PDA

View Full Version : PVP weapons

Kristani
02-26-2012, 11:56 AM
<p> Do PVP weapons (and armor) work at all against NPC's.  If not, any hints on how to go questing in PVP server wearing PVP armor.  I still need to get about anoter 50 AA's before I max out. Thanks</p>

Adjorr
02-26-2012, 03:15 PM
its best to have 2 sets of gear, one for pvp and one for pve, you can make a macro for each set and puit them on your hotbar to quickly switch between sets

Vlahkmaak
02-26-2012, 04:44 PM
<p>Its generally best to mix and match your pvp/e gear.  PVP gear is less effective than PVE gear in pvp but with the removal of overland mobs critting you can wear your pvp armor and mix and match pve weapons, pvp shields, and jewelry based on class.  The pvp shield typically adds pvp crit mit so for over land i'll use that on my fighter instead of the shield just in case of un expected pvp.  How you mix and match your gear will be based on your toons class as different classes gain different amounts of effectiveness from pvp jewelry compared to pve jewelry. </p><p>As the previous poster noted its best to have differnt gear set up on a macro for quick change in/out as needed.</p>

Tesiyr
02-27-2012, 01:40 PM
<p>I'm not sure about higher tiers, but in the lower tiers PvP gear is still excellent for PvE.  While it may not be the very very best for PvE, it is still very effective.</p>

Vlahkmaak
02-28-2012, 12:20 AM
<p><cite>Tesiyr wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I'm not sure about higher tiers, but in the lower tiers PvP gear is still excellent for PvE.  While it may not be the very very best for PvE, it is still very effective.</p></blockquote><p>Raid weapons hit much harder and offer significant amounts of primary stat + sta.  I continue to use the pvp shield for the added PVP defensive bonuses but jewelry is mixed and matched.  The low stats and ho hum effects do not make the toughness worth it when one can obtain several pieces that proc heals/wards/power regen that are far more effective for a tank than the added toughnessof the jewelry.  Scouts get a few nice jewelry pvp pieces worth wearing but the heal proc on Gwartha's Hoop is far superior to even 2 of the poison proc healy earings for tanks.</p>