PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: The "New" EQII Launcher

Deneir_Allaston
01-05-2012, 05:20 PM
<p>Can we please get a tick on/off option added somewhere in the new EQII Launcher (LaunchPad 4) that makes the patcher close when we click PLAY? Just add a little checkbox that says "Close Patcher on Play" under the PLAY button or somewhere under "Advanced Tools"... its pretty obnoxious this is seemingly not an option by default.</p><p>Having the patcher running in the background is a waste of system resources and having to TAB out after launching the game just to close it or having to quickly click close on the patcher before the game launches is just plain annoying.</p>

Banditman
01-05-2012, 05:47 PM
<p>Just create a second shortcut to Everquest2.exe.  Only run the launcher when you absolutely must, ie whenever there is an update.</p>

Wurm
01-05-2012, 06:26 PM
<p>I want the log to toon feature back.</p>

Zorastiz
01-05-2012, 06:48 PM
<p><cite>Deneir_Allaston wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Can we please get a tick on/off option added somewhere in the new EQII Launcher (LaunchPad 4) that makes the patcher close when we click PLAY? Just add a little checkbox that says "Close Patcher on Play" under the PLAY button or somewhere under "Advanced Tools"... its pretty obnoxious this is seemingly not an option by default.</p><p>Having the patcher running in the background is a waste of system resources and having to TAB out after launching the game just to close it or having to quickly click close on the patcher before the game launches is just plain annoying.</p></blockquote><p>Play in wondowed mode, I launch the game, click over to the launcher on my task bar and close it.</p><p>How hard is that?</p>

Nrgy
01-05-2012, 06:51 PM
<p>The thing auto closes by itself too much now as it is.  Its a Major pita when you are boxing.  Not to mention I like having still up whenever I get booted to desktop, which seems to be more often these days for whatever reason.</p>

Nivek
01-05-2012, 06:54 PM
<p><cite>Wurm wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I want the log to toon feature back.</p></blockquote><p>I agree, and hope they add this feature to the new launcher. </p>

Anastasie
01-05-2012, 06:56 PM
<p>Avoiding the in-game browser helps cut down on the crashing.  That thing sends me to desktop almost anytime I try to use it. It used to work fine - but has been broken for a long time now.</p><p>I agree, I would prefer if there was an option to select to auto-close the launcher as well as a character list so I don't have to go to character select every time I log in.</p>

DrkVsr
01-06-2012, 01:47 AM
<p><span style="font-size: medium; color: #993300; font-family: comic sans ms,sans-serif;">Being able to see how long the patch is going to take again would be nice, as well as being able to log straight into a character (specially useful if the game has crashed for whatever reason and you want to make sure that character didn't end up dead)</span></p>

Brigh
01-06-2012, 03:17 AM
The only problem I have with it is I have to click my acct name then click play to get the login screen many times since I get the error in pw/username when the launcher is still up and I need to login again. I don't have remember me checked yet it forces me to see ERROR, click my username, then try to login again.