PDA

View Full Version : Text

Gladiolus
02-20-2012, 12:35 PM
<p>The idea of being able to give speech to the mobs is great, it makes the dungeon more personal and the story more meaningful.</p><p>A dungeon I made contains 25 pieces of text, all set for Aggro, Battle, HalfHealth or Death on various mobs. On doing the dungeon though, only two or three of them trigger. Is this the expected percentage? Is there a way to increase the trigger chance?</p>

msgnomer
02-20-2012, 01:28 PM
<p>Someone may have the definitive answer, but I noticed that you can put multiple text  for each trigger type.  I'm currently trying this to see if it increases the amount of times that a given mob says at least something.</p>

Gladiolus
02-20-2012, 01:55 PM
<p><cite>msgnomer wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Someone may have the definitive answer, but I noticed that you can put multiple text  for each trigger type.  I'm currently trying this to see if it increases the amount of times that a given mob says at least something.</p></blockquote><p>If the percentage is constant then yes if you have more text added, more will be triggered, but it's the percentage chance I'm querying, and whether there's a way to increase it.</p>

Daisey
02-20-2012, 02:08 PM
<p>During the dungeon video thing that they had out a few weeks ago they said that the mobs die so fast that all the different text things won't trigger.</p>

Cyliena
02-20-2012, 03:15 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>During the dungeon video thing that they had out a few weeks ago they said that the mobs die so fast that all the different text things won't trigger.</p></blockquote><p>That doesn't explain why "aggro" and "death" won't trigger most of the time. I tried setting mainly those ones over the weekend when I added to my dungeon and only 3 or 4 of them total triggered.</p>

GrunEQ
02-20-2012, 06:22 PM
<p><span style="font-family: comic sans ms,sans-serif; font-size: small;">In one of my dungeons I revamped with more text and having run it several times, very little is actually triggered.  I don't know what they use to decide what gets used, but it's disappointing, especially when you are trying to add flavor to the overall experience.</span></p>