PDA

View Full Version : The really big question!.......... $40 for the expansion, really!!!!!

TwistedFaith
11-10-2011, 07:11 PM
<p>This seems to have slipped by due to the F2P announcment but can someone tell me how charging people $40 for the latest expansion is remotely justifilable given the features list.</p><p>Oh yeah and what the hell is with the AA listed (over 300!!!) what kind of information is that?</p>

Felshades
11-10-2011, 07:55 PM
<p>Yeah I need to know if there's any new AA spots to put points... because currently, if there's not, I can delay the purchase for quite some time. The rest of the "features" do not impress me, and I can wait till the price drops.</p><p>It's the end of the year. Holiday shopping. I don't have 40 bucks to waste on an expansion. I got DoV for 30. Little more reasonable.</p>

Nolrog
11-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Believe me, it didn't slip by at all.

Amitee
11-10-2011, 08:40 PM
<p>Looks like I'll be paying for the CE of SW:TOR, and letting my EQ2 account go free without buying the expansion, as there's no must have features I see there.  I'll see how I feel about buying the expansion and coming back Gold customer in 3-6 months.  </p>

dawy
11-10-2011, 08:52 PM
<p>I've been expectring the F2P annoucement for awhile if i'm honest so it didnt come as a shock but the price of this feature light xpac was the nail in the coffin for me,no biggie maybe my time was up in this game as muc as i'll miss it.</p>

Cambin
11-10-2011, 08:56 PM
<p>I returned to EQ2 again with DoV (though I've played off/on since launch) and was pretty excited with some of the new announcements in AoD. However it's not an exapansion and the pricing should reflect such. In reality it's a (large) content update with a couple new features and a class.</p><p>Honestly, I'm a bit shocked SoE sat down and thought that standard expansion pricing would be smart, especially after seeing quite a bit of negative feedback here and on other websites previously about the potential of the pricing. They should call it an <em>Adventure Pack</em> and price it reasonably for what players are getting out of it. </p><p>With so much competiton out there you would think SoE would, and I quote SmokeJumper; want <em><a href="http://everquest2.com/news/read/current/5028" target="_blank">to take care of us and keep us entertained for years to come.</a> </em>Plopping down $40/$60/$90 on something that isn't an expansion, but will really be required to keep 'current' on things like AA's, is insulting to be honest.</p><p>*shakes head*</p>

XAvengerX
11-10-2011, 09:34 PM
<p>I laughed so hard when I saw they wanted $40 for AoD.</p><p>Its best not to complain here because SoE dont listen or care about your views on a public forum, they only care about whether they get your money.</p><p>Send them a clear message and vote with your wallet, just dont buy it.</p><p>Games developers will continue to overcharge for minimal content if foolish people keep giving them money for virtually nothing.</p>

RadarX
11-10-2011, 09:50 PM
<p>Please use the established thread stickyed at the top.  Thanks!</p>