PDA

View Full Version : Help on acquiring PVP Equipment.

DariusIV
01-15-2012, 10:25 PM
<p>Relatively new player to PVP and had a few questions.  I wasn't paying that much attention and levelled my toon to 50 on Negafen.  I didn't PVP much in the 30's bracket which now looks like a huge mistake. I have no PVP equipment at all and basically get one or two shotted if I ever run into anyone in my level bracket.  It seems where PVP is concerned PVE equipment has no effect at all.  Might aswell run around naked.</p><p>With only a dozen tokens what are my options ? Should I reroll ? Somebody suggested purchasing craftable equipment but it looks like none of the becomes available until 80.   Apparently players only do BG's in the 30-39 and 90 bracket.  You will not get a queue at any other level.  </p><p>So short of AFKing in warfields do I have any other options ?    Responses appreciated.</p>

thephantomposter
01-16-2012, 01:30 AM
<p>Make sure your in a guild and run with guildies.</p>

ShadowMunkie
01-16-2012, 03:45 AM
<p>Create a new toon, level 39 on either side, do warfields. Between warfields do battlegrounds. Do not waste PvP Tokens on PvP Jewelery, the jewelery that you obtain within the Champion's Respite is the same as you will get in open world at this level, so USE battleground tokens!</p><p>Secondaly, you are going to have to grind faction on both toons so once one war field has been completed GO TO the second warfield; remember Flagging starts at :10 after the hour and is up until :35 after the hour, warfield ends at :40 after the hour or when both towers fall for a faction.</p><p>Lastly, since you are new to the server/game be ready to die and when I mean die, I mean you will DIE constantly. As the last poster said, get guildies, run with guildies, stay with guildies, get a good guild and a good group of guildies to be with, especially at that level. Also if you don't have it, GET Age of Discovery and get a Mercenary.</p>

DariusIV
01-16-2012, 06:18 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Create a new toon, level 39 on either side, do warfields. Between warfields do battlegrounds. Do not waste PvP Tokens on PvP Jewelery, the jewelery that you obtain within the Champion's Respite is the same as you will get in open world at this level, so USE battleground tokens!</p><p>Secondaly, you are going to have to grind faction on both toons so once one war field has been completed GO TO the second warfield; remember Flagging starts at :10 after the hour and is up until :35 after the hour, warfield ends at :40 after the hour or when both towers fall for a faction.</p><p>Lastly, since you are new to the server/game be ready to die and when I mean die, I mean you will DIE constantly. As the last poster said, get guildies, run with guildies, stay with guildies, get a good guild and a good group of guildies to be with, especially at that level. Also if you don't have it, GET Age of Discovery and get a Mercenary.</p><p>Thanks for the information.  I suspected that rerolling would be best choice, Although levelling is pretty fast and I could get to 80 and have more then enough plat to buy full set of crafted.</p><p>One other thing that I noticed is that even though all spells at master level, often I get resisted or its pitiful damage (here again against players my level) Is that as a result of lacking PVP  " Potency"  ?? </p></blockquote>

ShadowMunkie
01-16-2012, 11:04 PM
<p><cite>DariusIV wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Create a new toon, level 39 on either side, do warfields. Between warfields do battlegrounds. Do not waste PvP Tokens on PvP Jewelery, the jewelery that you obtain within the Champion's Respite is the same as you will get in open world at this level, so USE battleground tokens!</p><p>Secondaly, you are going to have to grind faction on both toons so once one war field has been completed GO TO the second warfield; remember Flagging starts at :10 after the hour and is up until :35 after the hour, warfield ends at :40 after the hour or when both towers fall for a faction.</p><p>Lastly, since you are new to the server/game be ready to die and when I mean die, I mean you will DIE constantly. As the last poster said, get guildies, run with guildies, stay with guildies, get a good guild and a good group of guildies to be with, especially at that level. Also if you don't have it, GET Age of Discovery and get a Mercenary.</p></blockquote><p>Thanks for the information.  I suspected that rerolling would be best choice, Although levelling is pretty fast and I could get to 80 and have more then enough plat to buy full set of crafted.</p><p>One other thing that I noticed is that even though all spells at master level, often I get resisted or its pitiful damage (here again against players my level) Is that as a result of lacking PVP  " Potency"  ??</p></blockquote><p>Nope, its the lack ability of having a heavy hitting auto attack. Here is a break down of what owns in Lvl 90 PvP.</p><p>Scouts - Massive amounts of <strong>multi attack</strong>.Mages - Chain mez, stun, stifle, daze, root, mana shield. Basically Enchanters and Soercers; haven't seen many Summoners in PvP @ 90.Healers - Inquisitors...don't ask how f'ed up they are.Tanks - Death prevent, death prevent, death prevent, did I meantion death prevent?</p><p>Gear - PvP Armor and DoV EM/HM bonus sets are where its at.</p><p>These are pretty much the basics of EQ2 PvP. Welcome, have fun, and see you on the battlefield.</p>

Applo
01-17-2012, 08:14 PM
<p>Keep in mind that faction gear (bg/pvp) -- is heirloom if it's the same archetype.  So basically if you max out faction while farming a new T4 alt you can buy the gear on him and put it in the shared bank for your main later (you'd have to level it up though).</p><p>Considering how quick it is to max out in T4; I'd just reroll and see if you even enjoy PvP.  It only gets worse at 90 for pvp balance.  And the difference in the playermade PvP gear (no tokens/faction needed) at 90 and the faction/token gear is not a deal breaking difference ... it's a tough decision to make without actually experiencing it.</p><p>Honestly, if I could start all over, I'd lock a T4 on a pvp server and level leisurely in pve on another server.  I'd switch back and forth as the fun ebbs and flows.  And you can always transfer later if you really enjoy one side over the other without losing your progress.</p>