PDA

View Full Version : mercs: what am i doing wrong?

Nayawk
12-27-2011, 02:25 PM
<p>my healer and my bfs tank decided to add a couple of scout mercs to our little group and hit some slightly harder content. He hired a troubie and I the swashie.  His troubie works like clock work, my swashie on the other hand really isnt pulling his weight.</p><p>In the swashies control panel I have him to assist the tank, follow the tank, and protect the tank. The only thing he can manage is the follow.</p><p>The tank attacks, I heal/debuff and the swashie just stands there.  If I want him to enter the fight I have to click the attack button on his control bar. If the group isnt an encounter I have to watch after every kill to make sure to make sure I click attack again and again and again.</p><p>I dont play pet classes for a reason, but at least pets dont want half my cash. What am I doing wrong or is the swashie just broken?</p>

Brigh
12-27-2011, 02:36 PM
mercs have many bugs as you can see searching for other threads already started.

Mohee
12-27-2011, 02:40 PM
<p>Bugs suck.</p><p>What I do with my conj is have both /merc attack and /pet attack tied to my Heroic Oppurtunity starter, which is #1 skill on hotbar. So I spam that to send them to attack (and starts a HO, bonus!).</p><p>I hate having to do stuff like this to work around certain bugs, but its necissary until it gets fixed (if it ever does)</p><p>Until then, all you can really do is /bug and /feedback it and hope they'll look into it and fix it.</p>

Zorastiz
12-27-2011, 03:58 PM
<p>My friend and I each have one for lour lowbie alts, they stop auto following all the time, I set the who to follow, minimize (or not) the merc window. We go to attack some mobs and neither of our mercs are there, last night for example we literally lost count of how many times this happened.</p><p>Maybe ask the EQ1 devs for some code or pointers or something guys seriously.</p>