PDA

View Full Version : CAN WE PLEASE GET A /STUCK OR /SUICIDE FEATURE???


Pixiewrath
01-11-2012, 09:24 PM
<p>I just ran a player dungeon... got stuck in furnitures that popped up when I was at the end. One hour wasted in vain.Cannot warp to entrance or suicide in any way. Only way to leave is by using /house to leave, and that forfeits all the tokens.Can we get a suicide feature, please? Not only but in the normal game it would be handy to have.</p>

CatamanderEQ2
01-11-2012, 09:57 PM
<p>Another excellent example and reaspon why requiring the use of the red exit portal to get your tokens and XP is a terrible mechanic.  We have been discussing this nearly since day 1 of AoD and the need to let us use any kind of exit mechanism and get our pro-rated reward.  </p><p>At bare minimum it would be nice if Rothgar or another dev would pop in and assure us that they will be removing the requirment to use the red portal sometime "soon" (tm).</p>

Pixiewrath
01-12-2012, 12:53 AM
<p>I don't think you should be able to vote if you don't use the red portals, but you should get the tokens, yes.</p>

Lodrelhai
01-12-2012, 03:20 AM
<p>Actually, I think the OP shows an excellent reason why being able to vote shouldn't be tied to the red portal any more than getting the reward.  A dungeon where you get stuck should have a low rating, so others won't get caught in the same trap and the maker realizes something is wrong.</p>

Pixiewrath
01-12-2012, 10:00 AM
<p>It wasn't a trap.Was test-running my own dungeon to see how high amount of tokens I got when I finished it after some rebalancing from me and some patches from SoE. In one place, the room is barricaded with book-cases you have to walk around, but the furniture hadn't loaded yet because of lag.I died at the end, and had to rerun from start, so I ran much faster through the room than intended too when mobs are there, and when I ran there, the game loaded the furniture as I was inside it and I got stuck.It's a shame objects kind of pop into view all the time in all rooms, instead of loading once you zone in, or in the room ahead of you. Ruins the experience a bit when you see things popping up, visually.No idea it happened physically as well until now.It all ended well though. Got someone to team with me so I could camp and still be in my dungeon. Got moved to the start when I did so.</p>

Crombie
01-12-2012, 12:36 PM
<p><cite>Lodrelhai wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Actually, I think the OP shows an excellent reason why being able to vote shouldn't be tied to the red portal any more than getting the reward.  A dungeon where you get stuck should have a low rating, so others won't get caught in the same trap and the maker realizes something is wrong.</p></blockquote><p>This isn't always the case.  Both of my dungeons in the Hall of Fame are HIGHLY decorated to the point you don't realize what zone you're in.  IF for some reason the player dies far inside the dungeon, when the player is sent back to the start  the game's object rendering system takes a long time to fully render items, and thusly they get stuck. </p><p>For instance, my first room on my first dungeon has players start out in a jail cell and require them to go through a secret passage and climb up up into the attic and then back down.  When they respawn there, all you see for a second is the basic Crushbone layout - followed by random bits of furniture rendering.  IF the player moves through the empty space before something renders - and suddenly the objects render on top of them (a wall/chair/whatever) they become stuck and the only way to free themselves is die or exit the dungeon.</p><p>I agree with the OP that this needs to be addressed.  In order to fully experience player made dungeons with the current rendering mechanics and collision of furniture, we need to have a way to 'escape', which could include a 10 second wait/evac to the Zone in portal - possibly in non-combat situation and can not be interupted.</p><p>-edited for clarification</p>

msgnomer
01-12-2012, 12:48 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I agree with the OP that this needs to be addressed.  In order to fully experience player made dungeons with the current rendering mechanics and collision of furniture, we need to have a way to 'escape', which could include a 10 second wait/evac to the Zone in portal - possibly in non-combat situation and can not be interupted.</p></blockquote><p>I wouldn't even mind waiting to enter the world until the zone has loaded, in fact I'd prefer it.  I haven't gotten stuck, but it really detracts from the ambience of a highly decorated dungeon, to see its skeleton and then watch the items get added to it.</p>

Pixiewrath
01-12-2012, 03:44 PM
<p><cite>msgnomer wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I agree with the OP that this needs to be addressed.  In order to fully experience player made dungeons with the current rendering mechanics and collision of furniture, we need to have a way to 'escape', which could include a 10 second wait/evac to the Zone in portal - possibly in non-combat situation and can not be interupted.</p></blockquote><p>I wouldn't even mind waiting to enter the world until the zone has loaded, in fact I'd prefer it.  I haven't gotten stuck, but it really detracts from the ambience of a highly decorated dungeon, to see its skeleton and then watch the items get added to it.</p></blockquote><p>Agreed. I also hate seeing stuff popping in front of me all the time.The devs don't let it happen in normal zones so it's bugging me player made dungeons are like that. I can't even remember stuff popping in player made houses that much?</p>

Crombie
01-12-2012, 04:12 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] Bazaar wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>msgnomer wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I agree with the OP that this needs to be addressed.  In order to fully experience player made dungeons with the current rendering mechanics and collision of furniture, we need to have a way to 'escape', which could include a 10 second wait/evac to the Zone in portal - possibly in non-combat situation and can not be interupted.</p></blockquote><p>I wouldn't even mind waiting to enter the world until the zone has loaded, in fact I'd prefer it.  I haven't gotten stuck, but it really detracts from the ambience of a highly decorated dungeon, to see its skeleton and then watch the items get added to it.</p></blockquote><p>Agreed. I also hate seeing stuff popping in front of me all the time.The devs don't let it happen in normal zones so it's bugging me player made dungeons are like that. I can't even remember stuff popping in player made houses that much?</p></blockquote><p>One of the main reasons for this happening is that each room in a player dungeon is basiclly a capsule where each itemhas a specific location/size/rotation.  When your comp renders the room its in, it will visually render some items in the next.  This can also be adjusted by your Render setting under advanced display options.  When you hit the edge of the rooms/capsule and have your camera angle into the room in front of you, the objects behind you start to unrender (encountered several issues with this when items from the previous room are half way into the next, they would vanish when on the edge between rooms)</p><p>This issue has been around for ages.  Smaller guild halls have the same problems, where if your player runs really fast, you can run past the furniture rendering behind you.  This also can get you stuck if furniture.</p><p>Actual dungeons dont usually have this issue since zone art is static and won't change.  Our player dungeons are giant jigsaws of furniture while actual dungeons are a solid 'brick' of art</p>

Lodrelhai
01-12-2012, 07:55 PM
<p>I misunderstood the issue, sorry.  Rendering issue definitely needs to be looked into.  A /stuck command would probably be a faster, and more useful, fix in the interm though.</p>

Gladiolus
01-12-2012, 10:04 PM
<p>The voting is now meaningless anyway so just put in a command so people can leave and get the tokens they've earned to that point.</p>

Pixiewrath
01-12-2012, 11:34 PM
<p><cite>Gladiolus wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>The voting is now meaningless anyway so just put in a command so people can leave and get the tokens they've earned to that point.</p></blockquote><p>It's not pointless, but worse than it was before. The good thing however is that we don't get grief ratings anymore.And yes, tokens should be gotten by leaving from entry portal. But voting should only be done at end portal, or else people might get friends to just enter the dungeon, leave and vote like to amass likes.</p>

Vollux
01-14-2012, 11:38 PM
<p>I don't know if this has been reported before but apparently you can load into a dungeon maker dungeon without completely downloading all the art for the zone which makes it impossible to zone out since the exit and entrance art isn't actually available for use. </p>

Pixiewrath
01-15-2012, 01:20 PM
<p>Probably because particle effects or similiar are off or in bad quality?Wish there was a physical form of entrance/exit as well instead of the 2D objects we have now. Portals don't work good for everyone.</p>