PDA

View Full Version : Existing multi-month subs?

Aliscious
11-11-2011, 05:29 PM
<p>Hello. I can't seem to find the answer and the FAQ is unclear. I just want to know exactly how much I will be paying after the FTP conversion.</p><p>If I currently have a multi-month subscription and continue to pay without interruption, will that price be honored after my current cycle ends?</p><p>The FAQ says "Membership will continue to recur as originally specified by the subscription." If "originally specified" means that the price is only good through the current cycle, then it would appear that my price will go up $3/mo/account after the conversion.</p>

Maisland
11-12-2011, 02:06 PM
<p>They have said that the prices will remain the same as what current live subscribers pay.</p>

Aliscious
11-12-2011, 02:13 PM
<p>Link please? I'd think that should be added to the pricing matrix.</p>

feldon30
11-12-2011, 03:40 PM
<p>I couldn't find a solid answer on this either.</p><p>In SmokeJumper's Producer's Letter, he said you can pay 3, 6, or 12 months in advance for convenience, but didn't mention the existing discounts.</p>

melaine_dvarvensplitter
11-12-2011, 05:36 PM
<p>I am curious to know that since I use a 12 month recurring, will I get the 500 SC from Dec until my renewal date in April?</p>

Banedon_Toran
11-12-2011, 05:39 PM
<p>AFAIK all the reoccurring rates are unchanged, what is happening is that they are adding a free and silver sub level to the existing options already available on live.</p>

agentsix
11-12-2011, 05:46 PM
<p><cite>melaine_dvarvensplitter wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I am curious to know that since I use a 12 month recurring, will I get the 500 SC from Dec until my renewal date in April?</p></blockquote><p>Yes.</p><p><cite>SOE-Brasse wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>SmokeJumper wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>This announcement won't answer *all* questions, but it does answer the four most prevalent questions that were asked on the forums last night and today. Please check it out!</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=509183�" target="_blank">http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...83?</a></p></blockquote><p>Im still wondering for those of us on a long sub at moment, for instance myself im just in 4th month of my year sub. When this all rolls over, do people like myself get the station cash bonus on the recurring months starting in Demember or beyond? If this was answered i apologize.</p></blockquote><p>You will be transitioned into a "recurring Gold membership" for the remainder of your year-long subscription, which will indeed start granting you 500 SC each month after the game becomes Free To Play.  =)</p></blockquote>

feldon30
11-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Brasse's response really addresses the StationCash more than the monthly cost. I mean, they're not gonna start charging $14.99/mo for someone who already paid 12 months in advance. To date we don't have a quote addressing this issue.

Masako
11-12-2011, 07:10 PM
<p><cite>feldon30 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I couldn't find a solid answer on this either.</p><p>In SmokeJumper's Producer's Letter, he said you can pay 3, 6, or 12 months in advance for convenience, but didn't mention the existing discounts.</p></blockquote><p>Yeah, I read this too but couldn't find any information regarding discounts on future subs paid in advance.</p><p>Without any clear answer,<em> </em>as it stands it <em>looks</em> like once your current sub ends, <em>then</em> you will be paying $14.99/mo. You will be getting 500SC every month as soon as the F2P changes go in. As one thread was looking at it, that's like getting $5 back every month. I could see why they wouldn't do discounts when 500SC is being offered, but let's hope a red name can come in and clarify this.</p>

Banedon_Toran
11-12-2011, 07:18 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>feldon30 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I couldn't find a solid answer on this either.</p><p>In SmokeJumper's Producer's Letter, he said you can pay 3, 6, or 12 months in advance for convenience, but didn't mention the existing discounts.</p></blockquote><p>Yeah, I read this too but couldn't find any information regarding discounts on future subs paid in advance.</p><p>Without any clear answer,<em> </em>as it stands it <em>looks</em> like once your current sub ends, <em>then</em> you will be paying $14.99/mo. You will be getting 500SC every month as soon as the F2P changes go in. As one thread was looking at it, that's like getting $5 back every month. I could see why they wouldn't do discounts when 500SC is being offered, but let's hope a red name can come in and clarify this.</p></blockquote><p>It's in Smoke's post (in a locked topic so can't quote it... grr)</p><p><p style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: #cae0e6; background-color: #07161e;">3) Do recurring subscriptions get a 500SC bonus grant per month?</p><p style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: #cae0e6; background-color: #07161e; padding-left: 30px;"><span style="color: #339966;"><strong>The answer is "yes".</strong></span> All durations of <strong>recurring</strong> Gold memberships (1-, 3-, 6-, and 12-month) get 500SC granted to them each month. (NOTE: This is a perk for recurring memberships only. Non-recurring memberships do not get this grant.)</p></p><p>As described above, recurring Gold memberships will come in 1, 3 6 and 12 month varieties.</p>

Masako
11-12-2011, 07:44 PM
<p><cite>Banedon_Toran wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>feldon30 wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I couldn't find a solid answer on this either.</p><p>In SmokeJumper's Producer's Letter, he said you can pay 3, 6, or 12 months in advance for convenience, but didn't mention the existing discounts.</p></blockquote><p>Yeah, I read this too but couldn't find any information regarding discounts on future subs paid in advance.</p><p>Without any clear answer,<em> </em>as it stands it <em>looks</em> like once your current sub ends, <em>then</em> you will be paying $14.99/mo. You will be getting 500SC every month as soon as the F2P changes go in. As one thread was looking at it, that's like getting $5 back every month. I could see why they wouldn't do discounts when 500SC is being offered, but let's hope a red name can come in and clarify this.</p></blockquote><p>It's in Smoke's post (in a locked topic so can't quote it... grr)</p><p style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: #cae0e6; background-color: #07161e;">3) Do recurring subscriptions get a 500SC bonus grant per month?</p><p style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: #cae0e6; background-color: #07161e; padding-left: 30px;"><span style="color: #339966;"><strong>The answer is "yes".</strong></span> All durations of <strong>recurring</strong> Gold memberships (1-, 3-, 6-, and 12-month) get 500SC granted to them each month. (NOTE: This is a perk for recurring memberships only. Non-recurring memberships do not get this grant.)</p><p>As described above, recurring Gold memberships will come in 1, 3 6 and 12 month varieties.</p></blockquote><p>Correct. I just can't find anywhere that says there will be discounts on the subs themselves for getting the longer varieties after the F2P changes go in. Like how I paid basically $11.99/mo (I think, I'd have to go back and do the math again) for a 12-month membership instead of $14.99/mo for a 1 month.</p>