PDA

View Full Version : Hundred Mark Fury Slaughter

CatamanderEQ2
12-23-2011, 12:11 AM
<p>I made up a dungeon today called Hundred Mark Fury Slaughter.  It's based on Mistmoore 1 and I was just playing about to see if I could build a quick and dirty soloable dungeon that would yield 100+ marks. I'm just testing the system to see what is possible. (this is permafrost server for the curious)</p><p>I well accomplished that goal (if cleared it yields over a hundred marks) and right now it's just a real simple stripped bare dungeone with one-mob (vampire fury) repeated a ton of times.  It's plain and undecorated right now, but I cleared it out on a basic starter avatar without a single death.</p><p>This got me thinking about exactly how many marks a basic dungeon could yield while still being reasonably doable for a basic starter avatar to solo. Given that I can't use walls to reduce aggro radius, I can only fit so many encounters into the zone before they start chain aggroing, but if a hundred marks was easily done it may be possible to yield 150 or even 200 in one run.</p><p>I'm wondering what others have seen done or accomplished in pushing the upper limit of mark rewards for dungeons.</p>

apwyork
12-23-2011, 04:37 AM
<p>You could easily double that, maybe triple it on the larger maps.  But then, why?  If its just a matter of farming marks, smaller faster ones would work just as well.</p>

Guleipho
12-24-2011, 04:45 PM
<p><cite>CatamanderEQ2 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I made up a dungeon today called Hundred Mark Fury Slaughter.  It's based on Mistmoore 1 and I was just playing about to see if I could build a quick and dirty soloable dungeon that would yield 100+ marks. I'm just testing the system to see what is possible. (this is permafrost server for the curious)</p><p>I well accomplished that goal (if cleared it yields over a hundred marks) and right now it's just a real simple stripped bare dungeone with one-mob (vampire fury) repeated a ton of times.  It's plain and undecorated right now, but I cleared it out on a basic starter avatar without a single death.</p><p>This got me thinking about exactly how many marks a basic dungeon could yield while still being reasonably doable for a basic starter avatar to solo. Given that I can't use walls to reduce aggro radius, I can only fit so many encounters into the zone before they start chain aggroing, but if a hundred marks was easily done it may be possible to yield 150 or even 200 in one run.</p><p>I'm wondering what others have seen done or accomplished in pushing the upper limit of mark rewards for dungeons.</p></blockquote><p>I'm curious to know, what is your dungeon's rating?</p><p>I'm using Mistmoore 1 as well, but I'm only 50% completed, and have a rating of 4000+ points.</p>