PDA

View Full Version : Courtyard Theme for Tier 1 Qeynos Guildhall?

PsiaMeese
01-09-2012, 07:51 PM
<p>I'm looking for some solid examples for making a courtyard in the frontmost room of the Qeynos, Tier 1, guild hall? Just seeking some inspiration. Any suggestions?</p><p>As it stands, I'm sure I want to start with the cloudy squares at the chandlier level. As if that were the sun.</p>

Dawnstrike
01-09-2012, 09:23 PM
<p>Yeah you should definately use the cloudy squares. You could make them look like a big window or you could do the lower half of the wall in the plain fulginate dividers or hedge seeds and the top half in the cloudy squares to make it be a more like a courtyard space. </p><p>Here is how I created the illusion of windows recently:</p><p><a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=512671" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=512671</a></p>

PsiaMeese
01-11-2012, 07:57 PM
<p>Thanks for the link.</p><p>At the moment, we have 9 cloudy Squares to establish the skyline level with the lamp as sun. We want a traditional, castle wall courtyard with battlements. We are looking at completely covering the walls with Plain Fulginate Dividers. Rather than tiles to avoid increased item count. Two along each wall, properly scaled to match. Though as scaled, the dividers would need be raised to reach the cloudy tiles. And we will need to place the back of a Riverrock Hearth above the doors to complete a seamless wall. I'm wondering about using stone blocks as the walls foundation and more blocks staggered along the top of the dividers to create a battlement.</p>

Aerfen
01-12-2012, 12:27 AM
<p>I did a similar thing, building the facade of Felwithe and using the hedge seeds and cloudy tiles, that might give you some ideas:</p><p><a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=502189">http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=502189</a></p><p>Hope that helps!  Can't wait to see what you come up with!!</p>

PsiaMeese
01-20-2012, 06:05 AM
<p>Does anyone know if that is a known bug regarding the floorplan for the Qeynos Tier 1 guild hall? I ask as I'm witnesses some strange behavior. Its a guildhall in New Halas, but I wouldn't think the city matters since all good cities use the identical Qeynos floorplan, right?</p><p>As of this posting, we have only 125 items placed in the guild hall.</p><p>We were already working around the fact that the frontmost room - by the entrance - does overlap the downstairs, frontmost room. What I wanted to do was place a pillar to either side of the three doorways. With the base recessed into the floor. I managed to place them as I wanted. However, one pillar base appeared downstairs. Something we could live with and cover up later. So that had been the case all week.</p><p>Tonight, we had almost finished decorating the frontmost room as our Courtyard. However, now objects have taken to vanishing aka no longer rendering. Just in this room. For example, those pillars I described above have vanished. I noted, however, that our pillar which always stuck into downstairs continues to be seen there as expected. Yet the top 90% of this pillar is not rendering. This is the case no matter who looks. To experiment I dragged the pillar down. I went back upstairs and set the pillar in the middle of the room. Then reloaded the layout. The same bugged state of the object was restored. No pillar in the room - with the base seen downstairs.</p><p>I think the floorplay is bugged badly to generate these events. Any opinions or suggestions would be most appreciated.</p>

Banedon_Toran
01-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Generally speaking, even with the changes made recently, sinking items into the floor is a non-starter. In this situation I would use the layout editor to flip the pillars upside down so that the pivot-point (the one point that stays in the same place when you rotate/resize the item) is above ground level and the opposite end (now the "bottom") goes below ground level without issue. I've done the same with some pillars in Element's Guild Hall (crafting room area) turning them into pedestals for statues and disguising some of the built-in lighting that I didn't want. Let me know in-game if you need a second opinion.

Arbreth
01-20-2012, 11:22 AM
<p>Psia,</p><p>Are you using the new in game sink feature?  That one can be very buggy, especially if there is open space underneath.  The Gorowyn houses are particularly bad for this.</p><p>ps: welcome home!</p>

Laynisa
01-20-2012, 05:47 PM
<p>Kazarei did a very nice courtyard/stable for the cladire mortii, its evil side though, but the idea he had for the sky tiles was one of genius. He put them in a sumac mirror, and it gives the illusion of looking up into a rounded tower area. its awesome.</p>