PDA

View Full Version : Will purchasing

Anastasie
11-10-2011, 06:31 PM
<p><span><a rel="nofollow nofollow" href="http://everquest2.com/news/read/current/5026" target="_blank"><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="color: #810081;"><span>http://everquest2.com/news</span>/read/current/5026</span></span></a></span></p><p><span>Ok - so I have a question regarding purchasing the "Age of Discovery" expansion.  It says it includes the base game and the Age of Discovery expansion, but it doesn't mention if it includes all previous expansions.  Can someone, preferrably a red name, please clarify this?  I have friends who are thinking of purchasing the new expansion, but want to know if all previous content is included.</span></p>

Yimway
11-10-2011, 06:38 PM
<p>My assumption is yes, but given the wording, I would sure like to know the answer.</p>

kdmorse
11-10-2011, 07:15 PM
<p>The way I read all the new announcements, it's moot for live players.   All live players get transitioned to Gold, which will include DoV content.  AoD expansion is on top of that.</p><p>So.. in theory, come December live players who did not buy DoV get it for free? Maybe?</p><p>But it's confusing enough that I could be completely wrong....</p>

Cyliena
11-10-2011, 07:17 PM
<p>Read the fine print on the pre-order page. <a href="http://www.everquest2.com/get_the_game/buy_now" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.everquest2.com/get_the_game/buy_now</a></p><blockquote><p><em>EverQuest II</em> will transition to a "Free to Play" model concurrently with the launch of the <em>Age of Discovery</em> expansion pack. This means that all players will have access to <em>EverQuest II</em> through free and optional paid membership levels. All membership levels will provide players with access to game world content through the <em>EverQuest II Sentinel's Fate</em> expansion. Platinum-level subscribers will also have access to the <em>EverQuest II Destiny of Velious</em> expansion. <strong> For all other players, the <em>EverQuest II Destiny of Velious</em> and <em>EverQuest II Age of Discovery</em> expansions may be purchased separately. </strong></p></blockquote>

Yimway
11-10-2011, 07:22 PM
<p>may and must have 2 different meanings.</p><p>Nothing about the above quote clearly answers the question.</p>

kdmorse
11-10-2011, 07:27 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Nothing about the above quote clearly answers the question.</p></blockquote><p>Especially since it references Platinum level, which is being discontinued in december.  Gold is the new Platinum.  But does Gold include DoV like Platinum did?</p>

Jrral
11-10-2011, 07:54 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Especially since it references Platinum level, which is being discontinued in december.  Gold is the new Platinum.  But does Gold include DoV like Platinum did?</p></blockquote><p>From what I read, it does not. Although they may grandfather Platinum members in by flagging their accounts for DoV.</p><p>As for AoD, I'd expect it's like all other recent EQ2 expansions: an all-in-one that includes all previous expansions. At least I hope management at SOE remembers the nightmares that having holes in the expansion list caused (eg. the infamous disappearing guild-hall mailboxes).</p>

Valdaglerion
11-10-2011, 07:54 PM
<p>"There will no longer be an up-front fee for downloading and installing the game. You no longer have to buy the software in order to use it, and game content through the Sentinel’s Fate expansion will be available to all players without charge. You simply download, and then launch and play the game for free."</p><p>New player can wander to the EQ2 site and Get the Game, choose the subscription level you want and start playing up through SF content.</p><p>As to whether AoD will include DoV, that is a question to which I too would like the answer. We have been waiting on the xpac to reactivate accounts with the new expac and do a 1 time catch up without having to pay for the now old expansion of DoV and the new AoD.</p><p>Clarification would be welcomed on that point.</p>

Glenolas
11-10-2011, 10:20 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>My assumption is yes, but given the wording, I would sure like to know the answer.</p></blockquote><p><a href="http://everquest2.com/news/read/current/5026" target="_blank">http://everquest2.com/news/read/current/5026</a></p><p>The preorder pageabove itself says:</p><p>"The Standard Digitial Edition includes the base game, all seven expansions, a Cloak of the Truespirit, and a Dungeon Maker Unique Monster Spawner #1. New accounts will also receive a free 30-day subscription. The cost for the Standard Digital Edition is $39.99."</p><p>Focus on the "all seven expansions" phrase.   I'm not smart enough to remember how many expansions we've had, but I'd guess that means DoV is included.</p><p>However, SJ and marketing have a tendency to say one thing on day and a directly opposite thing a while later, and there are plenty of examples of them going in opposite directions at the snap of the ball. </p><p>FTP clearly defines bronze and silver as SF only, and NOT DoV nor AoD, and it looks like 2 purchases are necessary for FTP lowbies to get to full gameplay rights.   There's plenty of room to imply that next year's "free" content comes if you've bought DoV, and AOD is a stand alone set of "features".   </p><p>I'd certainly need a red name to say  "purchasing AoD also gets DoV" before I write my 2 guildies that left before DoV that I might get to come back if one $40 purchase gets them caught up.</p><p>edited to add link, since there appear to be two places to preorder, with different info.</p>

Nolrog
11-10-2011, 10:24 PM
<p><cite>Glenolas wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>My assumption is yes, but given the wording, I would sure like to know the answer.</p></blockquote><p>Tthe preorder page itself says:</p><p>"The Standard Digitial Edition includes the base game, all seven expansions, a Cloak of the Truespirit, and a Dungeon Maker Unique Monster Spawner #1. New accounts will also receive a free 30-day subscription. The cost for the Standard Digital Edition is $39.99."</p></blockquote><p>From what it seems, that information was erroneously posted and is incorrect.</p><p>Platinum-level subscribers will also have access to the <em>EverQuest II Destiny of Velious</em> expansion. <strong>For all other players, the <em>EverQuest II Destiny of Velious</em> and <em>EverQuest II Age of Discovery</em> expansions<span style="text-decoration: underline;"> may be purchased separately</span>. </strong></p><p><a href="http://everquest2.com/get_the_game/buy_now">http://everquest2.com/get_the_game/buy_now</a></p>

Gorpier
11-10-2011, 10:35 PM
<p><cite>Glenolas wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>My assumption is yes, but given the wording, I would sure like to know the answer.</p></blockquote><p>Tthe preorder page itself says:</p><p>"<span style="color: #ff00ff;">The Standard Digitial Edition includes the base game, all seven expansions, a Cloak of the Truespirit, and a Dungeon Maker Unique Monster Spawner #1. New accounts will also receive a free 30-day subscription. The cost for the Standard Digital Edition is $39.99."</span></p><p>Focus on the "all seven sepansions" phrase.   I'm not smart enough to remember how many expansions we've had, but I'd guess that means DoV is included.</p><p>However, SJ and marketing have a tendency to say one thing on day and a directly opposite thing a while later, and there are plenty of examples of them going in opposite directions at the snap of the ball.</p><p>FTP clearly defines bronze and silver as SF only, and NOT DoV nor AoD, and it looks like 2 purchases are necessary for FTP lowbies to get to full gameplay rights.   There's plenty of room to imply that next year's "free" content comes if you've bought DoV, and AOD is a stand alone set of "features". </p><p>I'd certainly need a red name to say  "purchasing AoD also gets DoV" before I write my 2 guildiesthat left before DoV that I might get to come back if one $40 purchase gets them caught up.</p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #ff00ff;">Well, if this is correct, then yeah, AoD includes DoV.  There are seven total including DoV unless I'm missing one.</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff00ff;">1 Desert of Flames</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff00ff;">2 Echoes of Faydwer</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff00ff;">3 Kingdom of Sky</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff00ff;">4 Rise of Kunark</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff00ff;">5 Shadow Odessy</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff00ff;">6 Sentinels Fate</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff00ff;">7 Destiny of vellious </span></p><p><span style="color: #ff00ff;">That doesn't necessarily mean that's what will happen but I'd think if the preorder page says that, and you preorder they'd have to stick by that right?  I mean otherwise wouldn't that be false advertisement?</span></p>

Onorem
11-10-2011, 10:43 PM
<p>On the webcast, it was said that AoD doesn't include DoV. I'm not sure if they clarified whether or not it included expansions prior to DoV.</p>

Glenolas
11-10-2011, 11:00 PM
<p><cite>Nolrog wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Glenolas wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>My assumption is yes, but given the wording, I would sure like to know the answer.</p></blockquote><p>Tthe preorder page itself says:</p><p>"The Standard Digitial Edition includes the base game, all seven expansions, a Cloak of the Truespirit, and a Dungeon Maker Unique Monster Spawner #1. New accounts will also receive a free 30-day subscription. The cost for the Standard Digital Edition is $39.99."</p></blockquote><p>From what it seems, that information was erroneously posted and is incorrect.</p><p>Platinum-level subscribers will also have access to the <em>EverQuest II Destiny of Velious</em> expansion. <strong>For all other players, the <em>EverQuest II Destiny of Velious</em> and <em>EverQuest II Age of Discovery</em> expansions<span style="text-decoration: underline;"> may be purchased separately</span>. </strong></p><p><a href="http://everquest2.com/get_the_game/buy_now">http://everquest2.com/get_the_game/buy_now</a></p></blockquote><p>Yes, I just followed your link and read that.   Scary.  </p><p>That means there's an $80 barrier to someone coming back after a year layoff and getting all the game's parts.    The same barrier for anyone starting FTP from scratch and getting to 90/350 (or whatever it is) and heading into the endgame.  </p><p>I mentioned in an earlier post on this same thread:</p><p><span>"However, SJ and marketing have a tendency to say one thing on day and a directly opposite thing a while later, and there are plenty of examples of them going in opposite directions at the snap of the ball." </span></p>

Glenolas
11-10-2011, 11:43 PM
<p>Since I posted my reply to Atan, a few posts/hours earlier, SOE has changed the preorder page.</p><p>I cut and pasted directly from the page to my post, and it read:</p><p><span>"The Standard Digitial Edition includes the base game, all seven expansions, a Cloak of the Truespirit, and a Dungeon Maker Unique Monster Spawner #1. New accounts will also receive a free 30-day subscription. The cost for the Standard Digital Edition is $39.99."</span></p><p>Now it has been edited to delete the phrase "all seven expansions."    Good thing nobody preordered yet thinking they got the DoV expansion included, right?</p>

yohann koldheart
11-11-2011, 07:14 AM
<p>yeah, they took out DoV . when you buy AoD thats all you get is the base game and AoD.</p><p>the eq2x  plat sub level includes all expansions , the new gold does not .just like the new gold dont get the free monthly SC  etc .</p>

Cyliena
11-11-2011, 09:43 AM
<p><cite>yohann koldheart wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>just like the new gold dont get the free monthly SC  etc .</blockquote><p>It will if its recurring. Posted this in another thread:</p><p><em>SJ said it is 500 SC/month: <a rel="nofollow" href="list.m?start=90&topic_id=509050#5655352" target="_blank">http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...=509050#5655352</a></em></p><p><cite>SmokeJumper wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Vellandra wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>In the 'Producers Letter', it states:</p><p>Recurring memberships are still available for those of us who don't like having to remember to pay each month, and <strong><em><span style="text-decoration: underline;">recurring memberships also get the perk of a Station Cash bonus grant each month.</span></em></strong></p><p>However, this is not referenced on any of the other pages, such as the comparison between subscription types.  Could we get some more information please?  Is this intended or not?</p></blockquote><p>Yes. Recurring memberships get the bonus perk of a free 500SC grant each month.</p></blockquote>

darwich
11-11-2011, 10:28 AM
wahh wahhh wahhh.. whine whine whine.. all other games make you pay for EACH and EVERY expansion except eq2/eq ... so seriously get a grip.

Nolrog
11-11-2011, 10:30 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Nothing about the above quote clearly answers the question.</p></blockquote><p>Especially since it references Platinum level, which is being discontinued in december.  Gold is the new Platinum.  But does Gold include DoV like Platinum did?</p></blockquote><p>Not entirely accurate.  Platinum is being discontinued as an option, that's correct.  But people who already have platinum will be allowed to keep it as long as they keep paying for it. </p><p>Gold may include some platinum benefits, but I don't think it includes DoV.</p>

Nolrog
11-11-2011, 10:31 AM
<p><cite>Onorem wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>On the webcast, it was said that AoD doesn't include DoV. I'm not sure if they clarified whether or not it included expansions prior to DoV.</p></blockquote><p>Expansions prior to DoV are included for free for everyone, irregardless of membership level.</p>

Wirewhisker
11-11-2011, 10:38 AM
<p>You can always sit on your free SmedBuck(tm) and then purchase the expac that way, down the line.</p>