PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on how to improve PvP

nfsdan2
01-23-2012, 11:57 AM
<p><span style="font-size: x-small;">I know there have been plenty of threads about the problems with PvP, however i thought i'd come up with a few possible solutions. I play T4, therefore i do not claim to be an expert reguarding max lvl pvp, however these are suggestions aimed at improving the state of PvP in <strong>all</strong> tiers.</span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: x-small;">Mount speed <strong>scales</strong> with level: Lvl 10 = 20%, lvl 20 = 30%, lvl 30 = 40%, lvl 40 = 50%, lvl 50 = 60%, lvl 60 = 70%, lvl 70 = 80%, lvl 80 = 90%, lvl 90 =100% <strong>OR</strong> reduce speed of all mounts <strong>WHEN </strong>WF is active - 40% for Ant, 70% for EL, and 100% for KP, this also makes speed buffs actually useful once again.</span></span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;"> </span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: x-small;">Leapers/Gliders disabled in WF zones <strong>WHEN</strong> WF is active. If WF is <strong>NOT </strong>active, and a player attacks someone on a flying mount the player on the flying mount is unable to fly/leap/glide with the mount (they wont plummet to their death, but slowly descend with a maximum falling speed reduction type buff), <strong>however</strong> the <strong>groundspeed</strong> of the mount is <strong><span style="text-decoration: underline;">still effective</span></strong></span></span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;"> </span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: x-small;">Evac/evac items have their reuse timer increased <strong>IF</strong> used to escape pvp combat.</span></span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;"> </span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: x-small;">WF’s every <strong>4 hours</strong> instead of 2 hours</span></span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;"> </span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: x-small;">Everytime you complete 2 writts (10-79) or 3-4 writts (80-90) you get <strong>bonus</strong> tokens / faction</span></span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;"> </span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: x-small;">PvP writt rewards scale according to how many players in group = <strong>THIS IS JUST A RANDOM EXAMPLE TO SHOW THE CONCEPT:</strong> solo = 10 tokens, duo = 9, trio = 8, four man = 7, five man = 6, six man = 5, raid = 3 </span></span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;"> </span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: x-small;">Mercenaries disabled in PvP combat <strong>OR </strong>nerfed to the extent that they are practically useless <strong>in PvP.</strong></span></span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: x-small;"><strong></strong></span></span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: x-small;"><strong></strong></span></span></p>

thephantomposter
01-23-2012, 12:22 PM
<p>A better solution is to have a dedicated pvp team.</p>

Hammieee
01-24-2012, 01:22 AM
<p><cite>nfsdan2 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><span style="font-size: x-small;">I know there have been plenty of threads about the problems with PvP, however i thought i'd come up with a few possible solutions. I play T4, therefore i do not claim to be an expert reguarding max lvl pvp, however these are suggestions aimed at improving the state of PvP in <strong>all</strong> tiers.</span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: x-small;">Mount speed <strong>scales</strong> with level: Lvl 10 = 20%, lvl 20 = 30%, lvl 30 = 40%, lvl 40 = 50%, lvl 50 = 60%, lvl 60 = 70%, lvl 70 = 80%, lvl 80 = 90%, lvl 90 =100% <strong>OR</strong> reduce speed of all mounts <strong>WHEN </strong>WF is active - 40% for Ant, 70% for EL, and 100% for KP, this also makes speed buffs actually useful once again.</span></span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;">If you get hit, mounts auto lose all speed down to 0% until killed or reach lets say 200 meters away from the person.</p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;"> </span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: x-small;">Leapers/Gliders disabled in WF zones <strong>WHEN</strong> WF is active. If WF is <strong>NOT </strong>active, and a player attacks someone on a flying mount the player on the flying mount is unable to fly/leap/glide with the mount (they wont plummet to their death, but slowly descend with a maximum falling speed reduction type buff), <strong>however</strong> the <strong>groundspeed</strong> of the mount is <strong><span style="text-decoration: underline;">still effective</span></strong></span></span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;">If you get hit gliders/leapers/flying mounts are unusable and thier groundspeed is done, them still having groundspeed defeats the whole entire purpose.</p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;"> </span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: x-small;">Evac/evac items have their reuse timer increased <strong>IF</strong> used to escape pvp combat.</span></span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;">If you get hit it puts you into pvp combat, no evac.</p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;"> </span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: x-small;">WF’s every <strong>4 hours</strong> instead of 2 hours</span></span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;"> WF's should happen more often, not less.</span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: x-small;">Everytime you complete 2 writts (10-79) or 3-4 writts (80-90) you get <strong>bonus</strong> tokens / faction</span></span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;">Yes, this ^.</p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;"> </span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: x-small;">PvP writt rewards scale according to how many players in group = <strong>THIS IS JUST A RANDOM EXAMPLE TO SHOW THE CONCEPT:</strong> solo = 10 tokens, duo = 9, trio = 8, four man = 7, five man = 6, six man = 5, raid = 3</span></span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;">Ditch writs and drop tokens off the guy.</p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small;"> </span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: x-small;">Mercenaries disabled in PvP combat <strong>OR </strong>nerfed to the extent that they are practically useless <strong>in PvP.</strong></span></span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;">No mercs at all.</p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: x-small;"><strong></strong></span></span></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: x-small;"><strong></strong></span></span></p></blockquote>