PDA

View Full Version : Please remove the highlighting in homes/gh's when edit mode is disabled.

Senya
12-07-2011, 03:12 PM
<p>It's incredibly annoying to disable it and still have everything my mouse hovers over get highlighted.  It REALLY detracts from what the house is supposed to look like when not being edited.</p><p>Edit: I found a solution/workaround.  This gets rid of the highlighting.  Leaving this post in case it helps someone else.</p><p>Options</p><p>User Interface (click advanced)</p><p>Target Highlight</p><p>Widget Mouseover Glow - Drag to 0</p>

Meinen
12-07-2011, 03:24 PM
<p>OMG..thank you! Was looking for something to stop that highlighting, that was so annoying.</p>

Gzelle
12-07-2011, 03:44 PM
<p>That is the MOST annoying thing I've ever seen.  Thanks for posting a fix.</p>

tenchgirl15
12-07-2011, 03:59 PM
<p>I agree and the edit button has to be fixed too.</p>

Gladiolus
12-07-2011, 04:02 PM
<p>Switching this off means that no targets (mobs etc) will be highlighted so it's not an answer for everyone. Rothgar says that the highlighting indoors should only happen when in Edit mode, so that's what needs to be fixed.</p>

Senya
12-07-2011, 04:03 PM
<p>It really needs changed so that when a user wants to be in edit mode and use the widget the highlighting is there, but when edit mode is disabled it stops that behavior.  Hopefully they'll patch that in at some point.</p>

Afista
12-07-2011, 04:05 PM
<p>Thanks for the work-around for now Senya! Was totally driving me nuts.</p>

Senya
12-07-2011, 04:09 PM
<p><span style="text-decoration: line-through;">There are different sliders. </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration: line-through;">   Target Glow</span></p><p><span style="text-decoration: line-through;">   Target Encounter Glow</span></p><p><span style="text-decoration: line-through;">   Implied Target Glow</span></p><p><span style="text-decoration: line-through;">   Widget Mouseover Glow</span></p><p><span style="text-decoration: line-through;">   Character Mouseover Glow</span></p><p><span style="text-decoration: line-through;"></span></p><p><span style="text-decoration: line-through;">I've not been out of my house to check mobs, but my assumption is that the target, target encounter, implied encounter, and character will effect those things and the widget glow should only apply to the decorating widget.  If that's not the case that's another issue which needs to be addressed as well.</span></p><p>Edit:  Disabling the widget glow disables the glow for everything atm.  Waiting on fixes!</p>

Aiana
12-07-2011, 06:04 PM
<p>Thank you soooo much for figuring that one out. That was so aweful.</p>

VikodiN
12-07-2011, 06:13 PM
<p><span style="color: #00ffff;">Yup, I agree.  The highlighting is annoying.</span></p>

Rothgar
12-07-2011, 06:57 PM
<p>The problem with the workaround is it will disable glowing for all widgets.   You'll want to probably turn that back on when we fix the bug.</p><p>There's another thread going on this same issue.</p><p><a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=510446" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=510446</a></p>

Senya
12-07-2011, 07:55 PM
<p>Thanks for the update, Rothgar.  Looking forward to this getting fixed. </p>

Tsumaranai
12-07-2011, 11:33 PM
<p>in addition to the targetting issue, which i agree is the most annoying thing evah, could someone please also make that 'edit' button window draggable? or better yet removable/turn off-able? it is an annoying distraction even with the targetting glow slid to zero.</p><p>edited for spelling fail</p><p>edited again: never mind, i found the edge and dragged it away. but it wasn't obvious or easy. =P</p>

Tigress
12-07-2011, 11:49 PM
<p>the highlighting is really annoying.  the edit button being in the middle of the screen is even more annoying.  i tried moving it but it wouldn't let me.</p>

Jazabelle
12-08-2011, 02:15 AM
<p><cite>Tigress wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>the highlighting is really annoying.  the edit button being in the middle of the screen is even more annoying.  i tried moving it but it wouldn't let me.</p></blockquote><p>The button can be dragged. The problem is that the draggable area is somewhere ABOVE and outside the frame of the window (you might be able to drag it from below the window too, I haven't tried from there). Just mouse around the window until the cursor changes.</p><p>Good luck!</p>

Eveningsong
12-08-2011, 02:19 AM
<p>Or wait until tomorrow's patch when the edit button is going away.  See patch notes, but they're replacing it with a CTRL+E command instead.</p>

SecrAtive Girl
12-08-2011, 12:37 PM
<p>the SUPER annoying thing abou tthis bug is i had trustee access to our guild hall, so our leader removed the access to prevent annoying us to death.... but the glow REMAINED. so painful...</p>