PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Maker Customizations?

Sanjir
04-03-2012, 07:43 PM
<p>Would it be possible to change the effects in a dungeon?  Such as change the lighting from bright to dark, visa versa, and the color of the lights?  Also would like the possibility to change the sound files in the dungeons to create a more authentic feel towards the dungeon being built.</p><p>Another aspect of the dungeon maker toolset I would love to see is to have booby traps that can be located on the floors, walls, and ceilings.  Various kinds of traps would be nice, from DOTs, to Singular Damage spikes, to Gas effects that cause breathing meter to be reduced till you get out of the area of effect.</p>

Kyouri
04-17-2012, 03:53 PM
<p><cite>Sanjir wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Would it be possible to change the effects in a dungeon?  Such as change the lighting from bright to dark, visa versa, and the color of the lights?  Also would like the possibility to change the sound files in the dungeons to create a more authentic feel towards the dungeon being built.</p><p>Another aspect of the dungeon maker toolset I would love to see is to have booby traps that can be located on the floors, walls, and ceilings.  Various kinds of traps would be nice, from DOTs, to Singular Damage spikes, to Gas effects that cause breathing meter to be reduced till you get out of the area of effect.</p></blockquote><p>Good idea, unfortunately...too many people run these just for the token grind :/</p><p>I'd love to get my storyline dungeon working like well...a storyline...but there's so many issues, including bad text procing on the NPC's :/</p>

msgnomer
04-20-2012, 01:32 PM
<p><cite>Sanjir wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Would it be possible to change the effects in a dungeon?  Such as change the lighting from bright to dark, visa versa, and the color of the lights?  Also would like the possibility to change the sound files in the dungeons to create a more authentic feel towards the dungeon being built.</p><p>Another aspect of the dungeon maker toolset I would love to see is to have booby traps that can be located on the floors, walls, and ceilings.  Various kinds of traps would be nice, from DOTs, to Singular Damage spikes, to Gas effects that cause breathing meter to be reduced till you get out of the area of effect.</p></blockquote><p>I agree with all your ideas and more that have been posted in a couple of long suggestions threads.</p><p>I don't know of any easy way to do this, but you can change the lighting somewhat by covering the exisiting lighting or adding your own.  You can't even see the original interior in the dungeon I designed and I notice a difference when, for instance I cover the ceiling with solid objects, or a sky.</p><p>Sound is tough without tools.  You do add sounds by the objects and spawners you add, so that does modify it somewhat.  For instance, I have a hot springs that is bubbling with steam rising and the sounds of bubbling.  The spawners I chose make some squishy and bubbly noises too. (and covering the walls with rock and adding the sky changed the lighting as well.)</p><p>It's a bit artificial, but I've also seen players put music boxes in strategic positions in their dungeons.  You activate them for musical effect.</p><p>I would love more customizations built into the toolset.  I'd also love a plain box dungeon that we can use without having to find ways to mask existing architecture that doesn't fit our scheme.</p><p>I also wish people enjoyed the rp designed dungeons more.  Kind of sad to work hard to make something and then, even worse than people hating it, people don't even try it.  Another reason I"d like to see the dungeonmaker window allow for a player to add a short description.</p>

faydh
04-21-2012, 01:31 PM
<p>I have been thinking about the background or battle music too but i see a big problem there.</p><p>If Sony did that they should as fare as i know according to international law about Royalites pay the owner of the rights for each time their music is used in a dungeon.</p>

LordPazuzu
05-12-2012, 04:11 PM
<p>I'd be happy with being able to set background music from existing game music.</p>