PDA

View Full Version : SC bought spawners

IvyBlackrose
12-19-2011, 06:47 PM
<p>please add the SC bought spawners to the toolbox i have a bag full of spawners that i have to carry around with me everywhere now because they dont get added to my toolbox, this isnt going to work i can easily buy 1000 different spawners from the sc store trying to get the ones i want please give us the ability to add them to our toolbox not carry them all around thanx</p>

Guleipho
12-21-2011, 08:15 AM
<p>I'm going to assume, that you're either carrying around extra spawns, or you didn't "right click+use".</p><p>Just throw your bag of extras in your bank. </p>

apwyork
12-22-2011, 12:52 AM
<p>They mean the "limited use" spawners which are not taken form inventory unless placed in a dungeon.</p>

DancingFirefly
12-22-2011, 02:30 AM
<p>+1 to the OP.</p><p>The limited spawners will add up if we keep up with dungeon building. I have 30+ of them sitting in my bank. They've almost taken up a whole slot worth of space, as my current largest container is 40 slots.</p><p>Please let us add limited spawners to the toolbox. Maybe remove them from the toolbox when they're placed, if you really want us to only use them in one dungeon. Then when we 'pick them up' again, they'll spawn as an item in our inventory, which we can use to add them back into the toolbox. That's really the simplest way I can think of doing it.</p>

Evanair
12-22-2011, 03:28 AM
<p>The issue with adding them to the toolbox comes from you are limited to one per item.  Meaning if you have 2 of the same limited item, you can place 2 per dungeon.</p>

msgnomer
12-22-2011, 11:01 AM
<p>I think adding to the toolbox would be great.  It's so logical that  I'm going to guess there's a programming issue that keeps it from being an easy add at the moment.  Hopefully someday....</p><p>In the meantime, my solution for now has been to create  "Dungeon Warehouse".  I picked a layout with a big room and have set the spawners down by types.  You can go shopping when you want to add some limited spawners to a dungeon you are designing.  If anything, it's easier than having to go to the bank - step out of one dungeon and into the warehouse, and back.</p>

Starack
12-22-2011, 12:33 PM
The dungeon maker window toolbox window needs a rethink slightly. It seems quite likely for every L&L race out there as well as the odd few that are not, there is going to be one of every class more or less, not sure if Beastlord npc's are available for all but I would assume this would be the case for the other 24. There are 21 playable races, there are 44 lore and legend races out there. Then we get into duplicate races because of the two kinds of undead. *IF* say 65 'races' are available out there we are probably looking at around 1600 kinds of generic 50 point trash mob, it is going to be a total night mare in the long run to properly manage that. Looking at the furniture side of it, there is tons of stuff which would be nice to use in housing really that are part of the dungeons BUT those decoration object lists are already huge, I am sure they will add more zones in time so its only going to explode. That is before we get to the list of boss spawners, I doubt every boss in the base game is in DM or ever will be, but am sure it will be in the hundreds eventually. While yes a lot of trade skillers are perhaps used to the 2500 recipe plus list that they get via the standard TS window, this DM really does look like it will take it to a good few multiples of that, and while a 'search' function is nice, it assumes you know what you are looking for. Right now this is not too bad as no one has everything yet, but when people start to, its not going to be fun or quick to get things done simply because proper sub categorization is not there, ala themes or item sets, mixing and matching should still be allowed. As to the one only items and the rare chance for a boss spawner. Honestly I don't like this, it should have been 5 full spawners with 1 rare spawner no limit on how many, and take the duplicates off the list as a desginer of dungeons, 'pot luck' for resources should not be another meta game within itself. You want us to build good things then don't mess up access to stuff like this.

DancingFirefly
12-23-2011, 08:04 AM
<p><cite>msgnomer wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>In the meantime, my solution for now has been to create  "Dungeon Warehouse".  I picked a layout with a big room and have set the spawners down by types.  You can go shopping when you want to add some limited spawners to a dungeon you are designing.  If anything, it's easier than having to go to the bank - step out of one dungeon and into the warehouse, and back.</p></blockquote><p>Great idea. Thank you for that.</p><p>I still would like to see the function added to the toolbox someday, but this will help emmensely.</p>

Keikoku
12-23-2011, 04:44 PM
<p>I like the fact we can now buy spawners with SC, but why not the boss ones, or the 5 pack ones?  I'm only seeing the option for marks for these.  </p>

Guleipho
12-24-2011, 04:37 PM
<p>I understand now, since I bought a booster a couple days back ... and I'd love to see them go in our toolbox.</p><p>Quite annoying.</p>

IvyBlackrose
12-27-2011, 08:32 PM
coding issue doesnt hold water because of one simple reason....... the SAME spawners that are able to be bought individually for 150+ tokens are FROM the packages so in other words the spawner has two versions....the one for 150 tokens for ONE spawner that is by itself in the SC and then the SAME identical spawner found again inside the package where you get 5 of them and a chance at a boss but which does NOT go into your toolbox....... this method of doing it is quite frankly to extend the content and keep us buying the spawners but to be honest with ya they need to just ALL go into the toolbox if you ask me AND once i bought a particular spawner what does it matter if i place ONE of them or 50 of them? its mine i bought it anyways so just put the thing in my toolbox. OH and while we are on the subject what is up with ONE boss for 1800 tokens? it takes about 4 to 6 hours of work to get 1800 tokens....at LEAST make it maybe THREE bosses?

notimp
12-29-2011, 07:02 PM
<p>Pretty sure they raised the mark prices because they think there will be tons of players running the most popular dungeons netting the creator thousands of tokens.  I don't see it happening now that the novelty has worn of though.  The overly high costs in marks means most creators have to run the dungeons to farm marks instead of spending their time actually working on improving thier dungeons.  The system isn't very rewarding for the ones who spend hours designing the layout, placing everything just right, decorating and designing a theme and text to enhance that.  It favors more of the max mark/minimal time dungeons since the people doing them are doing it for marks. </p>

Cutharie
12-31-2011, 06:54 PM
<p>Oh, it's better than that. What you don't know is that the "Boss" spawner isn't. What you get, if you spent 1800 marks on the "Bosses of Norrath" pack, is not the boss spawner it says you'll get in the description of the item, but an Elite spawner. It's lvl 52, not lvl 54 like Xalgoz or Kiana Dut, and you can place 3 of them in your dungeon for each elite spawner that you get, not just the 1 that a real boss spawner is limited to.</p><p>I'm *very* ticked off that I spent 1800 marks to get what I thought would be a boss but actually wasn't.</p><p>Methinks Sony needs to learn something about truth in advertising. Let the buyer beware. *sour look*</p>

Sarriss
01-08-2012, 01:35 AM
<p>I can't see why they can't be added to the toolbox, they can limit the number of bosses and effect items.</p><p>Or at least a new bankbox attachment (like the shared bank) that holds only DM limited items and house items.</p><p>And it's not that it can't be done, it's that they don't want to spend the time on it.</p>