PDA

View Full Version : Character Level Requirement for Rating Homes Before F2P??


DreaddJester
11-13-2011, 01:14 PM
<p>Perhaps I am mistaken but as I understand it, currently any character of any level can enter and rate any home.  I believe that before or when the Free to Play merger occurs there needs to be a better way of doing it.  If the above is true then there is nothing to stop a player from creating fake free email accounts then creating as many free accounts as they would like to run around rating their own homes.  I suspect that it probably has already been done to a degree with free 15 day trial accounts but those are somewhat limited.  When F2P comes a persons free accounts will stick around forever able to alter ratings on their houses or their friends houses.</p><p>At first I thought that perhaps simply banning free accounts from rating would do it.  However, even with that you'd probably still see people willing to pay a bit of money to upgrade for a month to alter ratings.  It's still limiting but perhaps not enough.  Easiest solution is to place a level requirement on a character before they can rate homes.  This makes the account need to be played before it can rate homes and also gives the new player time to see a few houses and what makes one good vs bad before they start rating.  Level 20 is pretty common but honestly one can hit 20 in a weekend if they know what they're doing.  I'd like to see it up around level 30 or 40 to show some true dedication to the account to be honest but any level requirement will help.</p>

Gaealiege
11-13-2011, 01:18 PM
<p>I don't decorate or rate homes, but if what you're saying is in fact true, then this does need changed.  Chain making accounts to win best house seems to be a blatant enough exploit.</p>

yohann koldheart
11-13-2011, 01:31 PM
<p>probably better they make it a sub level requirement.</p><p>like a gold only perc  .   free players definitely should not be able to do it cause of the exploit factor.</p>

Raienya
11-13-2011, 03:36 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I don't decorate or rate homes, but if what you're saying is in fact true, then this does need changed.  Chain making accounts to win best house seems to be a blatant enough exploit.</p></blockquote><p>This is already happening, with the opposite effect. People are making multiple characters/accounts, going into a house to rate it, and trashing it just to be mean. I thought I read something where the "star" system was going to be replaced by something else, but don't remember exactly what. Because for the people who love to decorate, and spend hours doing so, having "junk" ratings just stinks.</p>

Cloudrat
11-13-2011, 04:52 PM
<p>It is already one vote per account and only paid subs. Freebies can't rate on extended and there is no reason to think they will be able to here.</p>

GussJr
11-13-2011, 04:58 PM
<p><cite>Cloudrat wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>It is already one vote per account and only paid subs. Freebies can't rate on extended and there is no reason to think they will be able to here.</p></blockquote><p>Thats good to know. ...someone went on a half star rating spree the other night.</p>

Cloudrat
11-13-2011, 05:36 PM
<p><cite>GussJr wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Cloudrat wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>It is already one vote per account and only paid subs. Freebies can't rate on extended and there is no reason to think they will be able to here.</p></blockquote><p>Thats good to know. ...someone went on a half star rating spree the other night.</p></blockquote><p>Yeah that is always a problem<img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />  Many have suggested a like /no vote  the way facebook works but the powers that be don't see that as the way to go<img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>