PDA

View Full Version : 'The PvP Dev(s) Have No Clothes'...forevermore?

ekylok
04-25-2012, 01:04 AM
<p>Do they even exist anymore?</p><p>Antonica WF is a joke with all of the LAG hacking going on.</p><p>I've come to the conclusion, as have many others I am sure, that not only has EQ2 PvP come to an end, but EQ2 itself is on the way out... (Yes, I know all about EQ Next, and after how the "PTB" have ruined a great game over, and over, and over...I personally will NEVER play another SOE game.)</p><p>I use to think that, even though this game is "old schoool", there was still enough interest throughout the games populas to keep the people who are SOE "employed", working hard to keep their revenue stream flowing...I do not think that anymore.</p><p>Yea, it's definitely all about Station Cash now...they will continue to use that mechanism for revenue until the day they announce they are shutting down EQ1 and 2 to focus more on 'future projects'.</p><p>I'm no fool...I've seen this coming for some time, but have been so in love with the game, that I'd hope they would realize what a jewel they actually have.</p><p>This is not a "I'm quitting" post, but its definitely an "I'm not as interested as I once was post".</p>

ekylok
04-25-2012, 01:15 AM
<p>If there is still anyone steering the 'PvP ship', please respond...Or send me a PM about employment opportunites, because I truly believe, that as long as I have been playing on EQ2's PvP server(s), I could do a better job than what we have been given as a community.</p>

Delethen
04-25-2012, 09:21 AM
<p>There is no pvp dev, nor has there been one for many months.</p>

Ayaka
04-25-2012, 12:27 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>There is no pvp dev, nor has there been one for many <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">months</span> years.</p></blockquote>

Delethen
04-25-2012, 12:51 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>There is no pvp dev, nor has there been one for many <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">months</span> years.</p></blockquote></blockquote><p>To be entirely fair, I think Omaughi was pvp dev for a couple of weeks.  At least until Domino stuck her notice in and they shunted him over to tradeskills.  Naturally, nothing ever came of those weeks but yeah.</p>

Ayaka
04-25-2012, 03:13 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>There is no pvp dev, nor has there been one for many <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">months</span> years.</p></blockquote></blockquote><p>To be entirely fair, I think Omaughi was pvp dev for a couple of weeks.  At least until Domino stuck her notice in and they shunted him over to tradeskills.  Naturally, nothing ever came of those weeks but yeah.</p></blockquote><p>He was given the title for a couple of posts, not that it meant or amounted to anything.</p>

Splatterpunk28
04-25-2012, 09:49 PM
<p>The same people have been doing hacks forever.  The rare occasion they are banned, they are banned for a few days or something and they are back again doing it and denying it as before. </p><p>Honestly between the angry players, the broken mechanics, mega imabalances that just get worse the higher the level you are and just the shear fact that there is no open pvp (other than en mass lopsided WFs) is why I transferred off the server. The only time I ever enjoyed Nagafen was in Isle of Mara doing 1v1 or 6v6.  And, at that point, it's no different than a bg.</p><p>I'm not easily annoyed but when years go by of playing off and on and the issues just keep getting worse with less response...bleh, if a few IRL friends didn't play, I wouldn't play at all.</p><p>Anyway, just /petition every time it happens.  GMs will respond even if devs do not.</p>

Dorsan
04-26-2012, 12:42 AM
<p><cite>Splatterpunk28 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>The same people have been doing hacks forever.  The rare occasion they are banned, they are banned for a few days or something and they are back again doing it and denying it as before. </p><p>Honestly between the angry players, the broken mechanics, mega imabalances that just get worse the higher the level you are and just the shear fact that there is no open pvp (other than en mass lopsided WFs) is why I transferred off the server. The only time I ever enjoyed Nagafen was in Isle of Mara doing 1v1 or 6v6.  And, at that point, it's no different than a bg.</p><p>I'm not easily annoyed but when years go by of playing off and on and the issues just keep getting worse with less response...bleh, if a few IRL friends didn't play, I wouldn't play at all.</p><p>Anyway, just /petition every time it happens.  GMs will respond even if devs do not.</p></blockquote><p>What has this post to do with this thread?</p>

Rufy
04-30-2012, 03:25 PM
<p>Tired of getting 1 shot or tired of 1 shotting people at lvl 92? Tired of only finding pvp in a wf? Tired of hearing the same 5 trolls in 1-9? Never spend hours looking for 1 kill again. Finally there's a game that has fun pvp and pve content. Come join an amazing pvp adventure in Tera Online. Give it a try, if u don't like it come back and feed SoE more money so they can add more shi#$y pve content and neglect pvp. Give up on SoE. Don't feed them your hard earned cash any longer. I hope u suspend me sony, but in the process I hope more people leave your piece of sh$t game. Try Tera Online, it's actually fun. I'll be taking advantage of your free to play SoE. Thank you.</p><blockquote><p>What has this post to do with this thread?</p></blockquote><p>Everything</p>