PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to delete and alt, what will happen to her Prestige House?

Dawnstrike
12-06-2011, 03:50 PM
<p>The title says it all.  Got a low level toon and might want to free up the char spot some day.  I bought her a prestige house in Qeynos in an experiment to see if I could use it to get into a house I bought her in Neriak before betraying, which worked (on Nagafen).  I also ended up decorating the prestige house to completion.  Just wondering if I delete her if the prestige house and everything in it will be deleted as well?  Also I wonder if customer support could transfer the home and it's contents to another toon?  Please share what you know.  Thanks in advance!</p>

Tigress
12-06-2011, 03:52 PM
<p>when you delete character, everything with the character will be deleted.  yes, you will lose your house.</p>

Shygar
12-06-2011, 03:53 PM
<p>Good Luck with that, my undesrtanding is that the house recides with the toon, and you can not sell it after you claim it. So in other words , if you delete the toon the house goes too, Sorry to see that, That was one thing I send feedback about, the ability to sell or transfer your house to either another toon on the same account or sell it like on the Broker, but SOE doesnt like that idea for some reason, not sure why being that you can sell or trade just bout anything under the sun.</p>

Dawnstrike
12-06-2011, 04:06 PM
<p>Thanks.  I was hoping since I paid real money for the home it would be supported as a transfer.</p><p>I suppose this issue would go away if they would work on allowing us to reset our adventure classes.  I figured I'd not level the necro and level a BL instead.  Oh well, just adding another hosed character slot with an unused adventure character.  I also have at least three tradeskillers I'd like to change classes for just sitting there as well.  But that's for another thread.</p>

Karrane1
12-06-2011, 04:45 PM
<p>Hmm.. I have had toons that gave my main Trustee access to their homes and then I deleted the toon.  As long as I am trustee, I can pay the rent and use the house for whatever I want.</p>

Tigress
12-06-2011, 05:06 PM
<p>that strikes me as odd, karrane1. </p><p>i've had friends who deleted characters and i was a trustee of their house.  i had "cannot be replaced" items in their house.  when they deleted the character, the house was deleted & so were my "cannot be replaced" items.</p><p>i have a guildmate who won the LoN Tim Deep house.  she put the portal in the guild hall.  she deleted the character.  the portal and house went POOF and were deleted.</p>

Banedon_Toran
12-06-2011, 05:41 PM
<p>It would be nice just to relinquish the house and it becomes a /claim item again, so you can use to setup a home (from scratch) with another toon on the same account.</p>

Aiana
12-06-2011, 05:44 PM
<p>What if you boxed it up and put it in another alts empty home instead. Save the layout and all of that of course.</p>

Mystfit
12-06-2011, 06:03 PM
<p>We did a test..FOR SCIENCE!!! in the homeshow channel awhile back to check just such a thing and sadly, the house deleted when the toon deleted. I do think they MIGHT let you petition to have it moved to another toon since, as you note, it's been bought with real money, but i've not tested the theory.</p>

SecrAtive Girl
12-06-2011, 08:45 PM
<p><cite>Mystfit wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>We did a test..FOR SCIENCE!!! in the homeshow channel awhile back to check just such a thing and sadly, the house deleted when the toon deleted. I do think they MIGHT let you petition to have it moved to another toon since, as you note, it's been bought with real money, but i've not tested the theory.</p></blockquote><p style="text-align: justify;">actually i'm like 80% sure i've alreay tested that. i remember accidently claiming a prestige home deed with the wrong character. i did a /petition and they did a "one time only" reclaim. the deed reappeared in my backpack and i was able to stick it in my shared bank for the right toon.  <strong>now that either really happened... or this was a dream i had and i'm remembering the dream</strong>. dreams and memories looks the same in my head and sometimes i dream about things that could really happen.</p>

Tyrus Dracofire
12-06-2011, 09:33 PM
<p>it happen to me, i didnt realized that i did lost all his "vampire" when he FAILED 20th lvl before deadline when i move from my sis to my own apt, and i had to ask for GM's help, and they helped and i also learned a lesson not to repeat that mistake.</p><p>make a reroll with same same and let GM know. it was only way they can find "previous owner" in data files.</p><p>never again or delete those alts if they own any prestige house, or special skills.</p>

egyptiangothic
12-11-2011, 06:54 AM
i kicked up a stink when i purchased those angel wings and a create of gi's for my bruiser on fp... when i paid to copy my live toon (also a bruiser) who was 30 lvls higher to fp i had no need for the lower one,but could not delete her because i have paid with real money for items that couldnt be exchanges over to the copy. so i pertitioned it and basicaly popped off that i was not made of money and that i didnt want the lower char but i wanted the items transfered to the higher char. i also said that i wasnt perpared to pay for anything that cost a fortune in rl money if i could not transfer it over if need arose. serfise as to say they transfered the said items to my copied char so i could delete the obsolete char to free up a char slot!... my point is if u make a noise, and as prestege homes cost a fortune they will transfer it over!... if they can do it for me they should do it for any one as real money isnt like ingame money perticulay if u grind gold... good luck

simianthief
12-15-2011, 08:50 AM
<p>Customer service has improved.  Dramatically.  Back in EQ1 I lost the ability to complete my epic weapon quest, which at the time pretty much defined your character.  They said "tough luck".</p><p>Today I had two toons named the same on Freeport from EQ2x and my home server.  I accidentally claimed my LoN Undead Valet on Freeport and they were kind enough to move it over for me.  Without any noise or stink from me.  Maybe I got lucky, but SOE's won my customer satisfaction for a time.  And that's saying a lot.</p>