PDA

View Full Version : EQ2wire/Pvp never will be priority...


Twinbladed
04-05-2012, 08:29 AM
<p><p style="color: #333333; font-family: 'Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; text-align: left;">We will never see the day light of a good update, at least they admit we are not on there list of fixes now, that seem like it was what they were doing anyways, but now even the pve side of the game is childs play worse than ever also. Think this might be my last month, guess I'll look up mmo's with decent pvp in them</p><p style="color: #333333; font-family: 'Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; text-align: left;"> </p><p style="color: #333333; font-family: 'Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; text-align: left;"> </p><p style="color: #333333; font-family: 'Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; text-align: left;">From <span style="color: #ff0000;"><strong>Piestro</strong></span> on the <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=516752&post_id=5741108#5741108" target="_blank">EQ2 Forums</a>:</p><blockquote><p>As to PvP changes, at one time these were tenatively planned for GU63. Unfortunately the scope of GU63 meant that PvP changes would not be feasible to include, because GU63 has so much in it already. I don’t want to go ahead and promise they’ll be in GU64 (because it’s too early for that), but this is a matter I will continue to discuss with the Development team. I’ll continue to note feedback we recieve and bring issues up on a regular basis.</p></blockquote></p>

Twinbladed
04-05-2012, 08:51 AM
<p>Just to make sure they know they are full of it... remember this </p><p><h2><a rel="bookmark" href="http://eq2wire.com/2011/12/14/new-eq2-pvp-dev-talks-gu63-pvp-tweaks/">New EQ2 PvP Dev Talks GU63 PvP Tweaks</a><div><em>Written by Feldon on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 9:27 am</em></div></h2><div><p>From <span style="color: #ff0000;"><strong>Omougi</strong></span> on the <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=507734&post_id=5682714#5682714" target="_blank">EQ2 Forums</a>:</p><blockquote><p>As <a href="http://www.eq2flames.user/profile.m?user_id=307626" target="_blank"><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">Olihin</span></strong></a> stated on the AoD launch webcast, I will be taking over the development of PVP in EQ2. Now that the dust of AoD’s launch has (mostly) settled, we can start working on what’s next for EQ2 PVP.</p><p>The ultimate goal here is to give all PVPers a sick update with GU63. I’ve read through most of your feedback on these forums (including this thread, all 25 pages of it <img src="http://www.eq2flames.com/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" />) and we plan to act on it. We’re in the plan iteration phase now, and I hope to start implimentation of the plan later this week or early next week.</p><p>So, what’s the plan? Details change, certain ideas may be altered, improved upon, or scrapped entirely. We’re not ready to discuss details just yet.</p><p>Changes and improvements are coming. Your feedback is appreciated, and your patience will be rewarded.</p></blockquote><p>as part of this process, <span style="color: #ff0000;"><strong>Omougi</strong></span> created a <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=511615" target="_blank">thread</a> asking about disruptive PvE gear:</p><blockquote><p>What PVE attained procs & effects do you folks feel are having a noticable effect on PVP combat?</p></blockquote><p>and:</p><blockquote><p>The goal of the effect pass that will occur is to catch any proc that is providing a huge boon in PVP, and either:</p><ol><li style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 7px; padding-left: 0px; list-style-type: decimal; list-style-position: initial; list-style-image: initial; margin: 0px;">make it attainable through some PVP means</li><li style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 7px; padding-left: 0px; list-style-type: decimal; list-style-position: initial; list-style-image: initial; margin: 0px;">adjust its PVP effects, or</li><li style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 7px; padding-left: 0px; list-style-type: decimal; list-style-position: initial; list-style-image: initial; margin: 0px;">disable it in PVP combat</li></ol></blockquote><blockquote><p>That’s my order of preference in dealing with these effects. There are some that may need to be completely disabled, but I hope to keep that count to a minimum.</p></blockquote><p>and for those concerned that this is the only major change coming to PvP:</p><blockquote><p>This is a ridiculously small amount of change compared to what else we have in the works for PVP.</p></blockquote><p><strong>UPDATE</strong>: Another quote from <span style="color: #ff0000;"><strong>Omougi</strong></span>:</p><blockquote><p>A lot of suggestions were indeed about removing features that are currently negatively affecting PVP. We are going to attempt to legitimately fix the problems instead of cutting out features that are causing them.</p></blockquote></div></p>

Darkor
04-05-2012, 09:08 AM
<p>Its not like PvP needs that much special attention. Revert a few of the changes back to what it was once and be done with it. Its not like we asked for massive changes that completely ruin pvp.</p><p>Alot of people suggested a few changes that would actually make pvp somewhat fun again. Do these and THEN you can take your time to make a HUGE pvp update. But leaving pvp in this desolating state and then telling us you wont have any time in future for us is a slap into our faces.</p><p>Please remember that Nagafen used to be the most populated server.</p><p>To bring the important points back on track:</p><p>Disabled Gliders/Leapers in PvP</p><p>Remove pvp armor and pvp critical mitigation</p><p>Balance the high hitting CAs, Spells and Auto attack for pvp instead of bringing even more useless stats into the game. Auto Attack does not have to be that high, the CAs and Spells dont have to hit that hard.</p><p>Bring back the old fame system.</p><p>Flying mounts, they are a pain on the pvp server. Perma-Immunity everywhere at any time. This has no room on a pvp server.</p><p>As you see a handfull of changes would actually make pvp somewhat enjoyable again. Its FAR from perfect, but atleast we could wait a GU or two for you to make the needed BIG overhaul. But meanwhile you should take a closer look at this list and change it before taking a longer absence from the pvp servers.</p><p>Thanks.</p>

Infernalbeauty
04-05-2012, 12:44 PM
<p>Do not remove PVP gear whatsoever. That's a real dumb move.</p><p>Than the one's that raid are going to have the advantage just like they have had for years when PVP was one unbalanced giant mess.</p><p>One's that can't raid should be able to enjoy PVP also. The PVP armor is fine but they need to give us new jewelry/weapons/charms.</p>

Twinbladed
04-05-2012, 03:23 PM
<p>Yes I understand but what people feel needs ot be changed just got put on hold again, we are not getting any update this next gu for pvp, after they said they were going to do it, they pushed it back to gu64, so how long has it been? Key..gonna be like he is complaining again lol, whatever at least I try to fix stuff, but I feel like sony does not have one thought into pvp at all, they could careless. So it's at the state of deal with it or just leave, and frankly after this month I more than likely gone, I played test, pvp is about to get a bigger slap in the face come next add on </p>

Vlahkmaak
04-05-2012, 10:17 PM
<p>Heres what I read:</p><p>From <span style="color: #ff0000;"><strong>Omougi</strong></span> on the <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=507734&post_id=5682714#5682714" target="_blank"><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="color: #0000ff;">EQ2 Forums</span></span></a>:</p><blockquote><p>...<a href="http://www.eq2flames.user/profile.m?user_id=307626" target="_blank"><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;"><span style="text-decoration: underline;">Olihin</span></span></strong></a> stated ... Now that the dust of AoD’s launch has (mostly) settled, we can scrap [pvp]  entirely. We’re not ready to discuss .... Your feedback ... patience [suckers].</p></blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Do not remove PVP gear whatsoever. That's a real dumb move.</p><p>Than the one's that raid are going to have the advantage just like they have had for years when PVP was one unbalanced giant mess.</p><p>One's that can't raid should be able to enjoy PVP also. The PVP armor is fine but they need to give us new jewelry/weapons/charms.</p></blockquote><p>I have to disagree - this is a pvp/e game. The pvp game cannot/will not survive w/o pve too.  TSO was a better ideal for pvp armor than the current pvp only armor.  Many people enjoy raiding AND pvp - forcing gear into one slot or the other bottlenecked the game this past year causin people to devote one way or the other at expense at both due to gear incompatability.  Unfortunatley the devs have demonstrated either they lack the will or the resources granted from above to properly provide a few quality pvp updates.  We really don't need much.  do not promise us more than you can deliver.</p><p>Look how long most of us have held onto playing this game for even the few pvp scraps that have been brushed off SOE corporate development table a year and a half ago.  The blue game alone holds no interest for many people - we want both PVP/E and the red server provides that added excitement.  We like to run raids, pvp, run instances and BS in channels.  Some people like to craft too for God knows whatever reason but they do. </p><p>Again - we really do not need much.  Take what you "planned" to give us and "chunk it" into smaller quality updates starting immediately with PVP jewelry comparable to the new gu63 jewelry at the same time.  That alone is going to garner you alot of good will.  Just give us some new jewelry and then start patching in a few other items afterward. If you wait for one large patch/update your going to find a ghost ship.  But maybe as I paraphrased above thats what your really hoping for? </p>

Infernalbeauty
04-06-2012, 08:03 AM
<p>So pvp can be unbalanced again ?? Raiders that get to raid the best zones, get to wear the best HM gear, while not as advanced raiders/pvpers don't get as good of gear to pvp in,and get their butts kicked ? Back to PVPERs not happy,and yes this is a pvp server.</p><p>Leave the armor,add the new jewelry,weapons,and charms,and make it where no raid jewelry/weapons works in PVP at all.</p>

ysslik
04-06-2012, 10:54 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>So pvp can be unbalanced again ?? Raiders that get to raid the best zones, get to wear the best HM gear, while not as advanced raiders/pvpers don't get as good of gear to pvp in,and get their butts kicked ? Back to PVPERs not happy,and yes this is a pvp server.</p><p>Leave the armor,add the new jewelry,weapons,and charms,and make it where no raid jewelry/weapons works in PVP at all.</p></blockquote><p>There will always be a bigger fish.</p><p>Im gonna disagree as well on this.The seperation of gear is one of the worst things that happened.Yes this is a pvp server but it needs pve to survive and theres the big thing theres nothing out there to bring anyone to the open.Now just running instances and BGs (the Worst thing to ever happen to pvp)</p><p>PVP will always be unballanced in one way or another.We all have access to the raid gear the question is do we want to spend the time and effort in getting it. That is up to you.I dont want to here "but im not in a raid guild"or "i dont like raiding" These are your choices because youchose not to doesnt make it unballanced.  </p><p>The same thing can be applied to the pvp gear.What about the people who dont have the time to go out do every wf or hunt down pvp all day.Take me i just got over 10k discord faction and  a whopping 156 tokens.Can i call it unballanced and unfair because those who have the time have maxed out thier faction got the full set and 10k plus tokens saved because i have choosen not to do all that. i wanted do other stuff like pve stuff.No its not unfair and its only unballaced for me becaue of the choices i made. I will just have to look for smaller fish.</p><p>To summ it all up.</p><p>Let pve gear work in pvp let us mix and match</p><p>open up instances YES including raid zones</p><p>get rid of fast travel</p><p>bring back body drops get rid of writs and tokens (sorry for all those with 10k plus tokens its for the good of the server take one for the team.)</p><p>Just make exiles a third faction already wait theyll want their own land so give them TD i always hatted sarneks anyways.</p><p>Give us something out in open world That pvpers want to fight for (not towers for tokens )</p>

7foggynites
04-07-2012, 01:19 PM
<p>The reason your PVP server is falling apart is because people are finding that Battlegrounds and other restricted-PVP features on PVE servers are much more suitable for their tolerances than open-PVP on PVP servers.</p><p>Period. End of discussion.</p>

Twinbladed
04-07-2012, 01:28 PM
<p><cite>ysslik wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>So pvp can be unbalanced again ?? Raiders that get to raid the best zones, get to wear the best HM gear, while not as advanced raiders/pvpers don't get as good of gear to pvp in,and get their butts kicked ? Back to PVPERs not happy,and yes this is a pvp server.</p><p>Leave the armor,add the new jewelry,weapons,and charms,and make it where no raid jewelry/weapons works in PVP at all.</p></blockquote><p>There will always be a bigger fish.</p><p>Im gonna disagree as well on this.The seperation of gear is one of the worst things that happened.Yes this is a pvp server but it needs pve to survive and theres the big thing theres nothing out there to bring anyone to the open.Now just running instances and BGs (the Worst thing to ever happen to pvp)</p><p>PVP will always be unballanced in one way or another.We all have access to the raid gear the question is do we want to spend the time and effort in getting it. That is up to you.I dont want to here "but im not in a raid guild"or "i dont like raiding" These are your choices because youchose not to doesnt make it unballanced.  </p><p>The same thing can be applied to the pvp gear.What about the people who dont have the time to go out do every wf or hunt down pvp all day.Take me i just got over 10k discord faction and  a whopping 156 tokens.Can i call it unballanced and unfair because those who have the time have maxed out thier faction got the full set and 10k plus tokens saved because i have choosen not to do all that. i wanted do other stuff like pve stuff.No its not unfair and its only unballaced for me becaue of the choices i made. I will just have to look for smaller fish.</p><p>To summ it all up.</p><p>Let pve gear work in pvp let us mix and match</p><p>open up instances YES including raid zones</p><p>get rid of fast travel</p><p>bring back body drops get rid of writs and tokens (sorry for all those with 10k plus tokens its for the good of the server take one for the team.)</p><p>Just make exiles a third faction already wait theyll want their own land so give them TD i always hatted sarneks anyways.</p><p>Give us something out in open world That pvpers want to fight for (not towers for tokens )</p></blockquote><p>I have to disagree, half the gear that is = to hm raid gear can be bought on the broker, reactants from crafting and being able to be on the broker horrible idea, and the zone are not just as hard as they were before cm, i took my rygor and legendary sf zone dropped inq into drunder and kray x4 an do just fine, anyways main issue is the fact that they are not going to fix pvp at all, as said above, there is 0 point into the game now, anything you need is at your hand, especially for pvp, what is it to sit at a wf and get tokens, it involves nothing but logging in and getting flagged, then hop on the wagon with everyone else in a big head on head collision of spamming buttons and waiting on updates, do that for about 20 minutes then everyone calls back to the guild hall, go to great divide and look your tail off for people to kill it has like 4 or 5 get them on your 30 minute recent timer, you have nothing no one left to kill, and you get 0 reward. This is what a lot of people call pvp who have been on this game forever have tried to adjust to, but now half of them are gone, the people who did stay are getting bored. I logged on my wizzy the other day, unchecked the friend's list box an noticed 60% of the people on it don't even play the game anymore, that was since early 08, where are the big battles that were in antonica and commonlands before wf's, they don't exist. People are happy to see 1 group come into there city, there was a time when raids came into your city on a regular bases. The fact they are not going to do anything about it tells me they don't care about the players at all, your just a money with no opinion.</p>

7foggynites
04-07-2012, 01:37 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>ysslik wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>So pvp can be unbalanced again ?? Raiders that get to raid the best zones, get to wear the best HM gear, while not as advanced raiders/pvpers don't get as good of gear to pvp in,and get their butts kicked ? Back to PVPERs not happy,and yes this is a pvp server.</p><p>Leave the armor,add the new jewelry,weapons,and charms,and make it where no raid jewelry/weapons works in PVP at all.</p></blockquote><p>There will always be a bigger fish.</p><p>Im gonna disagree as well on this.The seperation of gear is one of the worst things that happened.Yes this is a pvp server but it needs pve to survive and theres the big thing theres nothing out there to bring anyone to the open.Now just running instances and BGs (the Worst thing to ever happen to pvp)</p><p>PVP will always be unballanced in one way or another.We all have access to the raid gear the question is do we want to spend the time and effort in getting it. That is up to you.I dont want to here "but im not in a raid guild"or "i dont like raiding" These are your choices because youchose not to doesnt make it unballanced.  </p><p>The same thing can be applied to the pvp gear.What about the people who dont have the time to go out do every wf or hunt down pvp all day.Take me i just got over 10k discord faction and  a whopping 156 tokens.Can i call it unballanced and unfair because those who have the time have maxed out thier faction got the full set and 10k plus tokens saved because i have choosen not to do all that. i wanted do other stuff like pve stuff.No its not unfair and its only unballaced for me becaue of the choices i made. I will just have to look for smaller fish.</p><p>To summ it all up.</p><p>Let pve gear work in pvp let us mix and match</p><p>open up instances YES including raid zones</p><p>get rid of fast travel</p><p>bring back body drops get rid of writs and tokens (sorry for all those with 10k plus tokens its for the good of the server take one for the team.)</p><p>Just make exiles a third faction already wait theyll want their own land so give them TD i always hatted sarneks anyways.</p><p>Give us something out in open world That pvpers want to fight for (not towers for tokens )</p></blockquote><p>I have to disagree, half the gear that is = to hm raid gear can be bought on the broker, reactants from crafting and being able to be on the broker horrible idea, and the zone are not just as hard as they were before cm, i took my rygor and legendary sf zone dropped inq into drunder and kray x4 an do just fine, anyways main issue is the fact that they are not going to fix pvp at all, as said above, there is 0 point into the game now, anything you need is at your hand, especially for pvp, what is it to sit at a wf and get tokens, it involves nothing but logging in and getting flagged, then hop on the wagon with everyone else in a big head on head collision of spamming buttons and waiting on updates, do that for about 20 minutes then everyone calls back to the guild hall, go to great divide and look your tail off for people to kill it has like 4 or 5 get them on your 30 minute recent timer, you have nothing no one left to kill, and you get 0 reward. This is what a lot of people call pvp who have been on this game forever have tried to adjust to, but now half of them are gone, the people who did stay are getting bored. I logged on my wizzy the other day, unchecked the friend's list box an noticed 60% of the people on it don't even play the game anymore, that was since early 08, where are the big battles that were in antonica and commonlands before wf's, they don't exist. People are happy to see 1 group come into there city, there was a time when raids came into your city on a regular bases. The fact they are not going to do anything about it tells me they don't care about the players at all, your just a money with no opinion.</p></blockquote><p>Gosh, it sure is fun to get griefed or ninja killed or zerged in an open-PVP environment.</p><p>All of us carebears are whiners.</p><p>I'm telling you that THIS is why PVP servers fail. They're too exclusive.</p><p>Pick any PVP MMORPG out there. Most of them don't do well. They topple over like a crumbling tower. Even Eve-Online isn't going to ever beat a fraction of WoW's or SWTOR's subscription base. Their problem is that they get drunk on bloodlust and wanderlust. For the future, restricted-PVP on PVE servers is the way to go. If you want to keep with the times then learn how all that works and plead for developers to improve these features for hardcore PVP players like yourself.</p><p>I'll admit though that Eve-Online allows players to play in non-PVP areas and has anti-griefing design for its PVP areas. These two factors go a long ways to making Eve-Online one of the most popular PVP games around.</p>

EQ2Playa432
04-07-2012, 11:16 PM
<p>7foggynites I have to disagree completely. Nagafen was a healthy and thriving server from its launch throught at least EoF. It lost its strength as time went on and new things were added to the game, and because they are incapable of listening to the smart feedback or balancing new additions correctly.</p>

Infernalbeauty
04-08-2012, 10:29 AM
<p>Yes there will always be bigger fish.....and plenty of different lakes we can call blue servers { a lake is blue also}.....swimmm down that shore and pick a lake !!!</p>