PDA

View Full Version : PVP question.

GargleDemBawls
05-16-2012, 06:42 AM
<p>So, I was thinking of creating a character for the PVP servers here in EQ2, but...</p><p>I've seen a lot of negativity here on pvp in the forums, so I have a question.</p><p>What specifically is affecting the PVP of EQ2 to be unfun or broken, if that is the case that is.</p>

ysslik
05-17-2012, 10:09 PM
<p>The lack of a good pvp update for what like 2 years now.Devs broken promisses and not carring about the pvp population also not listening to the ones that are still here.</p><p>1 example of not listening.It is overwhelming that nobody wanted mercs in pvp combat read the the post about them.Then in the last update where they could have some credit back and remove them from combat all they did was apply leash.Im sorry but this one realy bugs me.</p><p>This is core reason why pepople have left andpvp is not what it used tobe</p>

Applo
05-19-2012, 10:47 PM
<p>Fun PvP requires class balance and participation that doesn't exist in this game. </p><p>It's as simple as that. </p><ul><li>In order to balance the classes for PvP without affecting PvE there would have to be a massive effort in PvP only class specific gear that could address each classes strengths/weaknesses.  </li><li>Participation is player driven. There are a few things SoE could do to force it on the players, such as limiting flying/leaping/runspeed/evac'ing, etc and changing pvp rules to give better rewards for winning fights, less penalties for losing, but in the end, people don't fight on the server and there's only so much developers could do to encourage it.    </li></ul><p>The lack of dev response, the continued push back of promised changes and the increasing anger of the shrinking server population, in my opinion, has already killed any future for the server.  The morale and population is so decimated at this point, working on balance and other issues that have come up over the past couple of years seems pretty questionable for more and more limited resources SoE is willing to put into EQ2.</p><p>You'd be better off locking a character in the 30s on a PvE server and queing up for battlegrounds at this point.</p>

Umeil
05-19-2012, 11:24 PM
<p>PvP has pretty much died off. Very few people participate and at most they wait untill you are engaged in PvE before they engage as it basically guarentees them the kill.</p><p>Most people do not want mercs in PvP but that is almost an impossible task .... read above. How do u stop ur merc aiding once u are jumped ?</p><p>There has been no development for PvP for so long now that most people have moved on. The fact that there are only 2 PvP servers also means that there is no real motive to develop this side of the game.</p><p>There have been many promisis made from the development teams but nothing ever came from them. Waiting to see if the last promis will be uphelp that there will be a big PvP upgrade before any new releases after GU63. I doubt it very much as there is still nothing but PvE content that is/has been on test server</p>

asaron
05-20-2012, 01:25 AM
<p>It also doesnt help that when we do get a pvp update to test that the testers throw a fit if the test server is pvp enabled for more than 5 mins so anything we do get is shoved to live broke and worthless !</p>

imgrounded
05-20-2012, 04:13 AM
<p>Well i still find pvp fun even with the broken features, one i pointed out in another thread is something as simple as bring in the WL or SS zones, you have a cc requirement, in pvp gear you need to manage about 230 cc so you'd have to give up some pieces or just get ripped appart by scouts ~ Eoji/Lovebullet</p>