PDA

View Full Version : Quest XP is too low


TheGeneral
10-30-2012, 05:58 PM
<p>Before I mention this, note that I will be one of those people who goes to a contested zone and grinds out my levels anyway.  However, on beta before getting buffed to 95 I did a good amount of the quest lines and I think I was getting less than 1% per quest.  It may have been a tad bit more, but since the solo mobs out in the zone are giving .1% a kill, its more exp worthy to just zone grind than it is to actually do the quests.</p>

Neiloch
10-31-2012, 12:43 AM
<p>I would love for them to trash what ever metrics they are using to determine quest experience and just crank it up.</p><p>The storylines in EQ2 are quite good but me, and most people, don't find them so compelling we would willingly level much slower to enjoy them. I don't want grinding nerfed, but I want group play and solo questing to go even faster than grinding. the benefit of grinding is that it is usually non-stop and mindless, it doesn't need to be the best way to level up as well.</p><p>Grinding should be a last resort, not the best option.</p>

CoLD MeTaL
10-31-2012, 11:48 AM
<p><cite>TheGeneral wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Before I mention this, note that I will be one of those people who goes to a contested zone and grinds out my levels anyway.  However, on beta before getting buffed to 95 I did a good amount of the quest lines and I think I was getting less than 1% per quest.  It may have been a tad bit more, but since the solo mobs out in the zone are giving .1% a kill, its more exp worthy to just zone grind than it is to actually do the quests.</p></blockquote><p>Yeah they said quest XP would be buffed, yet most I've done are worth 4-6 mobs in Sebelith.  ie A colossally slow way to level.</p><p>Playing in the new zones should be the fastest way to level.</p><p>People will still be grinding Chelsith.</p>

decator666
10-31-2012, 12:38 PM
<p><cite>TheGeneral wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Before I mention this, note that I will be one of those people who goes to a contested zone and grinds out my levels anyway.  However, on beta before getting buffed to 95 I did a good amount of the quest lines and I think I was getting less than 1% per quest.  It may have been a tad bit more, but since the solo mobs out in the zone are giving .1% a kill, its more exp worthy to just zone grind than it is to actually do the quests.</p></blockquote><p>This.  I have been saying this.  I always try to do quests but end up running out of quests before i level high enough to get the next group of quests. Maybe grinding is the best way to level?  Never played a game where that is so.</p>

SgtPmpkn
10-31-2012, 03:47 PM
<p>Here is my feedback:</p><p>First a little about what I had completed and how.  Believe I have completed all of the quests in Obol Plains, along with most of the quests in EJ (at the point of running the Heroic instances).  I had completed the solo instances for Temple of Faceless, Throne of Fear, Dreadcutter, and Deathtoll Tower.  I did a ST Contested run for an hour or so, killing down to the final floor where the x2 is, and killing most named along the way.</p><p>I had used a mercenary for most of EJ quests, and solo zones, as the mobs were buggy and seemed tougher than in OP, but in OP I was mostly solo.</p><p>I did use xp potions for a good duration of the time to balance out using a merc.</p><p>Results:  I am level 93.5.  I do not believe I have many more quests in EJ to go, so it seems that even with xp pots, and a contested run, and running a good amount of solo instances, I have 1.5 levels to go which can be made from repeated solo runs, group instances, and grinds.</p><p>This is for the Devs to respond to on how they feel the quest xp is.  Should it get us 1.5 levels or close to and then we need to rely on other areas to make up the remainder, even grinding dungeons/instances?  Hope the feedback helps.</p>

Mohee
10-31-2012, 06:10 PM
<p>It feels like they are trying to force us to grind on old mobs/instances... the experience rewards from new quests feels like punishment....</p>

xanfer
11-01-2012, 01:28 PM
<p>I have a radical idea. If its a quest mob (feather on it) how about doubling or quadrupling the XP gain. Turning in a quest and getting 8 to 10k isn't cutting it. I can get 2k to 3k in certain grind zones per encounter and kill 5 to 6 encounters in 1 min. While some quest take 10 to 15 minutes to complete(longer of competing with people for mobs) It not really going the offset the grind over the questing, but really I can grind for 45 mins and make more XP then I can questing for 8 hours.</p>

Tigger85
11-03-2012, 08:28 PM
<p>This has been a problem for years.  The SOE devs just do not get it.  When your player base chooses to go backwards (previous expansions) to go forward (character progression), it should be an obvious design flaw to most normal people.</p>

Raveen
11-10-2012, 12:12 AM
<p>I remember when RoK hit and the quest xp was so good you ran your toons threw it a few times. Loved it but it seemed to stop at that xpack. I never grinded my toons till after that xpack. The quest lines are pretty cool in this game but the xp has been horrable for along time. I'm stoked you guys took out xp differance in group settings, at least we can grind together instead of all fighting for mobs <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> I don't think it would be bad for the game if we kicked it up a notch or two. Most people dont have a single toon anymore. It would get more people at level to do more highend groupage. And if none of that swayed ya think of the poor mobs in Seb Chel or The Hole <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> You know were gonna beat the crap out of them.</p>

Gargamel
11-10-2012, 01:37 AM
<p>Here is a hint Raveen (and you others who just don't get it)... which zones to people currently do for the super fast 'grinding' that eveyrone is crying is sooooo much 'better' to do than actual content?</p><p>Think that might be related to why 'ever since RoK' questing has been 'too slow' by comparison?</p><p>Truth is that stat inflation, the stat change in SF (consolidation and sta to HP math), there wasn't anything like crit bonus, or potency, to say NOTHING about 600% multiattack at the time... basically it was not so easy for anyone to go and super-murder yellow heroics in half a second which increased dramatically after TSO.</p><p>I know I keep posting the same thing in these beta forums, but you people have no idea how dumb the argument about questing not being 'worth it' compared to grinding overlevled heroic zones as mentored down solo for leveling... really is.</p><p>You L.I.T.E.R.A.L.L.Y are telling sony to either nerf heroic mob kill xp (or increase mentor xp reduction pct), or make it so that you can level cap after doing 20% of the new content they are adding to the game.</p><p>Be careful what you are ask for...</p><p>At least in the current setup you have an option</p><p>If the complaint was that you've done all of the solo lines, solo instances, and group instances once and are still only at 94 or whatever and have to grind over and over to cap... then you have a point.</p><p>But thats really not what I hear from most of the whiners around here.  Its 'why would I do the new content, if I can run to Chelsith mentored down to 80 and get xp 10x faster' - which is a dumb argument to make (unless you want combat xp nerfed - because they aren't going to create a hundred new quests, and instances that people outlevel 1/5 of the way though)</p>

Grumble69
11-10-2012, 11:40 AM
<p>I get what you're saying Gargamel.  And there's some truth in it.  But quest xp is really too low.  It's not just a comparison to the grind.  It's a comparison to the time spent and what you get.</p>

Neiloch
11-10-2012, 09:08 PM
<p><cite>Gargamel wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Here is a hint Raveen (and you others who just don't get it)... which zones to people currently do for the super fast 'grinding' that eveyrone is crying is sooooo much 'better' to do than actual content?</p><p>Think that might be related to why 'ever since RoK' questing has been 'too slow' by comparison?</p><p>Truth is that stat inflation, the stat change in SF (consolidation and sta to HP math), there wasn't anything like crit bonus, or potency, to say NOTHING about 600% multiattack at the time... basically it was not so easy for anyone to go and super-murder yellow heroics in half a second which increased dramatically after TSO.</p><p>I know I keep posting the same thing in these beta forums, but you people have no idea how dumb the argument about questing not being 'worth it' compared to grinding overlevled heroic zones as mentored down solo for leveling... really is.</p><p>You L.I.T.E.R.A.L.L.Y are telling sony to either nerf heroic mob kill xp (or increase mentor xp reduction pct), or make it so that you can level cap after doing 20% of the new content they are adding to the game.</p><p>Be careful what you are ask for...</p><p>At least in the current setup you have an option</p><p>If the complaint was that you've done all of the solo lines, solo instances, and group instances once and are still only at 94 or whatever and have to grind over and over to cap... then you have a point.</p><p>But thats really not what I hear from most of the whiners around here.  Its 'why would I do the new content, if I can run to Chelsith mentored down to 80 and get xp 10x faster' - which is a dumb argument to make (unless you want combat xp nerfed - because they aren't going to create a hundred new quests, and instances that people outlevel 1/5 of the way though)</p></blockquote><p>Several people did the solo lines and still weren't 95. Heroic zones are generally balanced for people at the cap. No one asked to nerf exp. They have been very clear that what they want is the new content to give more exp than old content <strong>as it should</strong>. So no, not literally asking for a exp nerf. They did create a hundred new quests and instances that people won't even see because grinding is better <strong>unless </strong>they increase the new quests exp reward, so content 'that people outlevel 1/5 of the way though(sp)' would be an upgrade. They would have to nerf grinding across the entire game to make current questing a better option for exp. Not just in some select zones or methods.</p><p>The current setup options are the same as always, either get exp in a reasonable time by grinding some old content or quest and fall far behind in a matter of minutes.</p><p>Its you who don't get it, you basically misinterpreted this entire thread. Stop with the ignorant 'guys stop saying its too slow compared to grinding or they will nerf old exp' which they won't.</p><p>God forbid people be able to enjoy the questline and stories while getting exp at a reasonable rate.</p>

Gargamel
11-11-2012, 02:04 AM
<p>First of all, show me who did the solo lines and solo zones and weren't at least close to 95 after the increased xp</p><p>Second tell me how many hours you think it should take to level cap (since apparently this is the bar we are measuring overleveled mentored grinding time against)</p><p>I'm not just making up that there are two options at that point.  You either make the old content heroic kill xp grinding take longer than that, your or reduce the time to cap the expansion in the first place.  There is no other 'solution' to you complaint.</p><p>You say that new content should give more exp than old content... WELL IT DOES.</p><p>Show me the old content solo questlines that give better xp.  Show me the old contetn solo instances that are faster to level.</p><p>No... you can't.  Thats right, you can mentor down to a certain level and go to specific areas where your version 8 character can destory version 4 content designed for a group.  You can kill it solo 10x faster than it was balanced for an entire group to take.  Congrats...</p><p>THAT is the content you are comparing the solo content 'that should give better xp' to.</p><p>It simple... if you want to put the minimum amount of time in to get to 95, then you should grind mentored down overlelved heroic zones solo.  If you aren't all OCD about level capping in 2 days then you can enjoy a week of leveling and doing quests for the only expansion we will have for the next 52 weeks.</p><p>Don't BS me with 'wanting to enjoy the questline', your post is obvious... you want to level fast and you have that option.  Which I'm totally fine with.  Lets not ruin the flow of new content (which you obviously just want to 'get past' anyway)  to fit the broken (actually just outdated and left derelict) experience gain due to old game mechanics.  If people want to super fast lvl grind, you can.</p><p>I said before nerfing the kill xp from grinding heroic content THAT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE SOLOED THAT FAST is only one option.  The other is to say that since you can go from 90-92 in 2 runs of lvl 80 mentored down runs of chelsith in 4hrs (a VERY conservative estimate) - that you should cap out the expansion after one short night of doing the solo line.</p><p>Those are sony's options for addressing your 'concern'.</p><p><strong>P.S. If you still don't understand what I'm saying, and really want to draw a comparison, imagine people complaining about solo quests or current raids raids not giving a single person as much plat as people can earn from running some mentored down, outlevled, old world content with a smaller group (or solo)</strong></p>