PDA

View Full Version : Trolling, guild spamming, and discussion


Fyrstar2004
01-05-2012, 12:23 PM
<p>I recently received a warning on my account for "Zone Disruption and Spamming" while in 1-9 chat.  The warning was rude, obtuse, and when I asked for further details, the answer was for the GM to close my ticket and label it SOLVED.</p><p>I'm in Crushbone, and admitted to trolling sometimes in chat.  I said I'd stop.  But when I mentioned the following, there were no forthcoming details.</p><p>-What constitutes Zone Disruption? I understand there are links to describe it, but I see people cursing, calling people names, and being extremely rude.  None of which I did, btw.  I just was complaining about the person doing......</p><p>-Constant guild recruitments.  I have seen the same person (on Crushbone) spamming NONSTOP, every 5 minutes for the last 5 months, two paragraphs of guild recruitment messages that are roleplaying attempts (I'm sure), but end up coming out as if they were random words drawn from a dictionary or thesaurus.  If you complain, he tells you to put him on /ignore and then spams AGAIN instantly.  He claims to be a GM, and that we are powerless to stop him.  I spammed my guild four times and I get a warning INSTANTLY in my email from a "GM" warning me that my account is now flagged for spamming.  Can anyone say GM harassment?  He also makes random alts to spam those who have ignored him, and has bragged that he is doing so.   My ignore list grows daily by 4-5 names tied only to those spams.  He also bragged that you can only ignore 100 names, so once you surpass that limit you are fubared.</p><p>-Threatening account action.   If I'm ingame, send me a tell to discuss what I'm doing wrong.  Furthers my belief that the person that flagged me was the person that is sending the constant guild recruitments, because he COULDN'T send a tell from that account because I'd take a screenshot, sending it up the chain to prove.....</p><p>-GM abuse.  See above.  The only way that person could do those things AND get away with it is if he were a GM.</p><p>Now, for the most part, I stay out of 1-9 chat.  I have NO doubt that I'll be flagged AGAIN for daring to post this, since one of his coworkers will probably nudge him and point out the post, they'll have a good giggle, then instantly warn me again, maybe even ban me.</p><p>FIX THIS!  Either you equally discipline customers or you don't.  The canned response of "We understand you don't like spam, neither do we.  We'll look into it, but won't tell you what we're doing because of privacy" thing evaporated the second I left high school 22 years ago.  Even the newspapers tells you the outcome of a trial. </p>

Tayne
01-05-2012, 12:34 PM
<p>I wish they'd come to Freeport. <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Brigh
01-05-2012, 12:51 PM
<p>When you say email, you mean your personal account-connected email correct?  I know people let Mr. "Skyrodent" (hey mod, I named it that to obscure the name. That is NOT their name <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/2786c5c8e1a8be796fb2f726cca5a0fe.gif" border="0" />) in on the names of their alts by not keeping their mouth shut about it in chat. Just use ignore without ever saying a thing.  EQ2Players function still isn't working so unless he got the info about people's alts (that didn't set their privacy to hide them; BAD SoE for setting the default to show all) before the change, the only other non-GM way would just to be to pay attention to people talking. I haven't seen him say publicly in chat channels that he is a GM.</p>

SOE-MOD-02
01-05-2012, 01:08 PM
<p>The GM's are better equipped to answer these questions.  I would suggest starting a new ticket and request it be handed up to someone that may be able to answer these questions.  </p>

Elomort
01-05-2012, 01:17 PM
<p><cite>Fyrstar2004 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>He claims to be a GM, and that we are powerless to stop him.</p></blockquote><p>*cough*bullcrud*cough*</p><p>Calling yourself a GM when you are not is a sure way to find yourself on the end of a discussion with a real one. Get someone on the server to lodge a simple, clean, polite ticket on that alone. Do a /report "playername" at the same time so the chat logs are captured.</p>

Elomort
01-05-2012, 01:18 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I wish they'd come to Freeport. <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>Why would you want a spammer to come to our server? Gah, leave them there. We have enough.</p>

Amekoi
01-05-2012, 01:38 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I wish they'd come to Freeport. <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>We already have similar in Freeport. "Begging, crying, and cursing will be tolerated to a minimum" usually takes up my entire chat window when it pops through. I don't think we need more.</p>

Zorastiz
01-05-2012, 02:17 PM
<p style="text-align: right;">1 to 9 on AB is the same (edited), for that matter so is 80_89, I add people to my ignore list everyday. Can't leave chat on most nights, too much stupidity in the channels.</p>

Tayne
01-05-2012, 02:29 PM
<p><cite>Elomort wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I wish they'd come to Freeport. <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>Why would you want a spammer to come to our server? Gah, leave them there. We have enough.</p></blockquote><p>Apparently I didn't have enough coffee when I read this post. I was referring to having a real GM sit on Freeport and use the ban wand on a couple of miscreants.</p><p>Edited to add: Actually it's improved a bit since the merger .. finally. Still have the misogynists around, but nowhere near as bad as it was.</p>

Fyrstar2004
01-05-2012, 02:34 PM
<p><cite>SOE-MOD-02 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>The GM's are better equipped to answer these questions.  I would suggest starting a new ticket and request it be handed up to someone that may be able to answer these questions.  </p></blockquote><p>And get ANOTHER warning for daring to question them?  No thanks.  I already see how "fair" they are ingame, don't need a banhammer.</p><p>I was raging to myself after getting the warning, and just happened to stumble across Brasse in the game.  HE was a great person, and showed me the error of my 1-9 chat ways with a few simple moments of talking with him.  He didn't have access to the logs to show me what the "spamming" was, so I'm still annoyed by that.  I WAS guilty of Zone Disruption, but not of spamming.</p><p>Ugh.</p>

Tayne
01-05-2012, 02:47 PM
<p><cite>Fyrstar2004 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I was raging to myself after getting the warning, and just happened to stumble across Brasse in the game.  HE was a great person, and showed me the error of my 1-9 chat ways with a few simple moments of talking with him.  He didn't have access to the logs to show me what the "spamming" was, so I'm still annoyed by that.  I WAS guilty of Zone Disruption, but not of spamming.</p><p>Ugh.</p></blockquote><p>She.</p>

Tigress
01-05-2012, 02:51 PM
<p>Fyrstar, call them.   Or maybe not, if it is resolved now.  If not, call them.  What IS zone disruption??</p><p><em>p.s. elomort, ty for the laughs.  you had me lol'ing twice!  <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></em></p>

shots01
01-05-2012, 02:55 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I wish they'd come to Freeport. <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>No! Not more spammers!!</p><p>Oh, you meant the GMs.  Whew..</p><p>Ya!</p>

shots01
01-05-2012, 02:55 PM
<p><cite>Elomort wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I wish they'd come to Freeport. <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>Why would you want a spammer to come to our server? Gah, leave them there. We have enough.</p></blockquote><p>LOL see above LOL.  Poor Miss Fille.  Hands you yer cupcakes.</p>

shots01
01-05-2012, 02:58 PM
<p>Now you all know there are two sides to every story.</p><p>What bothers me about the OPs post is it sounds as if he is being roughshodded (is that a word?).  Sentenced without the ability to defend himself blah blah and that action will be taken against him whether he did anything wrong or not.</p><p>THAT....is unfair and something I do not believe in.</p><p>If he did do something wrong, then he deserves to know exactly what..if he gets banned for seemingly no apaprent reason with no suitable explanation.....I'd call..</p>

daalberith
01-05-2012, 04:01 PM
<p>What the OP describes kind of sounds like some of the garbage that went on in the early days of original EQ, assuming this is true and accurate of course. I suspect there is more to this, though.</p><p>This is why I avoid whatever the general chat channel is in any of these games, though. If I can I put it in it's own tab and only pay attention to it when I need a laugh watching some entry level trolling and flame baiting. Generally it isn't worth it beyond that, and certainly not worth participating in. If you swim around in sewage you really shouldn't complain when you discover you're covered in ****.</p>

Felshades
01-05-2012, 04:18 PM
<p><cite>Brigh wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>When you say email, you mean your personal account-connected email correct? I know people let Mr. "No Name" in on the names of their alts by not keeping their mouth shut about it in chat. Just use ignore without ever saying a thing. EQ2Players function still isn't working so unless he got the info about people's alts (that didn't set their privacy to hide them; BAD SoE for setting the default to show all) before the change, the only other non-GM way would just to be to pay attention to people talking. I haven't seen him say publicly in chat channels that he is a GM.</p></blockquote><p>I like that the default shows alts.</p><p>It lets me find out if those "new players" are pulling our legs.</p><p>That said, I have a feeling I know who he's talking about. A certain... Rat. Annoying lil bugger, him and all his alts are on my ignore list on all 8 of my current toons. Him and that guy that spams "hi" in every single channel upon login.</p><p>And even if he *is* a GM, that kind of behavior gets GMs the boot fast. He's full of it.</p>

Felshades
01-05-2012, 04:20 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Fyrstar2004 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I was raging to myself after getting the warning, and just happened to stumble across Brasse in the game.  HE was a great person, and showed me the error of my 1-9 chat ways with a few simple moments of talking with him.  He didn't have access to the logs to show me what the "spamming" was, so I'm still annoyed by that.  I WAS guilty of Zone Disruption, but not of spamming.</p><p>Ugh.</p></blockquote><p>She.</p></blockquote><p>That dwarf is a she?</p><p>I can't tell under the costume tbh <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Fyrstar2004
01-05-2012, 04:33 PM
<p><cite>shots01 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Now you all know there are two sides to every story.</p><p>What bothers me about the OPs post is it sounds as if he is being roughshodded (is that a word?).  Sentenced without the ability to defend himself blah blah and that action will be taken against him whether he did anything wrong or not.</p><p>THAT....is unfair and something I do not believe in.</p><p>If he did do something wrong, then he deserves to know exactly what..if he gets banned for seemingly no apaprent reason with no suitable explanation.....I'd call..</p></blockquote><p>I tried calling yesterday, and was disconnected twice.  Accidentally, I'm sure.  Just as I'm sure my ticket was accidentally closed when I asked for more info.</p><p>As for what Zone Disruption is, by the name of the offense you would think that it meant griefing a zone, but if you follow the link that they sent you, it tells you that *clears throat* "Using the chat channel inappropriatly is also defined as Zone Disruption."  I defy them to show me, now that I think of it, how I used it inappropriately.  I did NOT call anyone names, didn't disparage them, didn't threaten them, didn't do wipe my derriere with the channel, didn't walk the dog with the channel, and didn't use it to bother my neighbor with long music.  I DID, however, bust the butt of the person that kept spamming with the guild recruitment messages.</p>

Fyrstar2004
01-05-2012, 04:40 PM
<p><cite>daalberith wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>What the OP describes kind of sounds like some of the garbage that went on in the early days of original EQ, assuming this is true and accurate of course. I suspect there is more to this, though.</p><p>This is why I avoid whatever the general chat channel is in any of these games, though. If I can I put it in it's own tab and only pay attention to it when I need a laugh watching some entry level trolling and flame baiting. Generally it isn't worth it beyond that, and certainly not worth participating in. If you swim around in sewage you really shouldn't complain when you discover you're covered in ****.</p></blockquote><p>There IS no more to the story, what you see is what you get.  I already said I was guilty (until I thought about it some more, but even then I was very verbal about being spammed across EVERY channel by trillions of alts to join said guild) of Zone Disruption, but when I make my OWN guild recruitment message and follow JUST one of his I'm guilty of spam but he's not?  </p><p>I guarantee that if you came to Crushbone, if you asked anyone who this person is you would be replied to with a lot of choice words to describe him.  Yet he is free to cause all sorts of havoc whenever/wherever he chooses.  But don't criticize him or block his messages on the screen, you'll get a nastygram from his buddies at the Sony office!</p>

Michayla
01-05-2012, 05:16 PM
<p>I'm waiting for screenshots, to be perfectly honest. After watching many people claim they were unjustly banned from a game, and then watching them try to back peddle when it's discovered that they may have deserved that ban for nearly a decade in my gaming history, I take threads like these with a grain of salt.</p>

S_M_I_T_E
01-05-2012, 05:36 PM
<p><cite>Fyrstar2004 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>...</p><p>-What constitutes Zone Disruption? I understand there are links to describe it, but I see people cursing, calling people names, and being extremely rude.  None of which I did, btw.  I just was complaining about the person doing......</p><p>-Constant guild recruitments.  I have seen the same person (on Crushbone) spamming NONSTOP, every 5 minutes for the last 5 months,....</p><p>-Threatening account action.   If I'm ingame, send me a tell to discuss what I'm doing wrong.  Furthers my belief that the person that flagged me was the person that is sending the constant guild recruitments, because he COULDN'T send a tell from that account because I'd take a screenshot, sending it up the chain to prove.....</p><p>-GM abuse.  See above.  The only way that person could do those things AND get away with it is if he were a GM.</p><p> ....</p></blockquote><p>Basically, I assume that they don't want EQ2 chats on any server to turn into WOW, RIFT or TOR chats.</p><p>For instance, in TOR the other day I put in the /general chat " How do you turn on your FPS setting?"</p><p>The responses that filled the chat were very middle school (Yo moma, ask Chuck Norris, etc.) and the others that sounded adultish like "ctrl + alt + f4" or something like that were actually keyboard commands to crash the console.  When I tried that boy was I mad. </p><p>The EQ2 'social' management practices try to fend off and manage the population so people like that don't fill the chats.  I am on Crushbone and I know who you're talking about who chooses names that start with a primary color on the color wheel that isn't red or yellow.  Also, I think I know which complainer of that fellow you might be as I've seen few people actually fill the 1-9 complaining about primary color and their alts.</p><p>In general, let the guild spam occur.  If the employees can't stand it eventually they'll do something to a lowly GM (if that guy actually happens to be one).  Their tolerance of an individual being foolish (there was that Calibus fellow or something another a few exp packs ago who was atrocioius) is quite high but their tolerance of OTHERS reacting to foolishness is VERY LOW.</p><p>I remember getting chatted by my GM one time for putting something on the level chat about blocking IP's from a nationality that has a strong reputation for gold-farming in days before the spam filter.  Fellow said he thought it was funny personally but I can't even indirectly put things on a level chat like that even if they're not hateful in intent.</p><p>I was a little upset that the Calibus was filling the level chat with obscenity, insults, sexual innuendo, etc. constantly but I make an intellectual suggestion to reduce spam by level 1's with overseas IPs one time and am instantly assaulted by 3 GMs simultaneously.  I mean I got 3 tells in less than 10 seconds.  LoL </p><p>My advice.  Let the employees deal with it.  They have to play longer than most of us do and they can do more 'socially' in game to people both good and bad that doesn't require a GM client.  At best, make a ticket to petition which will give them the 'power' in investigate and execute some kind of action. </p>

shots01
01-05-2012, 05:42 PM
<p>Well hopefully you got it straightened out.</p><p>I am with Jayne.  I need to learn how to read.  Totally missed your post where you said you got to talk to Brasse about it.</p>

S_M_I_T_E
01-05-2012, 05:59 PM
<p><cite>Fyrstar2004 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p> He claims to be a GM, and that we are powerless to stop him.</p></blockquote><p>I have had to unfortunate experience to be with a GM who did NOT keep that to themselves.  You have to keep in mind many people that are employed as GMs aren't the highest quality individuals in RL. </p><p>If they ever do flaunt themselves on the level chat ( and yes I saw Mr. Primary Color do it on a few occasions late at night over the holidays) the senior level server reds beat them like a POW.  I imagine he knew the reds were on holiday or least the high level ones that can disipline him.</p><p>The reason they're there is that they're affordable and give the coding, art, etc. employees who are actual SOE brick and mortar people a break in work load.  But like all delegation sometimes things break down when the senior RED employees aren't online.  Believe it or not there are brick and mortar politics that feed in when the reds go online.</p><p>I know back in EOF the chatterbox GM I had turned into a pumpkin when John & Kander & etc. weren't around.  He was a real turkey but I didn't really feel that his misbehavior and Anti-SOE talking (screw em don't buy LON with real $, etc.) when they were gone was completely misplaced. They bullied that guy in game like a red-headed stepson on ocassion for reasons I'm not real clear on.  At the time a few of them had characters that matched RED forum handles.  I mean you do the math.  If a player makes a character with a RED handle I bet they get to what... level 10? before getting talked to and a free name change out of the deal.  </p><p>I'm not sure but I believe I had a GM 2 guilds ago (I don't know for sure, she never admitted to it, but she played really excessively and had real smooth social skills) but she went to Rift with her crew and is still there 'managing'.  Out of all the people I'd ever been under [minus the first] she was the best and I never felt like she was just 'behaving' when the reds were watching her.  If she was a GM they need to do things to keep and retain more people like her.</p><p>Let's not forget sometimes you have wandering GMs that come in like a hero when you need them but you never know.  Unfortunately for me I tend to be a little to vocal in my thanks or praise on the forums and people get rotated out of my cycle.</p>

Fyrstar2004
01-05-2012, 06:49 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I'm waiting for screenshots, to be perfectly honest. After watching many people claim they were unjustly banned from a game, and then watching them try to back peddle when it's discovered that they may have deserved that ban for nearly a decade in my gaming history, I take threads like these with a grain of salt.</p></blockquote><p>No one was banned, no one is appealing a ban.</p>

Michayla
01-05-2012, 06:55 PM
<p><cite>Fyrstar2004 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I'm waiting for screenshots, to be perfectly honest. After watching many people claim they were unjustly banned from a game, and then watching them try to back peddle when it's discovered that they may have deserved that ban for nearly a decade in my gaming history, I take threads like these with a grain of salt.</p></blockquote><p>No one was banned, no one is appealing a ban.</p></blockquote><p>Warned, banned, does it really matter?</p>

Fyrstar2004
01-05-2012, 07:18 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Fyrstar2004 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I'm waiting for screenshots, to be perfectly honest. After watching many people claim they were unjustly banned from a game, and then watching them try to back peddle when it's discovered that they may have deserved that ban for nearly a decade in my gaming history, I take threads like these with a grain of salt.</p></blockquote><p>No one was banned, no one is appealing a ban.</p></blockquote><p>Warned, banned, does it really matter?</p></blockquote><p>Guess not.  Either you're purposely missing the point of this post, or you're trolling.  I am complaining about the warnings from an abusive GM BEFORE it gets to the point of my account being banned to leave a papertrail.</p>

Katsi
01-05-2012, 09:04 PM
<p>I have an odd question, could the "report for spam" option be used?</p><p>Or is that only for plat sellers?</p><p>~ Cerilynn</p>

Seidhkona
01-05-2012, 09:24 PM
<p><cite>Felshades wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>That dwarf is a she?</p><p>I can't tell under the costume tbh <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>Lady dwarves have beards. Unless they shave.</p>

Felshades
01-05-2012, 09:46 PM
<p><cite>S_M_I_T_E wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Fyrstar2004 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>...</p><p>-What constitutes Zone Disruption? I understand there are links to describe it, but I see people cursing, calling people names, and being extremely rude.  None of which I did, btw.  I just was complaining about the person doing......</p><p>-Constant guild recruitments.  I have seen the same person (on Crushbone) spamming NONSTOP, every 5 minutes for the last 5 months,....</p><p>-Threatening account action.   If I'm ingame, send me a tell to discuss what I'm doing wrong.  Furthers my belief that the person that flagged me was the person that is sending the constant guild recruitments, because he COULDN'T send a tell from that account because I'd take a screenshot, sending it up the chain to prove.....</p><p>-GM abuse.  See above.  The only way that person could do those things AND get away with it is if he were a GM.</p><p> ....</p></blockquote><p>Basically, I assume that they don't want EQ2 chats on any server to turn into WOW, RIFT or TOR chats.</p><p>For instance, in TOR the other day I put in the /general chat " How do you turn on your FPS setting?"</p><p>The responses that filled the chat were very middle school (Yo moma, ask Chuck Norris, etc.) and the others that sounded adultish like "ctrl + alt + f4" or something like that were actually keyboard commands to crash the console.  When I tried that boy was I mad. </p><p>The EQ2 'social' management practices try to fend off and manage the population so people like that don't fill the chats.  I am on Crushbone and I know who you're talking about who chooses names that start with a primary color on the color wheel that isn't red or yellow.  Also, I think I know which complainer of that fellow you might be as I've seen few people actually fill the 1-9 complaining about primary color and their alts.</p><p>In general, let the guild spam occur.  If the employees can't stand it eventually they'll do something to a lowly GM (if that guy actually happens to be one).  Their tolerance of an individual being foolish (there was that Calibus fellow or something another a few exp packs ago who was atrocioius) is quite high but their tolerance of OTHERS reacting to foolishness is VERY LOW.</p><p>I remember getting chatted by my GM one time for putting something on the level chat about blocking IP's from a nationality that has a strong reputation for gold-farming in days before the spam filter.  Fellow said he thought it was funny personally but I can't even indirectly put things on a level chat like that even if they're not hateful in intent.</p><p>I was a little upset that the Calibus was filling the level chat with obscenity, insults, sexual innuendo, etc. constantly but I make an intellectual suggestion to reduce spam by level 1's with overseas IPs one time and am instantly assaulted by 3 GMs simultaneously.  I mean I got 3 tells in less than 10 seconds.  LoL </p><p>My advice.  Let the employees deal with it.  They have to play longer than most of us do and they can do more 'socially' in game to people both good and bad that doesn't require a GM client.  At best, make a ticket to petition which will give them the 'power' in investigate and execute some kind of action. </p></blockquote><p>Anyone that's used a Windows based computer for any given amount of time should know that alt+F4 is the key combo to quickly exit the current window/application.</p><p>Don't need the control key.</p>

Felshades
01-05-2012, 09:48 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Felshades wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>That dwarf is a she?</p><p>I can't tell under the costume tbh <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>Lady dwarves have beards. Unless they shave.</p></blockquote><p>It's not just the beard either. Last I seen her, she was in armor and I saw no chest.</p><p>In my view of an RPG, unless the body structure is visibly feminine, it aint female. This also goes for anthropomorphic animals. Most games at least TRY to differentiate between the sexes.</p>

SOE-MOD-07
01-05-2012, 10:52 PM
<p>Stay on topic please.</p>

silvertab42
01-06-2012, 01:14 AM
<p>gm or no gm it should be fair all around if you get a warning then he should as well <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/e8a506dc4ad763aca51bec4ca7dc8560.gif" border="0" /></p>

Felshades
01-06-2012, 01:29 AM
<p><cite>silvertab42 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>gm or no gm it should be fair all around if you get a warning then he should as well <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/e8a506dc4ad763aca51bec4ca7dc8560.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>I can agree with this. And I have a feeling I know who the OP was talking about.</p><p>Guy spams his two macros for one recruitment message in a couple channels at once. Several times a day. Much of the server has him on ignore, and hes apparently been doing it for years.</p><p>He's a Crushbone, not LDL, so I didn't have the joy of dealing with it for that long but holy cow.</p>

S_M_I_T_E
01-06-2012, 02:02 AM
<p><cite>Felshades wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Anyone that's used a Windows based computer for any given amount of time should know that alt+F4 is the key combo to quickly exit the current window/application.</p><p>Don't need the control key.</p></blockquote><p>I've been using Win since 3.11 but I never paid attention to <em>hotkeys</em> and don't know any of them other than ctrl alt del. </p><p>That's the problem with skill specialization in the modern world.  I'm a jack of many life trades and a master of one, and Windows manipulation isn't it.  Never been a priority. </p><p>My apparent lack of understanding something 'obvious' to you doesn't change my point that the other game's WOW kiddies hog the channels and prevent people from asking questions and getting decent answers. </p><p>The odds are high the SOE people manage the social space to prevent these people from stepping on their wheat and the OP was /beatdown from a high sensitivity GM. </p>

Fyrstar2004
01-06-2012, 02:19 AM
<p><cite>S_M_I_T_E wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Felshades wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Anyone that's used a Windows based computer for any given amount of time should know that alt+F4 is the key combo to quickly exit the current window/application.</p><p>Don't need the control key.</p></blockquote><p>I've been using Win since 3.11 but I never paid attention to <em>hotkeys</em> and don't know any of them other than ctrl alt del. </p><p>That's the problem with skill specialization in the modern world.  I'm a jack of many life trades and a master of one, and Windows manipulation isn't it.  Never been a priority. </p><p>My apparent lack of understanding something 'obvious' to you doesn't change my point that the other game's WOW kiddies hog the channels and prevent people from asking questions and getting decent answers. </p><p>The odds are high the SOE people manage the social space to prevent these people from stepping on their wheat and the OP was /beatdown from a high sensitivity GM. </p></blockquote><p>/agree</p><p>The bad thing is that if I waited to be banned, this would've turned into a woe-is-me posting and no one would have believed a word.  If anything bad happens to me, then at least everyone knows who/what/where/why.  </p><p>It's bad when GMs intimidate people like myself while they happily continue their trolling without fear.  In general, I think GM's are awesome.  This one, though.....</p>

Brigh
01-06-2012, 02:59 AM
<p><cite>Felshades wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Fyrstar2004 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I was raging to myself after getting the warning, and just happened to stumble across Brasse in the game.  HE was a great person, and showed me the error of my 1-9 chat ways with a few simple moments of talking with him.  He didn't have access to the logs to show me what the "spamming" was, so I'm still annoyed by that.  I WAS guilty of Zone Disruption, but not of spamming.</p><p>Ugh.</p></blockquote><p>She.</p></blockquote><p>That dwarf is a she?</p><p>I can't tell under the costume tbh <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>You can certainly tell on the <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSh4cn1QJs4&feature=g-user-u&context=G21c20acUCGXQYbcTJ33begjhQGG3JPhUX257HFI0y KlX0_fhc7Wc" target="_blank">many webcasts</a>.</p>

Felshades
01-06-2012, 03:05 AM
<p><cite>Brigh wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Felshades wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Fyrstar2004 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I was raging to myself after getting the warning, and just happened to stumble across Brasse in the game.  HE was a great person, and showed me the error of my 1-9 chat ways with a few simple moments of talking with him.  He didn't have access to the logs to show me what the "spamming" was, so I'm still annoyed by that.  I WAS guilty of Zone Disruption, but not of spamming.</p><p>Ugh.</p></blockquote><p>She.</p></blockquote><p>That dwarf is a she?</p><p>I can't tell under the costume tbh <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" /></p></blockquote><p>You can certainly tell on the many webcasts.</p></blockquote><p>I've seen a grand total of ONE, and she was sitting. It sounded like a female, but it sure looked like a guy in their early 20s. :/</p><p>Back on topic, 20 bucks says the OP just got someone having a bad day.</p>

Elomort
01-06-2012, 03:26 AM
<p><cite>Fyrstar2004 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I was raging to myself after getting the warning, and just happened to stumble across Brasse in the game.  HE was a great person, and showed me the error of my 1-9 chat ways with a few simple moments of talking with him.  He didn't have access to the logs to show me what the "spamming" was, so I'm still annoyed by that.  I WAS guilty of Zone Disruption, but not of spamming.</p></blockquote><p>Brasse is a lady, I am sure her beard fooled you though!</p><p>She says this about herself on Linkedin (She has done SO much for the industry as a whole over the years, her maps have been a staple of mine for years)...</p><div><h3><span style="border-image: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px initial initial;"><em>Director, Global Community Relations</em></span></h3><h4><strong><a class="company-profile-public" href="http://www.linkedin.com/company/sony-online-entertainment?trk=ppro_cprof"><span style="border-image: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px initial initial;"><em>Sony Online Entertainment</em></span></a></strong></h4></div><p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1px; margin-left: 0px; border-image: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 11px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.2; color: #999999; padding: 0px; border: 0px initial initial;"><em>Public Company; 501-1000 employees; Computer Games industry</em></p><p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 6px; margin-left: 0px; border-image: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.2; color: #555555; padding: 0px; border: 0px initial initial;"><em><abbr>July 2009</abbr> – <abbr>Present</abbr> <span style="border-image: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-style: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px initial initial;">(2 years 7 months)</span></em></p><p style="border-image: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.2; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px initial initial;"><em>The best job in the world, bar none: managing the 15-person SOE Community Team's efforts in forum management, reporting, feedback, promotions, in-game and live events, articles, social media and communications.</em></p><p><a href="http://www.linkedin.com/in/brasse">http://www.linkedin.com/in/brasse</a></p><p><img src="http://stationblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/brasse.jpg" width="394" height="598" /></p>

Fyrstar2004
01-06-2012, 02:17 PM
<p>Well, whomever she is, she is a fantastic person=D  I've NEVER had a more pleasant experience in a game than my chat with her, and I seriously recommend her for Hilary Clinton's job, since HC is so bad at it.  She can talk sense into anyone, and you won't even realize she did it!  She's THAT good=D</p><p>Brasse, wherever you are, find that GM!!!!</p>