHY? because we are Americans.</P> <P>I have been searching for info on the zoo and aquarium no answers yet if there alive or dead.</P> <P>someone has to greive for them.</P> <P>guys your  the best and we love you for being here and  for helping</P> <P>big hugs to all.</P> <P> </P> <P>Saharea 50 warden</P>

Doylen
09-05-2005, 02:08 PM
I live in sweden and I have a few friends over there what has happened is a disaster and me and my swedish friends give you all a standing ovation! <div></div>

Brutus2
09-05-2005, 09:43 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Moorgard wrote:<BR> It's you and your fellow firefighters (as well as all the other people helping out down there) that are the real heroes. We're the ones who owe you a debt of gratitude. Thanks so much for your hard work and for your literally tireless efforts to provide help to those who need it so badly. <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Our best wishes go with you. Stay safe.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>Well said.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>We are all praying for you and everyone in the Gulf Coast.</DIV>

Cah
09-06-2005, 03:14 PM
<DIV>I and everyone here in Germany (I believe in this case I can speak for everyone) wish you strength in these hard times.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Be safe, you can and you will stand this through.</DIV>

Mywolveri
09-06-2005, 10:59 PM
I would like to add my prayers and hope for everyone who suffered any lost from Katrina that in some way you are able to rebound from this stronger than ever. I also want to thank the people who have taken time from their own schedules to help those in need. I live in Texas and we are accepting as many people as this big state can allow who were harmed or left without anywhere to go. I would also like for everyone to remember that our neighbor is not always the person three doors down from our homes. Our neighbor is any person who walks on this earth. May God show His strength and love during this time of need.   <p>Message Edited by Mywolverine on <span class=date_text>09-06-2005</span> <span class=time_text>02:01 PM</span>