PDA

View Full Version : Can we use our own characters

Talathion
12-09-2011, 04:37 PM
<p>because avatars with 5 buttons put me to sleep, I will take 1/3 th the reward for using my own toon.</p>

apwyork
12-14-2011, 05:52 AM
<p>My main would blow through any of these player dungeons in a few seconds with no real difficulty, hence the reason why we use avatars instead.  The simple problem of creating dungeons that scale to the level of any player in it and making them usable by everyone would be so hard to program that it makes much more sense to limit the variables as much as possible.  Creating level restricted dungeons would be a waste since you have only a small number of people actually creating these dungeons so most players wouldn't have much to play.  This way everyone can do them and everyone faces the same restrictions and rewards.</p>

Eyema
12-14-2011, 05:57 PM
That is exactly why its done. Even if it automentored everyone to 50, those under 50 would what? Get buffed up to 50? And have no idea how to play thier class? But its not just about level or class, its about how well developed your toon is. A level 90 with 320 AA will do far better than a level 90 with 160 AA. Anyone with raid gear would completely trivialize the content, and a raid geared tank could probably pull an entire zone and just AE autoattack. If you think we should be able to use our own characters in there, you are completely missing the point.

Keran77
12-14-2011, 06:42 PM
<p>Well, I should agree, that using own character is a bad idea. But having 4 combat skills + autoattack is even worse IMHO. Even level 10 player character have more!</p><p>Couldn't avatars have at least a dozen of combat abilities, like an mercenaries?</p>

Umub
12-14-2011, 08:32 PM
<p>While I would much prefer to be able to use my own toons, I can understand why that would be difficult if not impossible to balance properly.</p><p>However, it would be very cool if the avatars were actually standard level 50 toons (or something close) with nearly the full set of spells available to such toons and perhaps mastercrafted or treasured armor. It would make the content more interesting and challenging and provide a way to play around with other classes to see what you liked. Plus it would open the door for rewards in the dungeon maker system related to unlocking new avatars, or spells for your avatars, etc. The current 5 button avatars are just too dull to make the dungeons much fun.</p>

Eyema
12-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Aye, i can agree with that. The Avatars are pretty dull, even more so since you can only really use fighter ones to solo with (Healers to a lesser extent). The mage and scouts are pretty much useless if you arent in a group. Having more of a range of abilities could balance out the classes as well, and make all of them viable. I could care less if a mage soloed as well as a fighter, its not a real dungeon or class anyways, so class balancing isnt an issue. It would add more flexibility to the player to use the Adventurer they like the best instead of being limited to the small number of fighter types.