PDA

View Full Version : Zerker Myth

Ilovecows
12-06-2011, 02:34 AM
<p>I am a little bit confused about the zerker myth.  Awhile ago all passive taunts were supposed to be taken out of the game, so why is it that the passive taunt on the zerker myth still works in pvp?  It doesn't make much sense to me.</p>

Talathion
12-07-2011, 12:20 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I am a little bit confused about the zerker myth.  Awhile ago all passive taunts were supposed to be taken out of the game, so why is it that the passive taunt on the zerker myth still works in pvp?  It doesn't make much sense to me.</p></blockquote><p>its kind of our mythical buff.</p><p>You want it changed, you have to give us something else in exhange.</p>

Ilovecows
12-07-2011, 12:36 AM
<p>No not really.  Was any other class given anything when they had their passive taunt/detaunt?  My guardian lost 50% passive taunt when hit!  And did I get anything for that?  No!  why do you think zerkers are so special that they should be given something in return?</p>

Talathion
12-07-2011, 12:51 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>No not really.  Was any other class given anything when they had their passive taunt/detaunt?  My guardian lost 50% passive taunt when hit!  And did I get anything for that?  No!  why do you think zerkers are so special that they should be given something in return?</p></blockquote><p>Its not a taunt, it doesn't critical, its not effected by ability modifier, its not effected by potency, or hate gain.</p>

Ilovecows
12-07-2011, 01:04 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>No not really.  Was any other class given anything when they had their passive taunt/detaunt?  My guardian lost 50% passive taunt when hit!  And did I get anything for that?  No!  why do you think zerkers are so special that they should be given something in return?</p></blockquote><p>Its not a taunt, it doesn't critical, its not effected by ability modifier, its not effected by potency, or hate gain.</p></blockquote><p>You are saying that the passive taunt in the zerker myth isn't a taunt?  And just to let you know, potency, ability mod, crit and hate gain are entirely irrelevent for pvp taunts.</p>

Mustang8259
12-07-2011, 01:37 AM
<p>It would be wise to let anything Tal says go in one ear and out the other, said person is known for having a habit of trolling...  All that aside it most definitly is a "taunt" by definition (it acts to grab agro back to the tank, and could be further clarrified as a "reactive" taunt if it works the way I think you're alluding to and grabs aggro when your struck.  Said person is merely defending his turf and trying to fend of the nerfbat. all fine and good, nobody wants their abilities nerfed, but it most certainly is a "taunt" in that it grabs aggro, regardless of wether or not is affected by AM, +Crit Chance/Bonus. and the like...</p>

Talathion
12-07-2011, 01:43 AM
<p><cite>Mustang8259 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>It would be wise to let anything Tal says go in one ear and out the other, said person is known for having a habit of trolling...  All that aside it most definitly is a "taunt" by definition (it acts to grab agro back to the tank, and could be further clarrified as a "reactive" taunt if it works the way I think you're alluding to and grabs aggro when your struck.  Said person is merely defending his turf and trying to fend of the nerfbat. all fine and good, nobody wants their abilities nerfed, but it most certainly is a "taunt" in that it grabs aggro, regardless of wether or not is affected by AM, +Crit Chance/Bonus. and the like...</p></blockquote><p>it may increase your hate, but it is not a taunt, it simply turns 25% of all damage you take into threat, its not something that procs either, its something that damage you take converts to, this is also after wards of course.</p><p>If it is considered a "taunt" please let my AA's that increase taunts, critical bonus, ability modifer, potency, hate gain also affect this.</p>

Ilovecows
12-07-2011, 01:50 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Mustang8259 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>It would be wise to let anything Tal says go in one ear and out the other, said person is known for having a habit of trolling...  All that aside it most definitly is a "taunt" by definition (it acts to grab agro back to the tank, and could be further clarrified as a "reactive" taunt if it works the way I think you're alluding to and grabs aggro when your struck.  Said person is merely defending his turf and trying to fend of the nerfbat. all fine and good, nobody wants their abilities nerfed, but it most certainly is a "taunt" in that it grabs aggro, regardless of wether or not is affected by AM, +Crit Chance/Bonus. and the like...</p></blockquote><p>it may increase your hate, but it is not a taunt, it simply turns 25% of all damage you take into threat, its not something that procs either, its something that damage you take converts to, this is also after wards of course.</p><p>If it is considered a "taunt" please let my AA's that increase taunts, critical bonus, ability modifer, potency, hate gain also affect this.</p></blockquote><p>In pvp, iirc, it has a 25% or 50% chance ( I haven't been on my zerker in a while) to force the target to lock on to you for 3sec or something of that nature.  In pvp that is what we call a taunt.  We really don't care about pve atm since this is the pvp thread that we are in.  So your whole argument about crit bonus, aa to increase taunts, etc. is invalid in the parameters of this conversation.</p><p>Why is it that whenever i type something in reply to you, in my mind it is in a voice I would use to talk to a slow child?</p>

Talathion
12-07-2011, 01:51 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Mustang8259 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>It would be wise to let anything Tal says go in one ear and out the other, said person is known for having a habit of trolling...  All that aside it most definitly is a "taunt" by definition (it acts to grab agro back to the tank, and could be further clarrified as a "reactive" taunt if it works the way I think you're alluding to and grabs aggro when your struck.  Said person is merely defending his turf and trying to fend of the nerfbat. all fine and good, nobody wants their abilities nerfed, but it most certainly is a "taunt" in that it grabs aggro, regardless of wether or not is affected by AM, +Crit Chance/Bonus. and the like...</p></blockquote><p>it may increase your hate, but it is not a taunt, it simply turns 25% of all damage you take into threat, its not something that procs either, its something that damage you take converts to, this is also after wards of course.</p><p>If it is considered a "taunt" please let my AA's that increase taunts, critical bonus, ability modifer, potency, hate gain also affect this.</p></blockquote><p>In pvp, iirc, it has a 25% or 50% chance ( I haven't been on my zerker in a while) to force the target to lock on to you for 3sec or something of that nature.  In pvp that is what we call a taunt.  We really don't care about pve atm since this is the pvp thread that we are in.  So your whole argument about crit bonus, aa to increase taunts, etc. is invalid in the parameters of this conversation.</p><p>Why is it that whenever i type something in reply to you, in my mind it is in a voice I would use to talk to a slow child?</p></blockquote><p>Actually its 100% chance to make you just to the berserker, it doesn't lock you.</p><p>Its probably insolent gibe thats locking you to the berserker after he takes damage.</p>

Ilovecows
12-07-2011, 02:28 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Mustang8259 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>It would be wise to let anything Tal says go in one ear and out the other, said person is known for having a habit of trolling...  All that aside it most definitly is a "taunt" by definition (it acts to grab agro back to the tank, and could be further clarrified as a "reactive" taunt if it works the way I think you're alluding to and grabs aggro when your struck.  Said person is merely defending his turf and trying to fend of the nerfbat. all fine and good, nobody wants their abilities nerfed, but it most certainly is a "taunt" in that it grabs aggro, regardless of wether or not is affected by AM, +Crit Chance/Bonus. and the like...</p></blockquote><p>it may increase your hate, but it is not a taunt, it simply turns 25% of all damage you take into threat, its not something that procs either, its something that damage you take converts to, this is also after wards of course.</p><p>If it is considered a "taunt" please let my AA's that increase taunts, critical bonus, ability modifer, potency, hate gain also affect this.</p></blockquote><p>In pvp, iirc, it has a 25% or 50% chance ( I haven't been on my zerker in a while) to force the target to lock on to you for 3sec or something of that nature.  In pvp that is what we call a taunt.  We really don't care about pve atm since this is the pvp thread that we are in.  So your whole argument about crit bonus, aa to increase taunts, etc. is invalid in the parameters of this conversation.</p><p>Why is it that whenever i type something in reply to you, in my mind it is in a voice I would use to talk to a slow child?</p></blockquote><p>Actually its 100% chance to make you just to the berserker, it doesn't lock you.</p><p>Its probably insolent gibe thats locking you to the berserker after he takes damage.</p></blockquote><p>Yes, that is insolence gibe that locks you... and i can understand why that one wasn't removed since it is a temp and you need to cast it, but the myth one was definaitly over looked and should be removed from pvp.</p><p>It is my opinion that temps that have taunts/detaunts should be removed as well, but that is a topic for another time.</p>

Talathion
12-07-2011, 02:35 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Mustang8259 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>It would be wise to let anything Tal says go in one ear and out the other, said person is known for having a habit of trolling...  All that aside it most definitly is a "taunt" by definition (it acts to grab agro back to the tank, and could be further clarrified as a "reactive" taunt if it works the way I think you're alluding to and grabs aggro when your struck.  Said person is merely defending his turf and trying to fend of the nerfbat. all fine and good, nobody wants their abilities nerfed, but it most certainly is a "taunt" in that it grabs aggro, regardless of wether or not is affected by AM, +Crit Chance/Bonus. and the like...</p></blockquote><p>it may increase your hate, but it is not a taunt, it simply turns 25% of all damage you take into threat, its not something that procs either, its something that damage you take converts to, this is also after wards of course.</p><p>If it is considered a "taunt" please let my AA's that increase taunts, critical bonus, ability modifer, potency, hate gain also affect this.</p></blockquote><p>In pvp, iirc, it has a 25% or 50% chance ( I haven't been on my zerker in a while) to force the target to lock on to you for 3sec or something of that nature.  In pvp that is what we call a taunt.  We really don't care about pve atm since this is the pvp thread that we are in.  So your whole argument about crit bonus, aa to increase taunts, etc. is invalid in the parameters of this conversation.</p><p>Why is it that whenever i type something in reply to you, in my mind it is in a voice I would use to talk to a slow child?</p></blockquote><p>Actually its 100% chance to make you just to the berserker, it doesn't lock you.</p><p>Its probably insolent gibe thats locking you to the berserker after he takes damage.</p></blockquote><p>Yes, that is insolence gibe that locks you... and i can understand why that one wasn't removed since it is a temp and you need to cast it, but the myth one was definaitly over looked and should be removed from pvp.</p><p>It is my opinion that temps that have taunts/detaunts should be removed as well, but that is a topic for another time.</p></blockquote><p>Your mythical buff should also be removed from PVP as well, in my opinion if thats the case, in my opinion.</p><p>Also, its not a taunt and does not "lock" you to the berserker, it simply forces you to target the berserker if hes damaged, what mostly locks you is our AOE combat arts that increase threat, and gibe, which we can chain because of our short recasts, gibe also lasts along time, with a 2 minute reuse, it lasts about 30 seconds.</p><p>Please don't make up stuff for a class you do not play in hopes of getting it nerfed.</p>

Ilovecows
12-07-2011, 02:48 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Mustang8259 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>It would be wise to let anything Tal says go in one ear and out the other, said person is known for having a habit of trolling...  All that aside it most definitly is a "taunt" by definition (it acts to grab agro back to the tank, and could be further clarrified as a "reactive" taunt if it works the way I think you're alluding to and grabs aggro when your struck.  Said person is merely defending his turf and trying to fend of the nerfbat. all fine and good, nobody wants their abilities nerfed, but it most certainly is a "taunt" in that it grabs aggro, regardless of wether or not is affected by AM, +Crit Chance/Bonus. and the like...</p></blockquote><p>it may increase your hate, but it is not a taunt, it simply turns 25% of all damage you take into threat, its not something that procs either, its something that damage you take converts to, this is also after wards of course.</p><p>If it is considered a "taunt" please let my AA's that increase taunts, critical bonus, ability modifer, potency, hate gain also affect this.</p></blockquote><p>In pvp, iirc, it has a 25% or 50% chance ( I haven't been on my zerker in a while) to force the target to lock on to you for 3sec or something of that nature.  In pvp that is what we call a taunt.  We really don't care about pve atm since this is the pvp thread that we are in.  So your whole argument about crit bonus, aa to increase taunts, etc. is invalid in the parameters of this conversation.</p><p>Why is it that whenever i type something in reply to you, in my mind it is in a voice I would use to talk to a slow child?</p></blockquote><p>Actually its 100% chance to make you just to the berserker, it doesn't lock you.</p><p>Its probably insolent gibe thats locking you to the berserker after he takes damage.</p></blockquote><p>Yes, that is insolence gibe that locks you... and i can understand why that one wasn't removed since it is a temp and you need to cast it, but the myth one was definaitly over looked and should be removed from pvp.</p><p>It is my opinion that temps that have taunts/detaunts should be removed as well, but that is a topic for another time.</p></blockquote><p>Your mythical buff should also be removed from PVP as well, in my opinion if thats the case, in my opinion.</p><p>Also, its not a taunt and does not "lock" you to the berserker, it simply forces you to target the berserker if hes damaged, what mostly locks you is our AOE combat arts that increase threat, and gibe, which we can chain because of our short recasts, gibe also lasts along time, with a 2 minute reuse, it lasts about 30 seconds.</p><p>Please don't make up stuff for a class you do not play in hopes of getting it nerfed.</p></blockquote><p>A taunt that doesn't lock you is still a taunt.  And SOE actually DID remove part of my warlock's myth.  They got rid of the passive detaunt that was there.  So that argument is invalid.</p><p>SOE actually said that they would remove any passive taunt or detaunt.  Forcing someone to switch targets is still a taunt.  Therefore, the part of the zerker myth that forces you to target the zerker should be removed from pvp, as soe said that it would be.</p><p>I'm not making up anything.  I do play a zerker, I have a level 90 one.  If you don't believe me check him on eq2players.  name is ilivecows.</p>

Kimber
12-07-2011, 01:44 PM
<p>Steppen you are arguing with a person that has already stated in numours threads that he does not care about PvP only PvE I can find a few of them for everyone if they like. </p>

Talathion
12-07-2011, 02:21 PM
<p><span style="color: #ffffff; font-family: Times; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; background-color: #000000;">On a damage spell hit this spell has a 12% chance to cast Acid Rain on target of spell.</span><ul ><li style="font-style: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; list-style-image: url(http://images.wikia.com/eq2/images/e/ea/Eq2bullet.gif); padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px initial initial;">Inflicts 547-821 poison damage on target encounter</li><li style="font-style: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; list-style-image: url(http://images.wikia.com/eq2/images/e/ea/Eq2bullet.gif); padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px initial initial;">Decreases threat priority of target encounter by 1 position</li><li style="font-style: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; list-style-image: url(http://images.wikia.com/eq2/images/e/ea/Eq2bullet.gif); padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px initial initial;">Cannot be modified except by direct means</li></ul><div></div><div></div><div>That is actually a detaunt, thats why it was removed.</div><div></div><div>The Berserker mythical is not a taunt.</div><div></div><div>Now if it said: 25% of all Damage done to target's threat is removed, then it would be different.</div></p>

Ahlana
12-07-2011, 02:30 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Steppen you are arguing with a person that has already stated in numours threads that he does not care about PvP only PvE I can find a few of them for everyone if they like. </p></blockquote><p>+1</p><p>And that he was quitting.. and has a habit of making the same thread over and over again. Sometimes even in the same day.</p><p>He is a troll nothing more and SOE would do well to never read a single thread of his. As would all of us (myself included lol) Wish there was forum ignore</p>

Ilovecows
12-07-2011, 07:00 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><span style="line-height: 16px; background-color: #000000; font-family: Times; color: #ffffff; font-size: 13px;">On a damage spell hit this spell has a 12% chance to cast Acid Rain on target of spell.</span><ul><li style="font-style: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; list-style-image: url(http://images.wikia.com/eq2/images/e/ea/Eq2bullet.gif); padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px initial initial;">Inflicts 547-821 poison damage on target encounter</li><li style="font-style: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; list-style-image: url(http://images.wikia.com/eq2/images/e/ea/Eq2bullet.gif); padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px initial initial;">Decreases threat priority of target encounter by 1 position</li><li style="font-style: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; list-style-image: url(http://images.wikia.com/eq2/images/e/ea/Eq2bullet.gif); padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px initial initial;">Cannot be modified except by direct means</li></ul><div></div><div></div><div>That is actually a detaunt, thats why it was removed.</div><div></div><div>The Berserker mythical is not a taunt.</div><div></div><div>Now if it said: 25% of all Damage done to target's threat is removed, then it would be different.</div></p></blockquote><p>The zerker myth is definaitly a taunt.  They didn't say they would remove detaunts, they said they would remove passive detaunts AND taunts.  Look, it is understandable.  No one wants their class to be nerfed.  I get it.  But SOE removed passive taunts and detaunts from all other classes (afaik) that had them, therefore the zerker myth taunt should also be removed.</p>

Ilovecows
12-07-2011, 07:09 PM
<p>and to correct the previous mis-information regarding the zerker myth and what it does.  I logged onto my zerker just a couple moments ago, and the buff clearly says:</p><p>Has a 33% chance to force players who hate the berserker to target them for 3 seconds.</p><p>That is what is defined as a passive taunt.  Therefore, it should be removed.</p><p>Also, it was pointed out to me that gibe is not a force lock it is just a switch target although that is irrelevent to the point about the myth.</p>

dellaripa
12-07-2011, 07:41 PM
<p>If I was a zerker I would crusade to get it removed.  Heck, after a lot of pvping as a guardian I learned to love the "nerf" of our passive taunts.  Less taunts mean less quick/certain death. </p><p>Pretty sad isn't it?  The fact is currently warriors in full reinforced pvp gear and crit mit adornments can die in less than 10 seconds to a pvp armor/instance geared scout. </p>