PDA

View Full Version : PvP Hot Zones and Flying Mounts

Cloakentuna
07-31-2012, 05:34 PM
<p>So we've been through this problem before with warfields, and I think the hotzones should have flying mounts restricted as well.  Obviously you don't get the same benefit of getting flagged then going into the air and awaiting free tokens in the hotzone, but when the idea of the zone is to PvP and fight as much as possible, having flying and leaping mounts takes away from that and encourages people to avoid fighting.</p>

Kulav
07-31-2012, 05:42 PM
<p>You mean avoid fighting onesided battles? Who wouldnt jump in only to die and not get any kills or tokens?! It's absurd. </p>

Cloakentuna
07-31-2012, 06:42 PM
<p>How does no flying mounts force you into fighting lopsided battles?  Or even prevent you from escaping from them?  You know there was a time before flying mounts and people avoided lopsided battles back then too.</p>

Kulav
07-31-2012, 07:35 PM
<p>They dont. Like you said though if you dont fight, you dont get tokens where in WF you can just go find somewhere to afk..I've caught many people out in the ocean thinking they are going to get free tokens no death. I dont think the mounts are really an issue more so than your group cant get the kill because no one wants to engage an illy,troub,swash so they jump or fly out of reach before a cast can land, not saying you dont ever kill anyone because I have died several times to your trio trying to take you all out. But thats normally after I get an unlucky spell or ranged attack on me and already died once. The hotzones were more to encourage world pvp not enforce you to pvp if you are in the zone.</p>

Balrok
07-31-2012, 08:45 PM
<p>Flying mounts are fine... jumping mounts need to be disabled.  Hate those things more then anything.</p>

Cloakentuna
07-31-2012, 08:47 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p> The hotzones were more to encourage world pvp not enforce you to pvp if you are in the zone.</p></blockquote><p>Flying mounts do not encourage world pvp, in fact they do quite the opposite.  Having no flying mounts does not mean you are being forced to pvp in a zone, you can still run on ground mounts, ground mounts just do not garauntee you an escape as you can be caught if somebody chasing you takes a better route.    </p>