PDA

View Full Version : most non economical launch pad to date

paulrichie
01-11-2012, 09:07 AM
<p>If you look at the patch notes for 10th Jan then you should think it should be a small game update.</p><p>Yet my patcher is currently trying to download 1Gb of data....  this is the 3rd time since gu62 that is downloaded ~1Gb of data.</p><p>Bug or working as intended?</p><p>(btw: Not spoken to any other guildies today but on previous occasions I know i've not been the only one to have this problem)</p>

Daedalus Raistlin
01-11-2012, 09:21 AM
<p>Actually, it's simply a bit misleading.</p><p>My internet connection isn't all that fast, so I know I'm not downloading 1Gb of data in a minute or so (that's more like an hour or two for me.) Yet even though my PC has been off for a few days, so it hadn't had a chance to background-download anything, it also told me it's patching 958Mb or of stuff.</p><p>I think the new patches is misleading because it's telling you the size of the files it's patching, not the amount it's downloading - the patch we speak of took about 2 minutes to download at 400Kb/s...a tiny fraction of the time 1Gb would take at that speed.</p>

Elomort
01-11-2012, 09:27 AM
<p><cite>paulrichie wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>If you look at the patch notes for 10th Jan then you should think it should be a small game update.</p></blockquote><p>The addition of new mercs including all the Ai driving them, fixes to zone files not listed, places like Wailing Caves, Varsoon, Tutorial Island (!!!) Soulsek Eye, Shard of Love, Runnyeye, Rivervale, Windstalker Village, Qeynos and so on? Changes to recipes and new recipes for tradeskillers? New sounds, new animations and new items for the wings and the red marble blocks they snuck in.</p><p>Watch the list of files next time and you will see that SOE don't actually detail every fix they make.</p>

paulrichie
01-11-2012, 09:33 AM
<p>Well it's been patching for over 4 hours here.</p><p>My concern is that it's replacing 143+ pak files, where as on other updates it's just downloaded deltas and patched files.</p>

Gaarysal
01-12-2012, 04:11 AM
<p><cite>paulrichie wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>If you look at the patch notes for 10th Jan then you should think it should be a small game update.</p><p>Yet my patcher is currently trying to download 1Gb of data....  this is the 3rd time since gu62 that is downloaded ~1Gb of data.</p><p>Bug or working as intended?</p><p>(btw: Not spoken to any other guildies today but on previous occasions I know i've not been the only one to have this problem)</p></blockquote><p>To make the launchpad download updates faster it tells you a larger filesize so that when you see 1gb dl in 10s we think they actually made it faster!!! In seriousness though I think someone over there got confused on how many kilobytes make up a megabyte. Or since they are delta updates it is showing the full gu filesize and picking through it. Either way it appears to be a visual bug.</p>