PDA

View Full Version : Surface to mount Lore and Legend trophies


DarthXaos
12-28-2011, 04:03 AM
<p>What is a good surface to put on my wall to mount my Lore and Legend trophies?</p>

retro_guy
12-28-2011, 04:39 AM
<p>I've seen them mounted on a Vampiric Mirror (recipe from Halloween event), it acts as a frame and you lay out the weapons in a fan pattern, looks really good!</p><p>When I get in game I'll see if I can get a screenshot for you.</p>

Sharann
12-28-2011, 06:47 AM
<p>I mounted them on a light frozen tile which creates a nice contrast between the trophy and the background.</p>

DarthXaos
12-28-2011, 11:56 AM
The light frozen tile is fabled, does that mean i need item unlockers to use it in my home?

Moria15
12-28-2011, 12:13 PM
<p>I use the "Oil painting of a Knight" turned to face the wall  (well 3 of them actually)  nice wooden border and white canvas background to show the items up on.</p><p>Over that, I place a deaths head drapery to add a touch of colour to the whole proceedings.</p><p>Of course, this then raises the whole issue of "how do I place a painting in reverse" question, but that is covered in other threads or by using the various tools now available.</p><p>Regards</p><p>Palliana, Crushbone. </p>

Sharann
12-28-2011, 01:40 PM
<p><cite>DarthXaos wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>The light frozen tile is fabled, does that mean i need item unlockers to use it in my home?</blockquote><p>You can have 1 Light frozen tile for 4 token you get as reward from Frostfell quests (the merchant selling them is in Frostfell village) and it does not matter if it's fabled or not. You can use it like any other item in your house.</p>

Bremethor Uthorzant
12-28-2011, 03:12 PM
<p>I've recently used the polished ice tile from the New Halas city festival for my weapons display area. I wanted something that had a nice two way look to it. This way people could look into the "room" from both sides and see everything. I think what it really comes down to is there isn't a wrong answer here. Each person might go about things differently and really i think you should find what works perfectly for you <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />. After all decorating is about having fun!</p>

Maurna
12-30-2011, 08:34 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>DarthXaos wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>The light frozen tile is fabled, does that mean i need item unlockers to use it in my home?</blockquote><p>You can have 1 Light frozen tile for 4 token you get as reward from Frostfell quests (the merchant selling them is in Frostfell village) and it does not matter if it's fabled or not. You can use it like any other item in your house.</p></blockquote><p>This may not be true for free/silver accounts. Not sure if the fabled tag effects house items or just armor items.</p>

Arbreth
12-30-2011, 11:32 AM
<p>The fabled/legendary restriction is for wearable items.</p><p>And many people also use the white stuff from the Qeynos fair for mounting.</p>

DarthXaos
12-30-2011, 01:34 PM
How do I mount the light frozen tile on the wall, I can only spin it horizontally

Arbreth
12-30-2011, 01:43 PM
<p>With the layout file, or the layout editor.  With either one you will want to do Roll at 90 OR Pitch at 89.95 ( do not do pitch at 90 it makes ...odd... things happen.</p>

egyptiangothic
12-30-2011, 01:46 PM
ooohhh can u show some piccys of what your all talking about please

Sharann
12-30-2011, 03:02 PM
<p>Here you go <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" /></p><p>So I used the layout editor to place the light frozen tile vertically and I think it gives some nice effect:</p><p><img src="http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4452/eq2000130.jpg" /></p><p>Now you can use whatever you like as a frame. Enjoy!</p>

Eveningsong
12-30-2011, 03:36 PM
<p>I used the the plundered "mysterious paintings" as frames for my L&L trophies in one house. I had panelled the walls with the back of paintings, which allows the mysterious paintings to sink perfectly into the wall to create a frame effect.</p><p><img src="http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i192/eveningsong/EQ2/eveningsong/eve_basement2.jpg" /></p>

DarthXaos
12-30-2011, 04:42 PM
OK I published my screenshot as "Ezun's house" on Oasis, not sure how to take a reg screenshot

Geden
01-03-2012, 06:03 PM
<p><span style="color: #99cc00;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="font-family: book antiqua,palatino;">I believe someone used unique approach to mounting LnL items. Instead of placing them on the wall they used Paineed Pedestal as a base and hovered the LnL piece over it either in vertical or horizontal direction. And to make it complete with a book they inserted the corresponding book into pedestal (book was flipped to be flat I think) so that only the side of it shows.</span></span></span></p>

Earrindo
01-05-2012, 12:10 PM
<p>Yup, I did the same thing with my LnL trophies, but i left the books totally visible since they are books, not labels ^_^ its a nice way to display them, and surprisingly easy to do with the LE editor and significantly more tedious without it.</p><p>the only problem I have with this method is that it requires fantastic lighting or they tend to look a little lost. the inset frame with the light icy tile is probably the easiest way to display them clearly. using vampiric mirrors has the same problem as floating them on the paineel pedestals, but you can easily put a flipped white marble (or any type of) pedestal table behind it and itll increase visibility immensely.</p>

Cyliena
01-05-2012, 12:37 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><span style="color: #99cc00;"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="font-family: book antiqua,palatino;">I believe someone used unique approach to mounting LnL items. Instead of placing them on the wall they used Paineed Pedestal as a base and hovered the LnL piece over it either in vertical or horizontal direction. And to make it complete with a book they inserted the corresponding book into pedestal (book was flipped to be flat I think) so that only the side of it shows.</span></span></span></p></blockquote><p>I've done something similar but didn't use layout editor for the books. I probably should for the kobold one since it's the only one that looks different.</p><p><img src="http://eq2.zam.com/Im/Image/177255.png" /></p><p>For my main's house I use the backs of two sumac bookcases:</p><p><img src="http://eq2.zam.com/Im/Image/177254.png" /></p>