PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Maker changes

chelanfarsight
12-19-2011, 12:51 PM
<p>i heard a rumor that in Beta testing the DM was a bit more complex in its options. either way i would certainly like to see some more complexity added. the rotation of DM items to make them look moved or stacked on their sides, already broken items to include in the decorations, more control of the mobs, the addition of NPCs that will interact as part of a dungeon w/o being mobs, etc.</p><p>there's tons more, but i am enjoying the creation process. as an old DM myself its been kinda fun just building. and i spose that's what im asking for at the core of it: more building options.</p>

General_Info
12-19-2011, 01:06 PM
<p>well if it is true then i would say ether A) they didnt have the funds to flesh everything out or B) they couldn't get the complexity and make it workable for users (what are functional tools for a dev is entirely different to the same tools being functional for a player</p><p>spore is a good example of this if you add a certain command to the spore shortcut it'll start with the flora editor which is easily usable by a dev but will not be easy for a player to use.</p>

Keikoku
12-19-2011, 01:59 PM
<p><cite>General_Info wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>well if it is true then i would say ether A) they didnt have the funds to flesh everything out or B) they couldn't get the complexity and make it workable for users (what are functional tools for a dev is entirely different to the same tools being functional for a player</p><p>spore is a good example of this if you add a certain command to the spore shortcut it'll start with the flora editor which is easily usable by a dev but will not be easy for a player to use.</p></blockquote><p>Warning: minor de-rail.</p><p>I never knew that about Spore, and I LOVE that game!  </p><p>Back on topic:</p><p>I think that there's a whole range of tools that they could have provided that the general user could make use of.  I mean, they gave the ability to give trustee access to dungeons, right?  So, okay.  I suck at decorating and things like that.  But I'm a programmer.  If we had scripting tools, I could trade my scripting services to a decorator who's not so program oriented.  And bam!  Two awesome dungeons are born.  Not saying the scripting has to be overly difficult to do, but you get my point.  It has such great potential, and I hope they continue to expand upon it, and not let it sit and gather dust like the battlegrounds.</p>

chelanfarsight
12-19-2011, 04:23 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>General_Info wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>well if it is true then i would say ether A) they didnt have the funds to flesh everything out or B) they couldn't get the complexity and make it workable for users (what are functional tools for a dev is entirely different to the same tools being functional for a player</p><p>spore is a good example of this if you add a certain command to the spore shortcut it'll start with the flora editor which is easily usable by a dev but will not be easy for a player to use.</p></blockquote><p>Warning: minor de-rail.</p><p>I never knew that about Spore, and I LOVE that game!  </p><p>Back on topic:</p><p>It has such great potential, and I hope they continue to expand upon it, and not let it sit and gather dust like the battlegrounds.</p></blockquote><p>agreed .. on both counts~</p>

Keikoku
12-19-2011, 04:51 PM
<p>Finally!  <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=512106" target="_blank">This is happening</a>!  The ability to use your own characters in the dungeons.  I'll reserve judgement till I see implementation, but again, the potential for this feature is astounding.</p>

Black
12-19-2011, 05:14 PM
<p>Ahh yes good news indeed</p><p>Will be good to see if they will change it so loot of some sort can drop</p><p>Cheers</p>

msgnomer
12-19-2011, 06:49 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Finally!  <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=512106" target="_blank">This is happening</a>!  The ability to use your own characters in the dungeons.  I'll reserve judgement till I see implementation, but again, the potential for this feature is astounding.</p></blockquote><p>Of all the changes that might be made, this is  not on my list.  However, I'm happy that it implies that the dungeon feature set is not static and may include future changes.</p><p>I was having fun playing adventurers with different spells than those my characters have.</p>

Mermut
12-19-2011, 09:46 PM
<p><cite>msgnomer wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Finally!  <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=512106" target="_blank">This is happening</a>!  The ability to use your own characters in the dungeons.  I'll reserve judgement till I see implementation, but again, the potential for this feature is astounding.</p></blockquote><p>Of all the changes that might be made, this is  not on my list.  However, I'm happy that it implies that the dungeon feature set is not static and may include future changes.</p><p>I was having fun playing adventurers with different spells than those my characters have.</p></blockquote><p>They've said that you can continue to play with the adventurer avatars if you want.</p>

msgnomer
12-19-2011, 09:53 PM
<p><cite>Mermut wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>They've said that you can continue to play with the adventurer avatars if you want.</p></blockquote><p>I may have worded it poorly, I didn't mean to imply I thought they were taking the adventurer avatar option away.</p><p>I was more trying to express that even though this wasn't the feature for me, I was happy to see work continuing on new features. </p><p>I think I'm easily amused sometimes.  I was having fun stomping around as a Thulian.  I don't even mind the limited combat options.  I can see taking my characters in their "real" form into the dungeons at some point as well.</p>

IvyBlackrose
12-20-2011, 12:41 PM
<p>as i have said before I think using your own character is a really really B A D idea and heres why.....</p><p>casual player in say pq gear goes into dungeon takes about 45 minutes and comes out with 60 tokens</p><p>raider goes into dungeon in full raid gear aoes it all down takes 15 seconds and comes out with 60 tokens</p><p><span style="color: #ffff00;">sorry but this is really going to unbalance the game and make it not nearly as much fun, not to mention no one is going to use an avatar with 4 spells when they can use their real char they know well with all their normal abilities......</span></p>

Evanair
12-20-2011, 12:48 PM
<p>Ivy, what about the idea of removing all the effects of +percentage and ability mods on gear while they are in there?  Nothing but +sta and +otherstat while you're in the dungeon?</p>

Aethn
12-20-2011, 03:36 PM
<p><cite>IvyBlackrose wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>as i have said before I think using your own character is a really really B A D idea and heres why.....</p><p>casual player in say pq gear goes into dungeon takes about 45 minutes and comes out with 60 tokens</p><p>raider goes into dungeon in full raid gear aoes it all down takes 15 seconds and comes out with 60 tokens</p><p><span style="color: #ffff00;">sorry but this is really going to unbalance the game and make it not nearly as much fun, not to mention no one is going to use an avatar with 4 spells when they can use their real char they know well with all their normal abilities......</span></p></blockquote><p>There is nothing in DM that changes this game outside of DM but a few potions, a mount and a few fabled items you can buy that are barely over dungeon gear.  DM isnt going to change anything outside DM's scope of the game. </p><p>If you really want to address something that changes the game for the worse, attack SLR (Selling Looting Rights)and how its easier to farm plat to buy x4 raid loots then to get thousands of tokens for mid tier fabled items or a potion or two to speed up research, then you have a valid arguement.</p>