PDA

View Full Version : All Access moving to Gold... so what about those 10 Slots?

Curiel
11-10-2011, 06:06 PM
<p>I have two All Access accounts.  All Access accounts have 10 slots. There is no mention in the FAQ of what happens to the extra 3 slots when we're forced to merge with EQIIX and become "gold members".  </p><p>I suspect someone might say All Access subscribers may have to repurchase their slots... so <em>if</em> that is the case here's my 2cp.</p><p>Everyone that has a current All Access Pass should <strong>not</strong> have to repurchase their character slots. I do not think it would be right or fair to take away features from people who have been loyal for years and then ask them to repay for them.</p><p>I hope this is not the case, so I look forward to hearing from a Red Tag here.</p>

Cyliena
11-10-2011, 06:14 PM
<p><cite>Curiel wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I have two All Access accounts.  All Access accounts have 10 slots. There is no mention in the FAQ of what happens to the extra 3 slots when we're forced to merge with EQIIX and become "gold members".  </p><p>I suspect someone might say All Access subscribers may have to repurchase their slots... so <em>if</em> that is the case here's my 2cp.</p><p>Everyone that has a current All Access Pass should <strong>not</strong> have to repurchase their character slots. I do not think it would be right or fair to take away features from people who have been loyal for years and then ask them to repay for them.</p><p>I hope this is not the case, so I look forward to hearing from a Red Tag here.</p></blockquote><p>Your All Access remains All Access, what it's simply stating is that your EQ2 subscription will be the same as a Gold subscriber's. I assume you have the extra character slots from before it was All Access and I assume that those will not be affected by this change. (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!)</p>

arvydys
11-10-2011, 06:21 PM
<p>Im betting Cyliena is right, but clarification would be nice</p>

Curiel
11-10-2011, 06:25 PM
<p>That's why I'm asking straight up, what's happing to the slots past 7? It's hard to just trust that it's all going to work out without some clarification since, at times, SoE does things ...unexpectedly. (or expectedly depending on your point of view)</p>

Yimway
11-10-2011, 06:27 PM
<p>In this case, it will all workout.  You will not lose character slots if you've been on All Access.</p>

Calthine
11-10-2011, 06:29 PM
<p>All that's happening is Subscription is being renamed Gold.  Everything else should remain the same.  Nothing about the All-Access is changing.</p>

Finora
11-10-2011, 06:42 PM
<p>All access no longer grants any free character slots. People who had Station Pass before it was changed over got grandfathered in with the 3 extra slots.</p><p>I know that when the free character slots did come with Station Pass you had to buy them back to access the extra slots if you dropped Station Pass, that is what I had to do when I dropped my Station Pass last fall.</p><p>However, I imagine all access will continue to work how it always has, giving you premium access to all the games that are available on all access as long as you don't let your sub drop for all access.</p>

Maroger
11-10-2011, 07:40 PM
<p><cite>Calthine wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>All that's happening is Subscription is being renamed Gold.  Everything else should remain the same.  Nothing about the All-Access is changing.</p></blockquote><p>What about acces to EQLive and Vanguard?</p>

Cyliena
11-10-2011, 07:41 PM
<p><cite>Maroger wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Calthine wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>All that's happening is Subscription is being renamed Gold.  Everything else should remain the same.  Nothing about the All-Access is changing.</p></blockquote><p>What about acces to EQLive and Vanguard?</p></blockquote><p>Nothing will change about All Access. Any SOE games it gives access to it should continue to give access to.</p>

Shailas
11-10-2011, 09:33 PM
<p>Would be nice to have that confirmed by a red name though.  The rug has come out from under the players with SOE before (NGE, anyone?)  so like they said in the 80s, "Knowing is half the battle!"</p>