PDA

View Full Version : Vitality loss out of control still

notimp
01-09-2012, 02:45 AM
<p>I took a 33 inquisitor with 200% vitality, 40% vet bonus, just turned level 33 into a duo player dungeon with another person, killed the mobs in there, got 55 tokens, 20908 exp, converted 45% to aa and left with 0 vitality.  I could kill mobs outside dungeon make and easily have gotten 2-3 levels instead of less than 50% of a level from the dungeon.</p>

apwyork
01-09-2012, 01:21 PM
<p>Think its draining all the vitality when you exit the dungeon maker.  I brought a zerker in at 37, 100% vit and did a little dungeon for around 50 marks and when I got out, no vitality remaining.</p>

Proopai
01-09-2012, 02:18 PM
<p>I never noticed that for my runs is this a new bug?</p>

notimp
01-09-2012, 06:15 PM
<p>I think yes, since I never used up 100% vitality in a little 50 token dungeon before.  I mean, it always seemed to drain vitality faster than normal mob killing, but not anywhere near this much</p>

apwyork
01-15-2012, 05:40 AM
<p>It still drains all the vitality from characters when they leave.  Took a 54 sin alt with 100% vitality into a little one, got 20k exp for them and that used up all the vitality.  There's no way this can be considered "normal" vitality loss.  At 43k exp for a level, 100% vitality is more than enough to level up yet doing one dungeon maker run and getting less than 50% of a level drained the vitality completely.</p><p>It would be nice if the devs looked into this and responded instead of the old post "we're looking into it" from last month and was never followed up on.</p>

thewarriorpoet
01-16-2012, 01:34 PM
<p>I just leveled my pally from 53 to 55 over the weekend and it took ALL my vit with 40% vet and a 110% pot. I don't remember vit last too short a time before.</p><p>The conspiracist in me has to wonder if this was done on purpose to try and get more vit pot sales.</p>

Hogatha
01-17-2012, 09:33 AM
<p><cite>thewarriorpoet wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I just leveled my pally from 53 to 55 over the weekend and it took ALL my vit with 40% vet and a 110% pot. I don't remember vit last too short a time before.</p><p>The conspiracist in me has to wonder if this was done on purpose to try and get more vit pot sales.</p></blockquote><p>My 59 paladin had run out of vitality and I decided to buy a vitality potion from SC, used it and ran the dungeon, gained one level and vitality was all gone.  Should have had at least another level, if not more, vitality remaining.  Waste of a potion.  Also, on my 89 coercer, had run out of vitality and used the 5 yr veteran vitality refill and ran the dungeon.  Before dungeon I had vitality all through 89 to 90, but now it's down by 15%.  Ugh</p>

Cutharie
01-18-2012, 12:21 AM
<p>I tested this out this evening. Took a lvl 22 pally with 100% vit into a little 54 mark dungeon. While I was in there, the clock ticked over the hour and I saw .5% vit on the imaginary lvl 50 adv bar. When I exited the dungeon -- yep, I had .5% vit.</p><p>There's some kind of bug with the adv xp bar changing over.</p>

dankaro
01-19-2012, 05:05 PM
<p>It seems to me it is awarding xp per kill appropriately according to base plus bonuses but when you are awarded the xp it takes vitality = to all xp earned as base. My xp varied as I ran out of vitality started a new run with ,5 vitality one kill full xp one kill partial boost rest of dungeon no vitality bonus per kill but I assume that 92% of my vitality at lvl 31 would be the 17k total xp i was awarded and not the part of that that was base xp at 240% bonuses due to vetran and vitality.</p>

dankaro
01-19-2012, 05:10 PM
<p>This was reported to Sony as an issue 11 days ago and so far ignored and even a promotion featuring player dungeons launched with the thing broken? ABSURD ABSOLUTELY ABSURD!!!!!</p>

dankaro
01-21-2012, 04:57 PM
<p>Also noted kills made in a dungeon use up vitality and if for whatever reason you leave by any means besides the exit portal you receive no xp but the vitality is still used. The entire system of rewarding xp and loss of vitality is messed up if you are going to take my vitality for kills even if I don't complete the dungeon or go LD then award the xp no matter how the dungeon is left and do so without counting my bonuses against vitality the way the game mechanic is designed.</p>

Gravy
01-22-2012, 01:31 AM
<p>Bug been around for a while. <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=511832#5685560" target="_blank">At least over a month</a>.</p><p><cite>sector wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Its being "looked at":</p><p>GM Trogkeeper here responding to your petition about vitality being burnt through in player made dungeons. I tried this myself in a number of player made dungeons and can confirm that character vitality does get eaten up while in them. As to the rate at which it is being eaten up, I don't know whether it is working as intended or not. I will alert the Development Team about this and they will take a look at it. If it is determined that it is not working correctly they will work on a fix which you will be able to see on the Update Notes.</p></blockquote><p>But hey, the boss is on vacation and we have wings. So everything must be ok.</p>