PDA

View Full Version : Existing sub who bought DOV xpac, as F2P will I still have access to DOV?

Rick777
11-16-2011, 10:48 AM
<p>I apologize if this is in another thread, I've been following the forum the past couple of days and did not see this question specificially come up.  I have 2 accounts currently, I paid for the DOV xpac on both of them.  I'm seriously considering going silver and just paying for gear upgrades, honestly I was going to just let my subs lapse and never play them again but now with the F2P option at least I can login occasionally which is pretty cool.</p><p>So what happens to my DOV access if I go F2P?  I know there has been a lot of back and forth on the fairness of disabling features when a sub goes to a F2P account, but this seems different in that I actually paid real money for a box.  Has there been an official answer to this yet?</p>

screenid
11-16-2011, 10:53 AM
<p>You will still have access to DOV. </p>

Rick777
11-16-2011, 10:58 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] Bazaar wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>You will still have access to DOV. </p></blockquote><p>Thank you, that's good to know.</p>

screenid
11-16-2011, 11:00 AM
<p>From the FTP oveview page   <a href="http://everquest2.com/free_to_play/game_overview">http://everquest2.com/free_to_play/game_overview</a></p><p><sup>1</sup> Full Access consists of game world access through EverQuest II Sentinel's Fate®. <strong>You will always maintain access to any expansion that you have purchased.</strong></p>

Rick777
11-16-2011, 11:11 AM
<p>I'm assuming I should also have access to the DOV content they are releasing as GU's as well?</p>

Nikta
11-16-2011, 11:17 AM
<p><cite>Rick777 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I'm assuming I should also have access to the DOV content they are releasing as GU's as well?</p></blockquote><p>According to what Smokey said, yep. You purchased the expansion and anyone who did gets those GU's for no further charge.</p>

Banditman
11-17-2011, 10:58 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>According to what Smokey said, yep. You purchased the expansion and anyone who did gets those GU's for no further charge.</p></blockquote><p>This thinking is very concerning to me.  People are starting to put a "value" on GU's.  GU's have always been free, and they should always be free.  Which leads me to wonder how in the world they justify AoD being considered an expansion.</p><p>Look, when SOE takes the time to add new continents, new levels, new abilities, new itemization (try not to laugh), etc . . . well, I'm ok with paying for it.  However, new "features" being added and then charged for seems like a slippery slope to charging for GU's.</p><p>And yea, no matter what SOE tries to say, they won't win this point.  Remember, the Marketplace wasn't a slippery slope to FTP either, according to Smed.</p>

Nolrog
11-17-2011, 12:13 PM
<p><cite>Rick777 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>I paid for the DOV xpac on both of them. </blockquote><p>The way I understand it, anything you paid for, you keep no matter your subscription level.</p>

Rick777
11-17-2011, 03:51 PM
<p><cite>Banditman wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>According to what Smokey said, yep. You purchased the expansion and anyone who did gets those GU's for no further charge.</p></blockquote><p>This thinking is very concerning to me.  People are starting to put a "value" on GU's.  GU's have always been free, and they should always be free.  Which leads me to wonder how in the world they justify AoD being considered an expansion.</p><p>Look, when SOE takes the time to add new continents, new levels, new abilities, new itemization (try not to laugh), etc . . . well, I'm ok with paying for it.  However, new "features" being added and then charged for seems like a slippery slope to charging for GU's.</p><p>And yea, no matter what SOE tries to say, they won't win this point.  Remember, the Marketplace wasn't a slippery slope to FTP either, according to Smed.</p></blockquote><p>I've always put value in the GU's, I figured thats where part of my sub fee went.  They are never "free", they have to be subsidized somewhere along the line, whether thru subs or thru station cash or possibly from xpac income.  I do agree though that AOD is NOT an expansion.  I was originally going to get it because of the AA, but if they don't increase the AA limits in the AA branches then I really have very little use for more AA. </p><p>I don't doubt though that we may see things like the old paid GU's where you pay a small fee to access a single dungeon or something like that.  It may be more of a tiered system like DDO, or SOE may just want to push everyone to get a taste of crack with F2p and entice them to become a gold sub.</p><p>The thing is I have never minded paying, it's just this last 1-2 years where I've started to become resistant to paying anymore.  It just seems like the important stuff like itemization is ignored, they make a program to handle itemization automatically and it screws everything up, then they never fix it, it just shows me how little they care about what is a HUGE motivating force behind a lot of players actually playing the game.  On top of that they keep adding these "features" instead of just making the game stronger.  Even though they are saying we are getting "free" content with the GU's I just can't help but feel thouroughly ripped off with what AOD offers as a paid xpac.</p>

Deveryn
11-17-2011, 04:20 PM
<p><cite>Banditman wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>According to what Smokey said, yep. You purchased the expansion and anyone who did gets those GU's for no further charge.</p></blockquote><p>This thinking is very concerning to me.  People are starting to put a "value" on GU's.  GU's have always been free, and they should always be free.  Which leads me to wonder how in the world they justify AoD being considered an expansion.</p><p>Look, when SOE takes the time to add new continents, new levels, new abilities, new itemization (try not to laugh), etc . . . well, I'm ok with paying for it.  However, new "features" being added and then charged for seems like a slippery slope to charging for GU's.</p><p>And yea, no matter what SOE tries to say, they won't win this point.  Remember, the Marketplace wasn't a slippery slope to FTP either, according to Smed.</p></blockquote><p>They stated a while back that they were going in this direction. Expansions would soon be totally <em><strong>optional</strong></em> packages and new zones and quests will be offered for <em><strong>free</strong></em>. People seem to forget the problem that existed with the old expansion model, where people got left behind if they couldn't pay for it. They wanted to change that. You can continue playing the game for free or for your 15/month <em><strong>without having to purchase AoD</strong></em>. Again, there is nothing in that feature pack that will be critical to progress in the game and keeping up with your raiding guild.</p><p>If you don't find value in something, you don't have to buy it.</p>

Lathain_Sarathai
11-18-2011, 08:49 AM
<p>DoV without gear, is not that great deal lol.</p><p>The 2 starting isle was way much better than ... this.</p><p>Be bothered by free player and by soe who want dollars every second is not game anymore. With bug that are never fixed since only marketplace count.</p>