PDA

View Full Version : Why warfields caused the decline of pvp

Ilovecows
11-30-2011, 02:42 AM
<p>So it is my opinion that warfields are the reason that there are so few players on Nagafen left who actually pvp.  Without the adition of the warfields, i believe that pvp would still be popular.  First off, they more or less forced people to go to a specific area at a specific time and only for a small amount of time.  Before the wf, people would travel around to find pvp, and there would be people out there.  Even right when the wf came out, there were still people going to them and they weren't too bad.</p><p>The problem was, they encouraged people to go to the winning side so that they could get the free tokens.  With all of the people on one side, most people got bored eventually and just straight up quit.  Does anyone but me remember when you would go to the antonica wf and there would be 100+ freeps or Qs.  Now when you go there, you will be lucky to see 30 people on either side.  And just as lucky to see more than 2 groups of people at any one time fighting.  This is the result of warfields.  They were not a good idea.</p><p>My suggestion for a fix would be to remove the warfields, and then make new quests in overland zones across all level ranges that require you to travel around in open zones and in open dungeons with great rewards, with the last few quests requiring you to enter hm raid zones for the rewards.  That way people will be traveling around in the open world, and people will be traveling around again to complete writs and get tokens.  Also, add in new jewelery and weapons that are better in pvp than the raid gear currently is.  I doubt anyone can deny that as it currently stands the raid jewelery and weapons are better than the current pvp gear.  This way people will want to go around and get pvp tokens through writs and through quests to get worthwhile and helpful rewards.</p>

Winter12345
11-30-2011, 04:12 AM
<p><div><p>IMO, People need to realize that while Battlegrounds and Warfields had a significant effect on PvP, there are SEVERAL other factors that caused the death of worldwide PvP. It may not seem obvious, but the introduction of l<strong>evel locking, XP-AA bar, leaper mounts, snares that still have not been increased </strong>have also ALL contributed to the lack of PvP.</p> <p><strong>XP-AA bar</strong>:</p> <p>-the introduction of this enabled players with higher alts to grind out the AA on their lower level alts to the maximum level by grinding in locked instances such as Splitpaw, etc. This completely killed the <span style="text-decoration: underline;">old method of doing quests</span>. No one needed to go out into the OPEN world and do quests, which completely depleted all of the quest zones. In my honest opinion, the XP-AA conversion should be taken out. This would force people to quest to get their aa, which in turn would stimulate open world pvp as people would be out in the old zones. Furthermore, it would actually make PvP fairer for those who don't have the money to spend on a PL or higher alts to grind their AA, as it would put everyone on the same playing field.</p> <p><strong>Level Locking</strong></p> <p>-Level Locking in essence allowed people to play one tier and one tier only, t4. There is no other tier, (other that t9) that has anywhere near the population level as t4. The way it is now, to be GURANTEED to find PvP, you either lock an alt in T4 or level to T9. In my opinion, this is tragic, as the days of leveling through new tiers and ALWAYS finding someone to fight was much a much better experience than coming out every 2 hours to find the same people in the same tier. If level locking was taken out, it would also kill the boredom of having to wait for new gear every new expansion when one could be busy gathering tokens to gear themselves out in the successive tier. </p><p><strong>Introduction of Leaper/Glider Mounts + Broken Snares</strong></p><p>-These mounts were poorly put into PvP. Leapers and Gliders pretty much give complete immunity to anyone who uses them. While there is a 50% chance to break their function, SNARES in its current state still does NOTHING to counteract speeds of 70%+. This has had a drastic effect on PvP as no one wants to waste their time chasing people flying or leaping through countless zones. Back then, when the fastest mount possible was only 60% or so, snares would really make someone have to try to save themselves. </p></div></p>

Ilovecows
11-30-2011, 04:30 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><div><p>IMO, People need to realize that while Battlegrounds and Warfields had a significant effect on PvP, there are SEVERAL other factors that caused the death of worldwide PvP. It may not seem obvious, but the introduction of l<strong>evel locking, XP-AA bar, leaper mounts, snares that still have not been increased </strong>have also ALL contributed to the lack of PvP.</p><p><strong>XP-AA bar</strong>:</p><p>-the introduction of this enabled players with higher alts to grind out the AA on their lower level alts to the maximum level by grinding in locked instances such as Splitpaw, etc. This completely killed the <span style="text-decoration: underline;">old method of doing quests</span>. No one needed to go out into the OPEN world and do quests, which completely depleted all of the quest zones. In my honest opinion, the XP-AA conversion should be taken out. This would force people to quest to get their aa, which in turn would stimulate open world pvp as people would be out in the old zones. Furthermore, it would actually make PvP fairer for those who don't have the money to spend on a PL or higher alts to grind their AA, as it would put everyone on the same playing field.</p><p><strong>Level Locking</strong></p><p>-Level Locking in essence allowed people to play one tier and one tier only, t4. There is no other tier, (other that t9) that has anywhere near the population level as t4. The way it is now, to be GURANTEED to find PvP, you either lock an alt in T4 or level to T9. In my opinion, this is tragic, as the days of leveling through new tiers and ALWAYS finding someone to fight was much a much better experience than coming out every 2 hours to find the same people in the same tier. If level locking was taken out, it would also kill the boredom of having to wait for new gear every new expansion when one could be busy gathering tokens to gear themselves out in the successive tier. </p><p><strong>Introduction of Leaper/Glider Mounts + Broken Snares</strong></p><p>-These mounts were poorly put into PvP. Leapers and Gliders pretty much give complete immunity to anyone who uses them. While there is a 50% chance to break their function, SNARES in its current state still does NOTHING to counteract speeds of 70%+. This has had a drastic effect on PvP as no one wants to waste their time chasing people flying or leaping through countless zones. Back then, when the fastest mount possible was only 60% or so, snares would really make someone have to try to save themselves. </p></div></p></blockquote><p>I definaitly agree with all of these.  The flying mounts in general just need to be gone from pvp servers.  IMO there is no way to properly impliment it, unless maybe they made it if you get hit you can't fly or jump away.  The current supposed 50% chance is really not 50% chance.  I have often hit someone on a leaper 30+ times and then they just jump away.</p><p>I also agree that they should take away the xp-aa bar on the pvp server, along with taking away the ability to block quest xp.  It was fun then, leveling through tiers finding pvp everywhere.</p><p>Also added to this list I would say the tiered lower level pvp gear was a huge mistake as well.  That is part of what made it hard to level up.  When gear all varied in levels and there wasn't such a huge gear desperaty between levels you wouldn't need to regear every tier.  It was a much better system.</p><p>So in short, remove warfields, flying mounts, xp-aa slider, quest xp locker, and pvp gear below 65.</p>

piro
11-30-2011, 12:16 PM
<p>I do agree with you on the wf thing but the mounts and runners not so much. people will run for various reasons, maybe they dont wanna fight or know your better than them. whatever the reason to me its better to run than to be a free update for someone, i mean atleast i personally will make you work for it, except when getting pew pew pew then im usually down and out before i realize what happen lol.</p><p>totally agree with the snare thing increase snare's and roots no need to nerf just bring more ways and betters ways of stopping people for longer. we have pots and abilities to remove these effects, if your to slow to use em then you die.</p><p>as far as level locking goes i personally dont see any issue with this, to me the lower teirs are much easier to be competitive in than t9. if you think of the people from harcore to casual in a t4 settings it is much much easier for casual player to be just as effective as someone who plays 8 hours aday lol.</p><p>Fact is we have a lowering population and things in the game that set timers to play ie wf , these things are what kill open world pvp not level lockers or runners. what we need to do is come up with ways of increaseing reasons to go out into the world like the quest ideas.</p>