PDA

View Full Version : Class Choice Advice

Malcontented
12-29-2011, 06:56 AM
<p>I do apologize for starting another of these sorts of threads, but I need a little advice.  I have come back to the game after a few years, and have been leveling a Dirge.  I've enjoyed it, and will continue to level it.  But what I'd like to do is level a character that allows me to see as much content as possible on a solo basis.  </p><p>The reason for this is mostly because I hate bugging my guild for help on stuff they've done a million times.  It's all new to me.  </p><p>I have no preference between caster or melee, I just want to be able to do as much as possible by myself as I level as I can.  Obviously, some content is intended for groups and cannot be done outside it; this I understand well.  But, what do you think is the best choice?I can feed a few plats to the endeavor, but not much.  </p><p>I appreciate in advance any and all advice.</p><p>Thank you!</p>

General_Info
12-29-2011, 08:29 AM
<p>for soloing i would suggest paladin(research your heals often) there are other tanks classes that do well but i like healing in general so i play paladin.you can use all the paladin heals and wards on yourself so it is pretty good. i would suggest to visit the class boards and check out the <a href="http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Creation" target="_blank">wikia on the various classes</a>.</p><p>How well you do starting up toons depends on how much experiance overall you have playing the game and how well off your estabished toons are. building up one toon makes it far easier to equip another for example. or if you level two toons at once try picking crafting professions both can get use out of.</p><p>for example one of my toons is an armorer and the other a woodworker that way i can make armor and totems to use on both toons and i can craft my own arrows.</p>

Korus
12-29-2011, 09:32 AM
<p>For the ability to see all content, and kill most of it,  without a group, the Monk, jack-of-all-trades-master-at-none, is probably the single best choice.</p>

Chronus1
12-29-2011, 09:52 AM
<p>Monk is more like master of tank, master of soloing raid mobs, master of stoneskins and jack of dps. Deffinitely an awseome soloing class to pick.</p>