PDA

View Full Version : Misc DM questions

Gravy
02-08-2012, 05:10 PM
<p>The information on DM changes so frequently and since there is no FAQ I'm hoping someone can help me with a few questions.</p><p>1. People who design dungeons earn marks. How are these earned? Is it one mark per unique like?</p><p>2. If I do not own AoD, can I buy and use something from the Dungeon Maker part of the Marketplace? For example, I don't own AoD, but I can still run dungeons, if I save 500 marks can I buy and use the mount?</p><p>3. There are many adventurers that seem similar. Is there a reason to own multiple adventurers of the same 'class'? Like the rogue adventurer and the spearman?</p><p>4. Is there a way to tell the number of marks you'll earn by killing everything in the dungeon? I've been in dungeons that say one thing but I'm rewarded something else. Its like the dungeon was changed but not the title.</p><p>5. Would running DM dungeons be a viable way to level an alt? Or is the XP not enough to justify it?</p><p>*edit - 6. Why aren't adventures usable across the account? If I consume an adventurer on one of my toons, why can't I access it on another toon once inside the dungeon?</p><p>Thx</p>

Daisey
02-08-2012, 05:52 PM
<p>There is no way for the person <em>running</em> the dungeon to know how many marks that they'll get.  The maker knows via the difficulty that they see when creating it.  An unbuffed/unnerfed regular (non boss/elite) gives 50 difficulty points.  You get one token per 100 difficulty points.  One of my dungeons has (in the biggest rooms) about 120/130 points per mob.  I gotta lotta boxes.  This means that the average person just running a dungeon has no way to know, even by counting the mobs they kill, how many points that they'll receive.</p><p>I think the exp is fair for running a dungeon <em>but</em> you'll use up your vitality in a hurry.  I wouldn't put an alt that I intend to play again soon through a dungeon.  Maybe if I was gonna put them on the shelf for a week afterward.  I kinda like doing the dungeons for my higher level chars, but I seldom run other people's dungeons.  I tend to test and test my own, until I'm bored, and get a surprising amount of exp and tokens from this activity.</p><p>I think a lot of people are confused over the marks.  I know I am.  I have one dungeon that had one like and I received 14 tokens.  I unpublished it and after republishing it received one like but no tokens.  The only thing that I can assume is that the original "liker" re-ran it.  That makes me happy, but I can't really tell if it was <em>really</em> the same person or not.</p><p>That's pretty much all I know about dungeons.</p>

Gravy
02-09-2012, 02:14 AM
<p><cite>Gravy wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>2. If I do not own AoD, can I buy and use something from the Dungeon Maker part of the Marketplace? For example, I don't own AoD, but I can still run dungeons, if I save 500 marks can I buy and use the mount?</p></blockquote><p>The answer to this is no.</p><p>After grinding a few dungeons to save up 500 marks I tried to buy the mount. I got a pop-up that said, 'You don't own AoD. Sucks to be you.'</p><p>Well, that's how I felt at least. Thanks SoE. You let me run the dungeons but I can't spend the marks?</p>

msgnomer
02-10-2012, 02:49 PM
<p><cite>Gravy wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Gravy wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>2. If I do not own AoD, can I buy and use something from the Dungeon Maker part of the Marketplace? For example, I don't own AoD, but I can still run dungeons, if I save 500 marks can I buy and use the mount?</p></blockquote><p>The answer to this is no.</p><p>After grinding a few dungeons to save up 500 marks I tried to buy the mount. I got a pop-up that said, 'You don't own AoD. Sucks to be you.'</p><p>Well, that's how I felt at least. Thanks SoE. You let me run the dungeons but I can't spend the marks?</p></blockquote><p>Well, you do still get XP and can stockpile marks! </p><p>I think it's rather clever of SOE to do this and can't blame them.  Designers get more people running their dungeons.  And those without ApD can still enjoy them and maybe be tempted to buy the expansion.  I ran several dungeons before deciding to buy the expansion on that basis alone, since I wanted to try my hand at a design.</p>