PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's Elemental Unusable below level 85

Uwopo
11-09-2011, 06:01 PM
<p>Claimed the 8yr vet reward on one of my lower level alts.</p><p>The mount is simply unusable below level 85, there's no option to take a ground mount only version.</p>

Kunaak
11-09-2011, 06:46 PM
<p>its a flying mount, your not gonna bypass the flying restrictions just cause you can get a vet reward.</p><p>but for the record - a 130% ground mount only costs 2 plat at any vendor and doesnt have any level or faction requirements.</p>

Uwopo
11-09-2011, 06:55 PM
<p><cite>Kunaak wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>its a flying mount, your not gonna bypass the flying restrictions just cause you can get a vet reward.</p><p>but for the record - a 130% ground mount only costs 2 plat at any vendor and doesnt have any level or faction requirements.</p></blockquote><p>Nowhere did I say it should be.</p><p>To quote Smokejumper...</p><p>"You choice of an elemental hover disc mount (flyable if you are 85 or above, ground mount otherwise)."</p><p>I merely pointed out that it is not usable as a ground mount below level 85.</p>

Pixiewrath
11-09-2011, 07:01 PM
<p>I think the OP means he cannot equip the mount at all unless he reach lvl 85.Probably it might be usable as an appearance mount? That way you can still use it as a ground mount.</p>

Geothe
11-09-2011, 07:02 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Kunaak wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>its a flying mount, your not gonna bypass the flying restrictions just cause you can get a vet reward.</p><p>but for the record - a 130% ground mount only costs 2 plat at any vendor and doesnt have any level or faction requirements.</p></blockquote><p>Nowhere did I say it should be.</p><p>To quote Smokejumper...</p><p>"You choice of an elemental hover disc mount (flyable if you are 85 or above, ground mount otherwise)."</p><p>I merely pointed out that it is not usable as a ground mount below level 85.</p></blockquote><p>Basically at this point, just work off the assumption that everything Smokejumper says is at least 50% inaccurate.  Because nearly everything he has been spewing as of late can be classified under that catagory.</p>

Uwopo
11-09-2011, 07:25 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] Bazaar wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I think the OP means he cannot equip the mount at all unless he reach lvl 85.Probably it might be usable as an appearance mount? That way you can still use it as a ground mount.</p></blockquote><p>It does work for appearance, despite the level limit. </p>

Nrgy
11-09-2011, 07:29 PM
<p>I am really starting to think it's not really SJ's fault and that he (SOE/EQ2) is being held back by its Dev staff.  Nobody wants to tell someone else they are the weak-link, but sometimes in Life, Raids and Development Staff there needs to be some hard truths.  Hire some programming hot-shots and get some of this stuff done already, you can lay them off once the code is written, just hope they don't embed too many easter eggs.</p>

Glenolas
11-10-2011, 03:52 AM
<p><cite>Nrgy wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I am really starting to think it's not really SJ's fault and that he (SOE/EQ2) is being held back by its Dev staff. </p></blockquote><p>Wait a second.  Help me with this.</p><p>He is the Senior Producer, approves every project & its plan before it starts, approves when/if  it goes live, decides who works on the team or gets sent elsewhere, and wordsmiths his own posts on the forum.</p><p>Where does the part about "not being his fault" fit into this rather normal managerial model?</p><p>Management is <em>always</em> responsible.   It's theirs to produce success or failure, using whatever abilities and personality  they bring to the team.  He's nearing the end of his 2nd year, so has had ample time to put his mark on the team makeup and performance.</p>