PDA

View Full Version : More like Dungeon Decorator

DevontheGnome
12-13-2011, 02:38 PM
<p>The devs made some deal about wanting to see what cool things people could come up with, and then they gave us almost zero tools to do so. 99% of the dungeons you run through are purely about dealing with massive aggro range. The aggro range is ridiculously huge given the small footprints we are given to build in.</p><p>The dungeons with highly ranked "style" are basically those that have given the same monsters silly names, and thats about all you can do.</p><p>Now I made a maze of mine playing with vertical space and hard to notice jump-points but thats really the limit of what this toolset allows.</p><p>We need to be able to have access to some light scripting, be able to link mobs to one another, adjust individual mob stats (not this room-wide box bonus joke). I should be able to have a boss fight and not just a boss-room fight.</p><p>Most importantly for interesting dungeons we need switches/levers that we can attach to various items, more in line with nek castle.</p><p>Right now all we can do is decorate dungeons, which is boring and will be a dead feature in a month.</p>

intoXILE
12-13-2011, 02:48 PM
<p><cite>DevontheGnome wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>The devs made some deal about wanting to see what cool things people could come up with, and then they gave us almost zero tools to do so. 99% of the dungeons you run through are purely about dealing with massive aggro range. The aggro range is ridiculously huge given the small footprints we are given to build in.</p><p>The dungeons with highly ranked "style" are basically those that have given the same monsters silly names, and thats about all you can do.</p><p>Now I made a maze of mine playing with vertical space and hard to notice jump-points but thats really the limit of what this toolset allows.</p><p>We need to be able to have access to some light scripting, be able to link mobs to one another, adjust individual mob stats (not this room-wide box bonus joke). I should be able to have a boss fight and not just a boss-room fight.</p><p>Most importantly for interesting dungeons we need switches/levers that we can attach to various items, more in line with nek castle.</p><p>Right now all we can do is decorate dungeons, which is boring and will be a dead feature in a month.</p></blockquote><p>I think we're thinking the same thing. See the post I just made call "Dungeon Maker Suggestions" and tell me what you think.</p>

Celline-Layonaire
12-14-2011, 12:21 AM
<p>Devs! You need to listen to these guys....</p><p>(and we will see what novelty they will be able to come up with -regarding DYOD- in the next GU...)  </p>