PDA

View Full Version : One reason why waiting until the end of a dungeon makes for a sad panda

Mystfit
12-26-2011, 07:15 PM
<p>I just spent well over an hour in a dungeon. Got to the last room...and BLAM, Freeport sever went down like a poorly built Jenga tower. All that time lost.</p><p>It makes me think smaller dungeons are better. At least if yuo get booted, it's less time wasted...</p><p>Granted, server crashes don't happen often, but.....</p>

Kraagin
12-27-2011, 04:39 PM
<p>Not just server crashes, also don't get anything if your computer crashes...  My wife's machine has crashed a couple times when she was running them and lost out...  would be nice if it could reward in real time behind the scenes, so if you lost connection, you would still get credit (or at least partial credit)... or hold your instance for a bit or something to allow you to log back into it so you can continue...</p>

CatamanderEQ2
12-27-2011, 06:37 PM
<p>This really is a poorly designed mechanic.  First, your instance ought to be more durable than this, but second and more simply obvious is that you ought to get xp and marks earned no matter by what means you exit the instance.  Requiring the red exit door is just plainly silly.</p>