PDA

View Full Version : question about multiple copies of books

Wynndi
11-21-2011, 05:12 AM
<p>I have been reading and reading and I cannot find an answer to a question I have had.  Why can I buy some books as house items and not others. I have completed several book quests but the sage in FP still won't sell me extra copies for some of them, only the one for the quest(which is already done). Sometimes I can buy extra and sometimes I cannot. I have a project I was wanting to do but I need a variety of different types of books. As of right now there are only about ten different models I can work with.  I have tried doing book quests for different models but I usually only get the one as a reward and cannot buy any more. Is there a vendor I don't know about or something I am not doing? Please forgive me if this has been covered before.  As I said, I have been searching for an answer but cannot find one.</p>

retro_guy
11-21-2011, 06:03 AM
<p>I think I may have your answer:</p><p>Back in the beginning books counted toward item count in your house.</p><p>Eventually the Lovely Domino, then a lowly Tradeskill Dev, went through, mostly in her own time and changed book quests so the book given would not count toward the house item count. She then placed copies of the books for sale on the merchant so those with old books (who had completed the quest and received a book that counted toward house total), could dump the book and replace it with a (no item count) book.</p><p>However she didn't get every one, older/obscure book quests still count toward the item count, and not every book was put on the merchant, she did a good job of getting most of them, but not all.</p><p>So the books you can buy (for 1cp) are simply to replace those from quests that still count toward house item count. </p>

Bratface
11-21-2011, 10:15 PM
<p>What books have you quested that you cannot get on the sage?</p><p>There are many ways to get books, not all of which are available on the sage.</p><p>Books that grant status reduction are not available unless that changed, and special books (like the book of days past) are not available and never have been.</p>

Dawnstrike
11-22-2011, 01:08 PM
<p>Where can we get the no item count books?  The concordium?</p>