PDA

View Full Version : A Mystery

Orlac
01-10-2012, 11:52 PM
<p>My account was hacked a while back without my knowledge. So when I came back, of course all my stuff was gone. The odd part is there is now a level 81 bruiser (no tradeskill) I never made. He has onyl done 29 quests, most repeatable. His bags are full of amber and titanium ore.</p><p>My question is how do you get to level 81 with only 29 quests, and why all the amber and ore, they dont seem that valuable?</p>

CorpseGoddess
01-10-2012, 11:53 PM
<p>Probably just PL'd or grinded.</p><p>And it sounds like he was a rare bot, harvesting just those nodes for the rares.</p>

Vinyard
01-10-2012, 11:54 PM
<p>when you kill mobs, they give you exp.</p>

Orlac
01-11-2012, 12:05 AM
<p>Unreal. Just marching around killing npcs and harvesting.....</p><p>Any npcs buy amber or titanium ore?</p>

Vinyard
01-11-2012, 12:08 AM
<p>Nope, but those are the commons for brellium, ulteran diamonds, and kaborite.</p><p>Check to see if you have anything on the broker, and see what your total sales are</p>

Orlac
01-11-2012, 12:15 AM
<p>49 plat total, been too long to see what sold. Oh well, stuck with a level 81 too I guess.</p>

Orlac
01-11-2012, 01:03 PM
<p>Wish Eq2 had a system like EVE where you can legally sell characters. </p>

Nrgy
01-11-2012, 01:04 PM
<p><cite>Orlac wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>49 plat total, been too long to see what sold. Oh well, stuck with a level 81 too I guess.</p></blockquote><p>AFAIK, all the broker logs were cleared during the last massive server merge.  Otherwise, consider yourself lucky to have been given a free level 81 Bruiser.  We can all learn a leason from this, which is, what toons to use when PL'ing and Farming for Plats.  Thanks for the post, this should help some of the new folks.</p><p>BTW, I have recently set a small goal for myself to get 90/300 with less than 20 quests completed.  I usually end up around 35 becasue I can't resist the L&L's along the way.  Quests are for solo players and Lore buffs, they shouldn't be used to level (PL).</p>

Rijacki
01-11-2012, 01:10 PM
<p><cite>Orlac wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Wish Eq2 had a system like EVE where you can legally sell characters. </p></blockquote><p>There used to be 2 servers where that was possible, but they had the lowest populations. The 'legal' player to player sales were terminated and the servers were merged with Nagafen and Freeport.</p>

Nrgy
01-11-2012, 03:51 PM
<p><cite>Orlac wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Wish Eq2 had a system like EVE where you can legally sell characters. </p></blockquote><p>So .. were you looking to buy new toons (that you don't know how to play) or sell toons (that mysteriously showed up on your accounts, by hackers I'm sure)?</p><p>If you sold that 81 bruiser, which has no skills from being powerleveled, how much do you think you should get for it?  Enough to pay for a months worth of Sub time?  I know people can quite easily level 5 or 6 toons to level 81 in less than a cummulitve month.  Even if it were a weeks time to level 81, which is far to generous, that would mean that one powerleveler could roll 30+ toons for sale each month.  Yeah, that does sound good *eyeroll*</p>

Orlac
01-11-2012, 04:44 PM
<p><cite>Nrgy wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Orlac wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Wish Eq2 had a system like EVE where you can legally sell characters. </p></blockquote><p>So .. were you looking to buy new toons (that you don't know how to play) or sell toons (that mysteriously showed up on your accounts, by hackers I'm sure)?</p><p>If you sold that 81 bruiser, which has no skills from being powerleveled, how much do you think you should get for it?  Enough to pay for a months worth of Sub time?  I know people can quite easily level 5 or 6 toons to level 81 in less than a cummulitve month.  Even if it were a weeks time to level 81, which is far to generous, that would mean that one powerleveler could roll 30+ toons for sale each month.  Yeah, that does sound good *eyeroll*</p></blockquote><p>That's some convoluted stuff bub. I was merely unaware toons could be leveled so quickly with no quests. (You seem to know a lot!) But at least you have helped me remember why I left EQ2 way back. </p>

Nrgy
01-11-2012, 06:10 PM
<p><cite>Orlac wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Nrgy wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Orlac wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Wish Eq2 had a system like EVE where you can legally sell characters. </p></blockquote><p>So .. were you looking to buy new toons (that you don't know how to play) or sell toons (that mysteriously showed up on your accounts, by hackers I'm sure)?</p><p>If you sold that 81 bruiser, which has no skills from being powerleveled, how much do you think you should get for it?  Enough to pay for a months worth of Sub time?  I know people can quite easily level 5 or 6 toons to level 81 in less than a cummulitve month.  Even if it were a weeks time to level 81, which is far to generous, that would mean that one powerleveler could roll 30+ toons for sale each month.  Yeah, that does sound good *eyeroll*</p></blockquote><p>That's some convoluted stuff bub. I was merely unaware toons could be leveled so quickly with no quests. (You seem to know a lot!) But at least you have helped me remember why I left EQ2 way back. </p></blockquote><p>You have more reason than me or the knowledge I must be hording.</p>