PDA

View Full Version : Frostfell


Aerfen
11-21-2011, 05:30 PM
<p>I noticed that NoTD was put on Test nearly a month before it went live, but I haven't heard anything about when Frostfell will be on Test.  Last year it was on Live from Dec. 7-Jan.10, so I'm wondering if I missed the announcement that it's on Test?  I'd really love to see what Santa Glug has in store for us!</p>

darwich
11-21-2011, 05:35 PM
SOE is really the grinch in real life and wont share any frostfell news!!

GussJr
11-21-2011, 05:36 PM
<p><cite>darwich wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>SOE is really the grinch in real life and wont share any frostfell news!!</blockquote><p><img src="/eq2/images/smilies/2786c5c8e1a8be796fb2f726cca5a0fe.gif" border="0" /></p>

Katttara
11-21-2011, 06:15 PM
<p>I've been searching the news, the fan sites, the search engines even, checking the calendar, and logged into test day before yesterday and nada. But I can tell you that its later than ever for test. It was anywhere between last week and first week of Nov on test previous years. Guess everyone that works there is busy working on expansion. Must have less employees than last year, because they brought out Velious and it was even bigger, and had frostfell on test already.  <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p>Awaiting anxiously myself, so I can start on my Frostfell/Christmas/Winter/Santa Wonderland.</p><p>I will keep checking it all though, and let anyone know if I happen to spot something that any are unaware of.</p><p>{{Crossing fingers and holding baited breath}}</p><p>=)</p>

snarlycarly
11-21-2011, 06:23 PM
<p><cite>Katttara wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I've been searching the news, the fan sites, the search engines even, checking the calendar, and logged into test day before yesterday and nada. But I can tell you that its later than ever for test. It was anywhere between last week and first week of Nov on test previous years. Guess everyone that works there is busy working on expansion. Must have less employees than last year, because they brought out Velious and it was even bigger, and had frostfell on test already.  <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" /></p><p>Me too!  It's my favorite time of the EQ year!! </p></blockquote>

Cloudrat
11-21-2011, 07:08 PM
<p>I am still waiting for my treetopper<img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p><img src="http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii240/Aeryal/Atreetopper.jpg" width="338" height="501" /></p>

CorpseGoddess
11-21-2011, 09:32 PM
<p><cite>Cloudrat wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I am still waiting for my treetopper<img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></p><p><img src="http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii240/Aeryal/Atreetopper.jpg" width="338" height="501" /></p></blockquote><p>Cloud--you are so darn cute, you even melt my gothy black heart.  <3</p>

grlnxtdr30
11-21-2011, 09:45 PM
<p>I wish they'd bring back the Snow Globes, maybe with new scenes. I loved those...</p>

Mezaka
11-21-2011, 09:51 PM
<p><cite>Cloudrat wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I am still waiting for my treetopper<img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></p><p><img src="http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii240/Aeryal/Atreetopper.jpg" width="338" height="501" /></p></blockquote><p>You know, I'd actually love to have a mini-Cloudrat tree topper. <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p>Or, if nothing else, the ability to make mannequin where you could load an illusion of a race to make your own tree topper.</p><p>--Mez</p>

Brutalicus
11-21-2011, 09:56 PM
<p>Id like the same but make them more lifelike like a plushie not stiff as a board like the manaquins.</p>

Katttara
11-22-2011, 12:05 AM
<p>Wow cloud, you make a lovely tree angel!  =)  I'd quest for it/buy it/etc.</p><p>Wanna come stand in my house on my tree?  LOL</p>

Katz
11-22-2011, 11:37 AM
<p><cite>grlnxtdr30 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I wish they'd bring back the Snow Globes, maybe with new scenes. I loved those...</p></blockquote><p>I too wish this.  I didn't start playing until after those were given out.  I'd really love to collect them.  I hope someday they make them available again.</p>

GussJr
11-22-2011, 11:59 AM
<p><cite>[email protected]_old wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><cite></cite>You know, I'd actually love to have a mini-Cloudrat tree topper. <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></blockquote><p>+1 <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/e8a506dc4ad763aca51bec4ca7dc8560.gif" border="0" /></p>

Mistal
11-22-2011, 12:19 PM
<p>I am also eagerly awaiting new on frostfell ... can't wait to see what is coming out this year <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </p>

Dawnstrike
11-22-2011, 01:06 PM
<p>Is there still no Frostfell on test today?</p>

Brutalicus
11-22-2011, 10:27 PM
<p>Id like to see a cloudrat treetopper as well Id put it on my tree.</p>

Katttara
11-22-2011, 10:38 PM
<p><cite>Dawnstrike wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Is there still no Frostfell on test today?</p></blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] Bazaar wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Arbreth wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Give me an empty Frostfell wonderland to build in, include the slidy ice please!</p></blockquote><p>+1!</p><p>And by the way, I asked Kaitheel about Frostfell and when/if it would be on test this year, and he told me that it was just pushed to the beta server today.  It apparently has to be tested on the beta server because of the Freeport revamp.  He didn't mention whether anything new is added this year or not.</p></blockquote><p>Thats from the other thread (wishlist)</p><p>Made me really sad. Moved far from home, and have no family this year for thanksgiving, and won't do holidays without son in my life, so was going to hop onto test and immerse myself in the festivities to distract myself on Thursday. So no Frostfell to enjoy that day now, and no beta call either. Thanks SOE, for taking what I was going to have. =(</p><p>Feel like we've been gyped all the way around =(</p>

Catria
11-23-2011, 12:03 AM
<p>Wish I had beta access.  <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" />  Would be nice if they would send another round of invites tomorrow so people can beta test while they digest.  LOL!</p>

clairebear
11-23-2011, 06:00 AM
<p>As there is an NDA on Beta, does that mean we won't know if there is anything new (quest or item-wise) with Frostfell until it goes live? That would be a shame.</p>

darwich
11-23-2011, 08:09 AM
frostfell isnt beta... it would go on test..

clairebear
11-23-2011, 08:33 AM
<p><cite>darwich wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>frostfell isnt beta... it would go on test..</blockquote><p>See above post: "And by the way, I asked Kaitheel about Frostfell and when/if it would be on test this year, and he told me that it was just pushed to the beta server today.  It apparently has to be tested on the beta server because of the Freeport revamp.  "</p>

Absyntheea
11-23-2011, 09:34 AM
<p>It went to beta? Crappy! <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

darwich
11-23-2011, 09:36 AM
<p>frostfell beta?? .. man comon i want my frostfell!! ive been wearing the snappy xmas clothes for 2 weeks now! lol</p>

Katz
11-23-2011, 09:40 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Id like to see a cloudrat treetopper as well Id put it on my tree.</p></blockquote><p>Me too!</p>

Catria
11-23-2011, 11:12 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>As there is an NDA on Beta, does that mean we won't know if there is anything new (quest or item-wise) with Frostfell until it goes live? That would be a shame.</p></blockquote><p>NDA is traditionally lifted approximately a week before an expack goes live.  So you would at least get that much notice.  However, since Kaitheel also didn't give me a date that Frostfell was heading to live servers it's anyone's guess.</p>

PR3CIOUS77
11-23-2011, 11:16 AM
<p><cite>Cloudrat wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I am still waiting for my treetopper<img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></p><p><img src="http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii240/Aeryal/Atreetopper.jpg" width="338" height="501" /></p></blockquote><p>Ill post what Ive came up with lol</p>

PR3CIOUS77
11-23-2011, 11:24 AM
<p><cite>Cloudrat wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I am still waiting for my treetopper<img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></p><p><img src="http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii240/Aeryal/Atreetopper.jpg" width="338" height="501" /></p></blockquote><p>Ive been using manniquins with fancy  outfits and different wings for all mine, Im quite surprized I havent seen it done yet!!</p><p>Crappy PIc of one, im far from finished,  I have to hide some things lol yet!</p><p><img src="http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f48/precious_jewel_77/EQ2_000123.png" /></p>

Arbreth
11-23-2011, 11:58 AM
<p>I want a Cloudrat tree topper!</p>

SecrAtive Girl
11-23-2011, 12:25 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Ive been using manniquins with fancy  outfits and different wings for all mine, Im quite surprized I havent seen it done yet!!</p><p>Crappy PIc of one, im far from finished,  I have to hide some things lol yet!</p><p><img src="http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f48/precious_jewel_77/EQ2_000123.png" /></p></blockquote><p>oh that's a great idea! ji might actually do up a frostfell house this year and use this idea!</p>

Aerfen
11-23-2011, 08:08 PM
<p>Cloudrat you make an excellent tree topper!!</p><p>So...I'm not thrilled with the Frostfell news.  That being said, doesn't the NDA get lifted soon-ish?  And when it does, anyone who has been on beta is officially tasked with posting your Frostfell findings!</p><p><img src="/eq2/images/smilies/ed515dbff23a0ee3241dcc0a601c9ed6.gif" border="0" />  Aery</p>

Katsi
11-24-2011, 03:03 PM
<p>There also is the frozen Valkyrie or the light frosted statue of Erolisi that could be used as a tree topper.  Is there a non-frozen plushie of a Valkyrie, (not pet)?</p><p>~ Cerilynn</p>

Eveningsong
11-24-2011, 03:30 PM
<p>I made my own angel tree topper last year <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />  It would be awesome to have an angel mouse one though!</p><p><img src="http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i192/eveningsong/EQ2/guildhall/ff2010_tree2.jpg" width="800" height="414" /></p><p><img src="http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i192/eveningsong/EQ2/guildhall/ff2010_angel.jpg" width="800" height="400" /></p>

megsie
11-25-2011, 01:24 AM
Anyone have any news on when Frostfell is coming to Test or to Live? I can't find anything. I'm desperate for Frostfell goodness <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Katttara
11-25-2011, 04:03 AM
<p><cite>megsie wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>Anyone have any news on when Frostfell is coming to Test or to Live? I can't find anything. I'm desperate for Frostfell goodness <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" /></blockquote><p>You might not have caught an earlier post but, I pasted this:</p><p><cite>[email protected] Bazaar wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Arbreth wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Give me an empty Frostfell wonderland to build in, include the slidy ice please!</p></blockquote><p>+1!</p><p>And by the way, I asked Kaitheel about Frostfell and when/if it would be on test this year, and he told me that it was just pushed to the beta server today.  It apparently has to be tested on the beta server because of the Freeport revamp.  He didn't mention whether anything new is added this year or not.</p></blockquote><p>Thats from the other thread (wishlist)...</p><p>What I read in that is, there is a good chance that this year Frostfell is bypassing Test and going from beta directly to live/ext because of its new freeport content being involved. I too was very sad and unhappy about this news, espec since most seemed to have not been called to Beta. I was looking forward to Beta, and helping out/feedback. I used to beta test much older software like mirc and such, and found it to be a rewarding experience. Very disappointing that so few are being asked thus far.</p><p>We may just have to wait for Decemeber for Frostfell and might not see on test this year. Big Bummer! <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Katttara
11-25-2011, 04:06 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Cloudrat wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I am still waiting for my treetopper<img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></p><p><img src="http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii240/Aeryal/Atreetopper.jpg" width="338" height="501" /></p></blockquote><p>Ive been using manniquins with fancy  outfits and different wings for all mine, Im quite surprized I havent seen it done yet!!</p><p>Crappy PIc of one, im far from finished,  I have to hide some things lol yet!</p><p><img src="http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f48/precious_jewel_77/EQ2_000123.png" /></p></blockquote><p>GMTA =)  I have been fiddling with a special themed tree that is using a mannequin (as an angel) and wings and such, but with a special twist to fit the theme of the tree. Hope to finish sometime soon and share. =)</p><p>Is that 2 mannequins blended? Really wish we could use differ races and such like with the npc's in guilds. Quite frankly, since cloud posted, loving the angelic ratonga look...or a fae angel too =)</p>

Aiana
11-25-2011, 05:15 PM
<p><cite>Cloudrat wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I am still waiting for my treetopper<img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></p><p><img src="http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii240/Aeryal/Atreetopper.jpg" width="338" height="501" /></p></blockquote><p>LOL Too cute!</p>

PR3CIOUS77
11-28-2011, 06:51 PM
<p><cite>Katttara wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Cloudrat wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I am still waiting for my treetopper<img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /></p><p><img src="http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii240/Aeryal/Atreetopper.jpg" width="338" height="501" /></p></blockquote><p>Ive been using manniquins with fancy  outfits and different wings for all mine, Im quite surprized I havent seen it done yet!!</p><p>Crappy PIc of one, im far from finished,  I have to hide some things lol yet!</p><p><img src="http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f48/precious_jewel_77/EQ2_000123.png" /></p></blockquote><p>GMTA =)  I have been fiddling with a special themed tree that is using a mannequin (as an angel) and wings and such, but with a special twist to fit the theme of the tree. Hope to finish sometime soon and share. =)</p><p>Is that 2 mannequins blended? Really wish we could use differ races and such like with the npc's in guilds. Quite frankly, since cloud posted, loving the angelic ratonga look...or a fae angel too =)</p></blockquote><p>yes I had used 2 blended, I have a few unique looking toppers that Ive create!!! <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>