PDA

View Full Version : reforging to limited

Twinbladed
01-03-2012, 03:55 PM
<p>Seriously if your going to bring it into the game atleat be able to tamper with all the stats just not a select few, DOV is CC and CM heavy yet you can't reforge and get either one of them, it's really limited almost pointless.</p>

CoLD MeTaL
01-03-2012, 04:33 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Seriously if your going to bring it into the game atleat be able to tamper with all the stats just not a select few, DOV is CC and CM heavy yet you can't reforge and get either one of them, it's really limited almost pointless.</p></blockquote><p>Got you to buy the expansion didn't it?  Mission accomplished.</p>

The_Cheeseman
01-03-2012, 06:26 PM
<p>Crit Mit and Crit Chance are designed as tightly-controlled gate mechanics for zone progression. If they were allowed as modifiable stats, their entire purpose would be obsolete.</p>

S_M_I_T_E
01-03-2012, 06:29 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Seriously if your going to bring it into the game atleat be able to tamper with all the stats just not a select few, DOV is CC and CM heavy yet you can't reforge and get either one of them, it's really limited almost pointless.</p></blockquote><p>It was designed for 'new' equipment after AOD launch where the Reds deliberately 'understat' an item full well knowing a player has to 'reforge' it correctly. </p><p>Look at some of the Colossal tradeskill items.  Primary stats for the intended character archtype are only 'right' after reforging. </p><p>Reforging wasn't made to make old items (even DOV) more desirable per say. </p>

The_Cheeseman
01-03-2012, 06:46 PM
<p><cite>S_M_I_T_E wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>It was designed for 'new' equipment after AOD launch where the Reds deliberately 'understat' an item full well knowing a player has to 'reforge' it correctly. </p><p>Look at some of the Colossal tradeskill items.  Primary stats for the intended character archtype are only 'right' after reforging. </p><p>Reforging wasn't made to make old items (even DOV) more desirable per say. </p></blockquote><p>I am usually somebody who prefers to reject assumptions of malicious conspiracy immediately, but after seeing the Monk/Bruiser crafted Gi with no multiattack but with 30% ability casting speed, I am having trouble formulating a counter argument.</p>

Banditman
01-03-2012, 07:02 PM
<p>Whats worse is that some of the unmodifiable stats are not consistent across those crafted item.  Case in point, take a look at the crit mit across all of those chest items.</p>

Brigh
01-04-2012, 01:17 AM
"per se"