PDA

View Full Version : We should be able to Trade Shards up or down with older ones


Vumra
01-11-2012, 10:40 PM
<p>With  a slight penalty for doing so.. here is what i suggest.</p><p>1 Pure Primal Velium Shard = 3 Primal Velium Shards</p><p>5 Primal Velium Shards = 1 Pure Primal Velium Shard</p><p>10 Seal of Arad = 1 Primal Velium Shard</p><p>10 Mark of Manaar = 1 Seal of Arad</p><p>10 Void Shards = 1 Seal of Ara</p><p>etc..etc..</p><p>This keeps things CURRENT and less junk.</p>

tigressb
01-12-2012, 01:18 PM
<p>I wish they'd standardize the amount of tokens needed to purchase armor with the various tokens.  They reduced the amount needed for void shard armor, removed the primal velium cost for Velious armor below Drunder, yet the armor from Moonfield Hamlet in Stonebrunt is still 50-150 marks per piece.  It was excessive when SF was current, and it's rediciulous now.</p><p>Please either halve the amount needed for the armor purchased from Moonfield Hamlet or allow crafters to make it for a reduced cost.</p><p>Then it would make more sense to do this conversion, which is a great idea imo.</p>

Griffildur
01-12-2012, 01:26 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I wish they'd standardize the amount of tokens needed to purchase armor with the various tokens.  They reduced the amount needed for void shard armor, removed the primal velium cost for Velious armor below Drunder, yet the armor from Moonfield Hamlet in Stonebrunt is still 50-150 marks per piece.  It was excessive when SF was current, and it's rediciulous now.</p><p>Please either halve the amount needed for the armor purchased from Moonfield Hamlet or allow crafters to make it for a reduced cost.</p><p>Then it would make more sense to do this conversion, which is a great idea imo.</p></blockquote><p>Does anyone really buy that equipment anymore ? It's pointless.</p>

Nrgy
01-12-2012, 01:36 PM
<p><cite>Vumra wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>With  a slight penalty for doing so.. here is what i suggest.</p><p>1 Pure Primal Velium Shard = 3 Primal Velium Shards</p><p>5 Primal Velium Shards = 1 Pure Primal Velium Shard</p><p>10 Seal of Arad = 1 Primal Velium Shard</p><p>10 Mark of Manaar = 1 Seal of Arad</p><p>10 Void Shards = 1 Seal of Ara</p><p>etc..etc..</p><p>This keeps things CURRENT and less junk.</p></blockquote><p>So ... HOW many TSO dungeons do I have to run and one-pull, while mentored to level 50, to be able to buy current content War Runes for all my Alts???  My math is a little fuzzy?</p>

urgthock
01-12-2012, 02:41 PM
<p><cite>Nrgy wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Vumra wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>With  a slight penalty for doing so.. here is what i suggest.</p><p>1 Pure Primal Velium Shard = 3 Primal Velium Shards</p><p>5 Primal Velium Shards = 1 Pure Primal Velium Shard</p><p>10 Seal of Arad = 1 Primal Velium Shard</p><p>10 Mark of Manaar = 1 Seal of Arad</p><p>10 Void Shards = 1 Seal of Ara</p><p>etc..etc..</p><p>This keeps things CURRENT and less junk.</p></blockquote><p>So ... HOW many TSO dungeons do I have to run and one-pull, while mentored to level 50, to be able to buy current content War Runes for all my Alts???  My math is a little fuzzy?</p></blockquote><p>About 17,500 <strong>per toon</strong> (all 7 red slots) if you get 3 void shards per zone. Good luck!</p>

Onorem
01-12-2012, 02:51 PM
<p>TSO Void Shards should never be worth anything post-TSO. Soe turning a blind eye to the exploits don't make the spoils of those exploits go away.</p><p>If a zone drops red slot items, it should drop pure primal shards. I'll agree with that and thought they had changed it. If not, they should. Good for you. You bought gear. If you want to adorn it, run a zone that allows you to.</p><p>In any case, those conversion rates are horrible. Time != difficulty, but should count for something. 5 to 1 is far too generous.</p>

Ludivan
01-12-2012, 02:53 PM
<p>You should have to kill x2/x4 mobs to get red slot shards.  They are 2 different systems/tiers.  I don't agree with the suggestion.</p>

Nrgy
01-12-2012, 02:56 PM
<p><cite>urgthock wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Nrgy wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>So ... HOW many TSO dungeons do I have to run and one-pull, while mentored to level 50, to be able to buy current content War Runes for all my Alts???  My math is a little fuzzy?</blockquote><p>About 17,500 <strong>per toon</strong> (all 7 red slots) if you get 3 void shards per zone. Good luck!</p></blockquote><p>So .. about ten days .. ok thats sound cool ..</p>

Vumra
01-13-2012, 09:46 AM
<p>as usual most of you have missed the boat.</p><p> This is just a  SUGGESTION... make your own, tweak it some put it up.  But we do need some method to consolidate the shard issue.  Some raiders can't get the lower end and some people DO NOT RAID, they should be able to have a method (with some penalty) to get things.</p><p>  Speak up make solid suggestions, stop trolling because your emo level is all of 8 years old.</p>

Griffildur
01-13-2012, 09:55 AM
<p><cite>Vumra wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>as usual most of you have missed the boat.</p><p> This is just a  SUGGESTION... make your own, tweak it some put it up.  But we do need some method to consolidate the shard issue.  Some raiders can't get the lower end and some people DO NOT RAID, they should be able to have a method (with some penalty) to get things.</p><p>  Speak up make solid suggestions, stop trolling because your emo level is all of 8 years old.</p></blockquote><p>If certain people don't raid then really, they shouldn't have raid shards. Only raid gear ( x2, x4 ) and the hard mode chest from temple ( good luck getting that ) have red slots.</p><p>I don't like the idea of trading shards up. Just  because you have a milion TSO shards, doesn't mean you should get even 1 Dov shard. </p><p>I don't dispute the current system is a bit crap and the amount of shard types a bit crazy so maybe there could be merchants who give you some stuff based on whatever shards you have. Not trade up and down though. Each shard type is relevant for specific content and that's it really.</p>

akin99
01-13-2012, 10:02 AM
<p>I would love to see a Shard trade system. Remember the more content we open to the most people the best way to retain players.</p>

Ragnaphore
01-13-2012, 10:16 AM
<p><cite>Nrgy wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>urgthock wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Nrgy wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>So ... HOW many TSO dungeons do I have to run and one-pull, while mentored to level 50, to be able to buy current content War Runes for all my Alts???  My math is a little fuzzy?</blockquote><p>About 17,500 <strong>per toon</strong> (all 7 red slots) if you get 3 void shards per zone. Good luck!</p></blockquote><p>So .. about ten days .. ok thats sound cool ..</p></blockquote><p>You're able to farm 1'750 shards a day <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/385970365b8ed7503b4294502a458efa.gif" border="0" /></p>

Lempo
01-13-2012, 12:02 PM
<p><cite>Onorem wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>TSO Void Shards should never be worth anything post-TSO. Soe turning a blind eye to the exploits don't make the spoils of those exploits go away.</p><p>If a zone drops red slot items, it should drop pure primal shards. I'll agree with that and thought they had changed it. If not, they should. Good for you. You bought gear. If you want to adorn it, run a zone that allows you to.</p><p>In any case, those conversion rates are horrible. Time != difficulty, but should count for something. 5 to 1 is far too generous.</p></blockquote><p>I do not think old tier shards/marks whatever should be able to be 'traded up' at any ratio.</p><p>There is a real problem though when the TOFS drops red adorns and the HM raid zones do not drop a primal along with a pure primal shard. This needs to start happening or they need to allow either a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 trade to convert pure primals to primal, there does not need to be and should not be a way to upgrade them because the rate that the players get the pur primal shards for the gear with red slots is no better than what raiders get.  However, if gear is dropping with a yellow and red slot then the mobs that drop that gear need to drop both shards.</p>

urgthock
01-13-2012, 01:11 PM
<p><cite>Ragnaphore wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Nrgy wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>urgthock wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Nrgy wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>So ... HOW many TSO <span style="font-size: large;"><strong>dungeons</strong> </span>do I have to run and one-pull, while mentored to level 50, to be able to buy current content War Runes for all my Alts???  My math is a little fuzzy?</blockquote><p>About 17,500 <strong>per toon</strong> (all 7 red slots) if you get 3 void shards per zone. Good luck!</p></blockquote><p>So .. about ten days .. ok thats sound cool ..</p></blockquote><p>You're able to farm 1'750 shards a day <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/385970365b8ed7503b4294502a458efa.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>No no... that's not 17,500 void shards. That is 17,500 <strong>TSO DUNGEON RUNS</strong>... if you get 3 shards per dungeon. (I don't know what math Nrgy is using to say 10 days... but whatever). You would actually need 52,500 Void Shards to get enough Pure Primal Velium Shards (utilizing the OPs trade in scale) to purchase all currently available Red Slot Adorns (or War Runes assuming you have already looted them).</p><p>You need between 105 and 140 Pure Primal Velium shards to purchase red slot adorns for all currently available slots (sorry I said 7 earlier its 14 actually if you include hard mode waist and cloak). Using 105 as the needed number, at a 5 to 1 trade in, you need 525 Primal Velium Shards. At a 10 to 1 trade in you need 5250 Seals of Arad. At a 10 to 1 trade in you need 52500 Void shards. As I said before, good luck. No one would be "exploiting" this by running TSO dungeons (17,500 dungeon runs needed) nor would they be "exploiting" this by running SF dungeons (1,750 dungeon runs needed). It would be a way for a some people to convert a couple hundred SF or TSO currency items to a few dozen (at most) Velium shards.</p><p>I personally would agree that the should <strong>NOT </strong>include raid shards in a trade in scheme, only heroic shards. But even if they did, the originally suggested trade in scheme would not feasibly allow someone to run TSO dungeons to fully raid adorn even one toon, let alone numerous alts.</p><p>My personal suggestion would be:</p><p>10 Void shards = 1 Mark of Manaar</p><p>10 Marks of Manaar = 1 Primal Velium Shard</p><p>Even if someone had 1000 Marks of Manaar this would translate to what... 20 DOV yellow adorns? Not that big a deal IMO.</p>

Kizee
01-13-2012, 01:18 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Onorem wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>TSO Void Shards should never be worth anything post-TSO. Soe turning a blind eye to the exploits don't make the spoils of those exploits go away.</p><p>If a zone drops red slot items, it should drop pure primal shards. I'll agree with that and thought they had changed it. If not, they should. Good for you. You bought gear. If you want to adorn it, run a zone that allows you to.</p><p>In any case, those conversion rates are horrible. Time != difficulty, but should count for something. 5 to 1 is far too generous.</p></blockquote><p>I do not think old tier shards/marks whatever should be able to be 'traded up' at any ratio.</p><p>There is a real problem though when the TOFS drops red adorns and the HM raid zones do not drop a primal along with a pure primal shard. This needs to start happening or they need to allow either a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 trade to convert pure primals to primal, there does not need to be and should not be a way to upgrade them because the rate that the players get the pur primal shards for the gear with red slots is no better than what raiders get.  <span style="color: #ffff00;"><strong>However, if gear is dropping with a yellow and red slot then the mobs that drop that gear need to drop both shards.</strong></span></p></blockquote><p>+1 to that.</p>

Nrgy
01-13-2012, 02:03 PM
<p><cite>urgthock wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Ragnaphore wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Nrgy wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>urgthock wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Nrgy wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>So ... HOW many TSO <span style="font-size: large;"><strong>dungeons</strong> </span>do I have to run and one-pull, while mentored to level 50, to be able to buy current content War Runes for all my Alts???  My math is a little fuzzy?</blockquote><p>About 17,500 <strong>per toon</strong> (all 7 red slots) if you get 3 void shards per zone. Good luck!</p></blockquote><p>So .. about ten days .. ok thats sound cool ..</p></blockquote><p>You're able to farm 1'750 shards a day <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/385970365b8ed7503b4294502a458efa.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>No no... that's not 17,500 void shards. That is 17,500 <strong>TSO DUNGEON RUNS</strong>... if you get 3 shards per dungeon. (I don't know what math Nrgy is using to say 10 days... but whatever). You would actually need 52,500 Void Shards to get enough Pure Primal Velium Shards (utilizing the OPs trade in scale) to purchase all currently available Red Slot Adorns (or War Runes assuming you have already looted them).</p><p>You need between 105 and 140 Pure Primal Velium shards to purchase red slot adorns for all currently available slots (sorry I said 7 earlier its 14 actually if you include hard mode waist and cloak). Using 105 as the needed number, at a 5 to 1 trade in, you need 525 Primal Velium Shards. At a 10 to 1 trade in you need 5250 Seals of Arad. At a 10 to 1 trade in you need 52500 Void shards. As I said before, good luck. No one would be "exploiting" this by running TSO dungeons (17,500 dungeon runs needed) nor would they be "exploiting" this by running SF dungeons (1,750 dungeon runs needed). It would be a way for a some people to convert a couple hundred SF or TSO currency items to a few dozen (at most) Velium shards.</p><p>I personally would agree that the should <strong>NOT </strong>include raid shards in a trade in scheme, only heroic shards. But even if they did, the originally suggested trade in scheme would not feasibly allow someone to run TSO dungeons to fully raid adorn even one toon, let alone numerous alts.</p><p>My personal suggestion would be:</p><p>10 Void shards = 1 Mark of Manaar</p><p>10 Marks of Manaar = 1 Primal Velium Shard</p><p>Even if someone had 1000 Marks of Manaar this would translate to what... 20 DOV yellow adorns? Not that big a deal IMO.</p></blockquote><p>In total ... it is an ABSURD idea ...</p><p>There should not be any mechanic in place to use content that is outdated by several years and extremely trivial to attain current content that is not trivial in anyway and not even available to 100% of the level capped players.  The point is not my obvious lack of math skills, but the obvious fallacy of being able to attain level cap raid access items through the blatant abuse of the mentoring system.  How <span style="text-decoration: underline;">many</span> TSO zones someone would have to <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">exploit</span> challenge themselves with in order to reward themselves with DOV raid items is irrelevant, becasue even one it too many.  It is bad enough that this is already happening in the form of Plat farming.  Why extend it further.</p><p>Additionally, why bother even suggesting wasting the Dev's time to create a system which .001% of the populations would even use?  Seriously, 17,000 runs, more than 1,000 days, for a couple of gems that someone can get in a couple of PUR's in ToFS x2 or AE'ing DOV heroic zones in less than 20 minutes, which continues to get even easier on a daily basis</p>