PDA

View Full Version : Report your own everquest experiences.

Werewolfdad
02-28-2005, 02:00 AM
There is a new site dedicated to reporting on the overall experience of being a gamer. Everquest II gamers are welcome just everyone else. Visit www.gnnhome.com . Also check out this video. Station jumper in the archive. More news on the way. Have news of your own? Submit it to share with gamers everywhere.

Petrovinas
03-10-2005, 02:37 AM
Played beta and since game went live...logged on after the last patch debacle died in TS on the beach because of lag spike, ok so that happens...spawned by the docks with 3 lvl 24 kos crabs on me (im lvl 24 atm) they killed and camped my corpse 7 times...not so bad you might say except for the fact that 2 of my shards have been bugged for the last two days and my health/power stats are at 2/3 of normal. I couldn't even walk away from the mobs I was so encumbered...some other peeps finaly came by and aggrod so I released for the 7th time and walked to the docks. Thing is only one shard was present after 7 deaths! so my health is at 512 now (it's normally 1100) I got on my horse and rode out to do some collecting well I aggord mobs that never aggrod before in TS...ran them off...aggrod a beetle (suddenly kos) beat it down then 5 more aggrod me...have to /yell and run but in doing so aggrod 3 bears that stand in the road...died (8th time in 10 mins) 9 full reds of death debt and no shards....CANCELED SUBSCRIPTION CANCELED EXPANSION PACK good f'ing bye SOE you hacks

Yodaya
03-10-2005, 09:54 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Petrovinas wrote:<BR>Played beta and since game went live...logged on after the last patch debacle died in TS on the beach because of lag spike, ok so that happens...spawned by the docks with 3 lvl 24 kos crabs on me (im lvl 24 atm) they killed and camped my corpse 7 times...not so bad you might say except for the fact that 2 of my shards have been bugged for the last two days and my health/power stats are at 2/3 of normal. I couldn't even walk away from the mobs I was so encumbered...some other peeps finaly came by and aggrod so I released for the 7th time and walked to the docks. Thing is only one shard was present after 7 deaths! so my health is at 512 now (it's normally 1100) I got on my horse and rode out to do some collecting well I aggord mobs that never aggrod before in TS...ran them off...aggrod a beetle (suddenly kos) beat it down then 5 more aggrod me...have to /yell and run but in doing so aggrod 3 bears that stand in the road...died (8th time in 10 mins) 9 full reds of death debt and no shards....CANCELED SUBSCRIPTION CANCELED EXPANSION PACK good f'ing bye SOE you hacks<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>You don't read update notes? :smileysurprised:</DIV>

darkly
03-11-2005, 03:33 AM
<DIV>May read update notes, but [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]. Ya don't expect an update to completely destroy your chances of leaving a place that you had no problem getting to the day before. It was a bit insane.</DIV> <DIV>And now the stupid plains snakes do massive damage for their level? My wife's mage seems to be doing less damage? </DIV> <DIV>So let me tell you of a quick EQ1 experience, then relate it to EQ2.</DIV> <DIV>I played Eq1 from Beta. Necromancer. If anyone remembers, Necro's were the class to be for soloing. We were useless in a group save for pet DPS and running for our lives when DoT was cast, but solo..... we could take down a red in under a minute.</DIV> <DIV>I played PvP with my necro. Between pet, dots and shadow step, life was pretty damned good on my server. Then Verant came...</DIV> <DIV>Necro's nerfed, mage's nerfed, chanter's nerfed, warrior's buffed, hybrids buffed, casters nerfed again, wizards beaten with a stick...</DIV> <DIV>then they remembered the rogues and buffed them a tiny bit.</DIV> <DIV>At this point, no one person could solo other than a druid. Pet classes could pull it off, but ya better have clarity (before breeze or KEI). </DIV> <DIV>Verant's idea was to "even out" the classes. They made necro's mana batteries to make them groupable. Gave lower level chanters a lesser clarity in case their mezzes weren't enough to keep them in a group.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Problem here is, necromancers were made to solo. Druids were usually made to solo and plat [Removed for Content]. Wizard's solo'd, and still do since they are all but useless in a group to this day. Everquest dev's decided that all classes needed to be made equal to stop the complaints from other classes that were lesser on the solo'ing evolutionary scale.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>In a fantasy game there is always a way to do what you want to do. Granted, you can't directly kill a gnoll runecaster at level 5, but you can get one killed if you need it for a quest. The great thing about EQ2 is that as of yet, you can still solo if you want to. I sincerely hope they don't make the mistakes they made in the past and start ripping the classes to shreds just so the tanks will not whine about the caster's power.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I am begging here!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Darklyth Demontouch.</DIV>

Ryuno Yaiba
03-14-2005, 09:20 PM
thread hijack anyone? lol

Werewolfdad
03-17-2005, 11:51 PM
<P>So far experience debt is my only real complaint about the game.  There are other things, but they're not enough to complain about.</P> <P> </P> <P>Does anyone mind if we post these on <A href="http://www.gnnhome.com" target=_blank>http://www.gnnhome.com</A></P>