PDA

View Full Version : PVP needs to change

Kristani
02-27-2012, 02:22 AM
<p>I think if someone runs away from a fight, they should lose some fame and the one who's winning get a little fame. </p><p>Also, I don't think as much fame should be given to a gang of attackers who attack one. </p><p>And if you defeat more than one opponent, you should get a lot of fame.</p><p>This would make PVP stats more meaningful.  There are a ton of freeps out there, and if you should pick a fight with one, 5 others come out of the woodwork.  They should get very little fame and wins should count fractionally.  This would make people fight fair.</p><p>Just my thoughts.</p>

Vlahkmaak
02-27-2012, 02:39 AM
<p><cite>Kristani wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I think if someone runs away from a fight, they should lose some fame and the one who's winning get a little fame. </p><p>Also, I don't think as much fame should be given to a gang of attackers who attack one. </p><p>And if you defeat more than one opponent, you should get a lot of fame.</p><p>This would make PVP stats more meaningful.  There are a ton of freeps out there, and if you should pick a fight with one, 5 others come out of the woodwork.  They should get very little fame and wins should count fractionally. <strong> This would make people fight fair.</strong></p><p>Just my thoughts.</p></blockquote><p>You need to drop any notion of "fair" as it does not exist.  The game is far more balanced around groups not 1:1 encounters.  If you beat two opposing players you most likely out geared them so the fight was not "fair" at all was it?  Withdrawing from a fight is called tactical awareness and demonstrates a sense of intelligence on the part of your quarry.  Why stay and give you a writ update or infamy knwing there is prob a horde of Q inc anyhow?  If you did not kill the person withdrawing away why should you be rewarded for failing to snare/root/stun/interupt/kill fast enough? </p>

Freejazzlive
02-27-2012, 11:55 AM
<p><cite>Kristani wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>This would make people fight fair.</p></blockquote><p>In the immortal words of William Munney, "Fair's got <strong>nothin'</strong> to do with it."</p>

Tesiyr
02-27-2012, 01:28 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Kristani wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I think if someone runs away from a fight, they should lose some fame and the one who's winning get a little fame. </p><p>Also, I don't think as much fame should be given to a gang of attackers who attack one. </p><p>And if you defeat more than one opponent, you should get a lot of fame.</p><p>This would make PVP stats more meaningful.  There are a ton of freeps out there, and if you should pick a fight with one, 5 others come out of the woodwork.  They should get very little fame and wins should count fractionally. <strong> This would make people fight fair.</strong></p><p>Just my thoughts.</p></blockquote><p>You need to drop any notion of "fair" as it does not exist.  The game is far more balanced around groups not 1:1 encounters.  If you beat two opposing players you most likely out geared them so the fight was not "fair" at all was it?  Withdrawing from a fight is called tactical awareness and demonstrates a sense of intelligence on the part of your quarry.  Why stay and give you a writ update or infamy knwing there is prob a horde of Q inc anyhow?  If you did not kill the person withdrawing away why should you be rewarded for failing to snare/root/stun/interupt/kill fast enough? </p></blockquote><p>I agree 100% with Vlahkmaak.  There is absolutely no reason to stay and fight if you know you will die.  If you get into a scuffle with someone at a bar and they pull out a pistol and you are unarmed, are you gonna run at them fists swinging?? If I get jumped by two or more toons that are eight levels higher than me you better believe I'm gonna spam evac praying their stuns/stifles wear off in time.  And giving rewards for "failing to snare/root/stun/interupt/kill fast enough" would be ridiculous.</p><p>However, with this being said I think leaping mounts make it WAY too easy to get away from a PvP encounter much less start one.  I remember the good 'ol days when all there were was ground mounts and some of the higher level ones were 5-10 percent faster than the lower level ones...</p><p>Also, you must not have been playing for very long because infamy and status is split between all killers.  If 6 people kill 1 guy they only get 1 infamy each instead of 6 infamy, so what you are talking about with marginal benifits when ganging up on someone is already happening.</p><p>Its good that you feel PvP has issues, which it does, but I respectfully disagree with your ideas Kristani.</p>

Lilflier
02-27-2012, 02:39 PM
<p><cite>Freejazzlive wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Kristani wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>This would make people fight fair.</p></blockquote><p>In the immortal words of William Munney, "Fair's got <strong>nothin'</strong> to do with it."</p></blockquote><p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpDkYZWeeVg">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpDkYZWeeVg</a></p>

Kristani
02-27-2012, 03:53 PM
<p>You're right. I haven't been playing for a long time.  I am pretty much a newbie.   However, my character fights well, even against the so-called all-powerful beastlords.  The problem is, when I am fighting and winning, the person I am fighting runs away because they have a leaper, which makes it very easy to get away, or a glider, which makes it impossible to stun enough times to keep it from running.  Then they come back with 3 other guys. </p><p> I have yet to find a Q anywhere in Antonica, to help out. I have seen them run by and ignore me.  I was fighting 3 freeps at one time and holding my own (until mana ran out) and 3 Q's came by.  This guy and his entourage where powerful.  They had title, heroic and could have helped me, but they just stopped, watched and left. </p><p> Don't know what it is, but something about this game doesn't feel right.  Too many freeps (everywhere you go you get ganged up on by 4 or 5), too much disparity between mounts (leapers and gliders make it very easy to get away), tanks have trouble keeping a fight going because we can't root so a lot of wins get away.  If I am doing something wrong, any advice would be welcomed.</p><p>Thanks</p>

Kimber
02-27-2012, 05:24 PM
<p>Part of the problem is simpley Fame.</p><p>Player 1 is fighting Player 2 and 3 and holding thier own.</p><p>Group of 3 rolls up on fight.  If they enguage they will get some fame but not as much as if thye let you die then enguage.  As the fame would have to be split 4 ways if they help you.</p><p>That being said get into groups if you can there are several t4 PvP guilds out there.  It may take some time but stick with it.</p>

Vlahkmaak
02-28-2012, 12:15 AM
<p>You had me at:</p><p><cite>Tesiyr wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I agree 100% with Vlahkmaak. </p></blockquote><p><cite>Tesiyr wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>...<strong>However, with this being said I think leaping mounts make it WAY too easy to get away from a PvP encounter much less start one.  I remember the good 'ol days when all there were was ground mounts and some of the higher level ones were 5-10 percent faster than the lower level ones...</strong></p></blockquote><p>All kidding aside - this is one of the real recognized issues on the server.  Mounts and mount speed. This is EQ2 not Star Trek - Warp Factor 5 needs to be done away with.  Speeds on a pvp server should, in my never too humble opinion, be capped at 75% max.  Why 75% and not 55%?  Snares work effectivelly at this speed and if someone gets away hit by a snare they deserved to get away becuase they worked it.  People bounce around on these jumpy mounts like an ADHD kid hopped up on 13 cans of <Insert name of favorite caffinated beverage> knowing they can run at Ludicrous Speed (to Quote Dark Helmet) and/or hit someone on the downward arc while moving at Warp Factor 5.</p><p>In addition PVP servers should NEVER offer bonus XP in instances.  Bonus XP instanced grinding absolutely kills overland questing and hinders pvp/e interaction.  Long gone are the days of building a quest grp to go get AA from overland quests on mains and alts AND to PVP at the same time. </p>

Tesiyr
02-29-2012, 10:51 AM
<p>"Warp factor 5" actually made me laugh out loud.  I'm still dumbfounded that leaping mounts ever even came to fruition.</p><p>The reduction of XP gained in instances and raising XP gained in open zones on Nagafen is an <strong>excellent</strong> idea.  This would absolutely increase open world PvP throughout every tier.  Instance runs to grind XP like Cove of Decay are all too prevelant.  These characters are hidden away in instances instead of actually running around TS questing, thus decreasing open world PvP.  This is the first time I've heard this idea and it would without question increase open world PvP, which is what we all joined this server in the first place for!</p>

Broan
03-01-2012, 07:52 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>You had me at:</p><p><cite>Tesiyr wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I agree 100% with Vlahkmaak. </p></blockquote><p><cite>Tesiyr wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>...<strong>However, with this being said I think leaping mounts make it WAY too easy to get away from a PvP encounter much less start one.  I remember the good 'ol days when all there were was ground mounts and some of the higher level ones were 5-10 percent faster than the lower level ones...</strong></p></blockquote><p>All kidding aside - this is one of the real recognized issues on the server.  Mounts and mount speed. This is EQ2 not Star Trek - Warp Factor 5 needs to be done away with.  Speeds on a pvp server should, in my never too humble opinion, be capped at 75% max.  Why 75% and not 55%?  Snares work effectivelly at this speed and if someone gets away hit by a snare they deserved to get away becuase they worked it.  People bounce around on these jumpy mounts like an ADHD kid hopped up on 13 cans of knowing they can run at Ludicrous Speed (to Quote Dark Helmet) and/or hit someone on the downward arc while moving at Warp Factor 5.</p><p>In addition PVP servers should NEVER offer bonus XP in instances.  Bonus XP instanced grinding absolutely kills overland questing and hinders pvp/e interaction.  Long gone are the days of building a quest grp to go get AA from overland quests on mains and alts AND to PVP at the same time. </p></blockquote><p>Cannot agree more, closed instances killed this game..... they need to reopen most instances so they is an abundance of open-world pvp again like the good ol days !</p>

Sasquatch
03-02-2012, 01:40 PM
PvP will be changing with the next GU. But i doubt it will be enough to make me come back. I hear that they are fixing alot of issues, but dont want to completely remove content that has already been placed in the game even if it is causing alot of problems. Which is understandable but also the reason the GU will suck.

ysslik
03-02-2012, 11:56 PM
<p>The "fame argument" its been around forever I never cared about it never will. all i want is that update.What i actually want more is body drops again. In a group and kill one person have prety lady kiss your dice before you roll.</p><p>I agree open up some instances but put some thing in there that we can use for pvp.Wich mean you would need to make pve gear work in pvp AGIAN .Should top pvp gear be better then top raid gear yep you bet this is a pvp server after all.Having it so only one token randomly droping per death and the gear very expensive it would be just as hard if not harder to get full set of pvp gear vs raid gear.</p><p>I know people will go the easist way to gear up so thats why you open up the top raid zones.Now if peoplethink raidingthe easist fastest way to get gear they would have to go and possibly face pvp to get their  top raid gear that they wanted in first place to survive better in pvp and  pepole that think pvp is the easist will go to the raid zones to find those people raiding.</p><p>If one faction waits till the other clears the zone to the final boss then attacks hey WELCOME TO PVP imo.</p><p>Boils down to OPEN WORLD PVP NEEDS OPEN WORLD PVE.The only way this can work is the gear you get in open world pve must be able to work in pvp.But this will never happen as long as Battle Grounds remain on naggy.Im soory your on a pvp server they make no sense to me.</p><p>The zones dont have to be fully open If the zone only lets a raidx4in then only let a raidx4f the opposite faction in and if only lets 1 group then only one group of the opposite faction can get in.and so on</p><p>Just my opinion</p>