PDA

View Full Version : Copy & Paste Trash Mobs (duplicating spawns)

CatamanderEQ2
12-27-2011, 05:09 AM
<p>The worst and most tedious part of making dungeons -- real dungeons with storyline, custom mob names, flavor text, etc., -- is that even for the numerous trash mobs (generic guards, the common skeleton, etc.) I have to type in the name and all the flavor text for every single mob, which can mean reproducing the same stuff over and over.  The last big dungeon I made (Undead Lab - 200 marks solo or group on permafrost server) has a handful of generic guard mobs repeated in the halls frequently, plus another half dozen or so mobs repeated four to six times in specific rooms.  </p><p>What I need is the ability to either make a complete template with name, flavor text, etc., or at minimum a simple copy and paste job, or duplicate spawn command.  I don't want a dungeon full of the same generic spawns, but I do need a way to cut my flavor text and mob naming work down.  </p>

SeregWethrin
12-27-2011, 05:51 AM
<p>Yeah, check out my what dungeon maker needs and add it to that i should have made that point because yeah I find the same thing tedious as well.  I still want some decent scripting ability as well.</p>