PDA

View Full Version : AoD release


Edavi
11-03-2011, 03:03 AM
<p>I feel I have done my due dilegence, I searched on Yahoo!, google, and the forum, I cannot find the release date of AoD.  All I see is November, and something eluding to late november.  Has a date been announced?</p><p>I tried! Maybe I am just fail at search! Any ideas?</p>

Valena
11-03-2011, 03:30 AM
<p>You know as much as the rest of us. No firm date has been announced yet.</p>

Edavi
11-03-2011, 03:35 AM
<p>Nooooooot a good sign.</p><p>I strongly reccomend they beat Star Wars to the punch, but no sign of a release date on the site yet?! Dont they usually put that out way in advance?</p><p>Slippin SOE...</p><p>Thanks for the info</p>

Amitee
11-03-2011, 04:03 AM
<p>If I remember correctly, wasn't it SoE that trademarked "soon"?  Pfft</p>

Felshades
11-03-2011, 04:03 AM
<p><cite>Edavi wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Nooooooot a good sign.</p><p>I strongly reccomend they beat Star Wars to the punch, but no sign of a release date on the site yet?! Dont they usually put that out way in advance?</p><p>Slippin SOE...</p><p>Thanks for the info</p></blockquote><p>If they don't put it out in advance, they can delay it without people whining that it's not out on time.</p><p>That, btw, is the exact reason that Blizzard does not:</p><p>a) tell the community when they're patching</p><p>b) how long maintenance will take, and why:</p><p>c) Soon(tm) is a Blizzard thing.</p>

Felshades
11-03-2011, 04:06 AM
<p><cite>Amitee wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>If I remember correctly, wasn't it SoE that trademarked "soon"?  Pfft</p></blockquote><p><a href="http://www.wowpedia.org/Soon" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.wowpedia.org/Soon</a></p><p><strong>Soon</strong>™: Copyright 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between <a title="Blizzard Entertainment" href="http://www.wowpedia.org/Blizzard_Entertainment">Blizzard Entertainment</a> and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."</p><p>Please see the footnoted entry at the bottom of the page, "Blizzard's Official Definition of Soon". Apparently there was, in fact, a press release for it but it appears to be missing from the list. Wouldn't surprise me. Their devs actually post on the forums and flag their posts as untrackable so they don't show up in the Blue Tracker feeds.</p>

Leovinus
11-03-2011, 06:39 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Amitee wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>If I remember correctly, wasn't it SoE that trademarked "soon"?  Pfft</p></blockquote><p><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.wowpedia.org/Soon" target="_blank">http://www.wowpedia.org/Soon</a></p><p><strong>Soon</strong>™: Copyright 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between <a title="Blizzard Entertainment" href="http://www.wowpedia.org/Blizzard_Entertainment">Blizzard Entertainment</a> and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."</p><p>Please see the footnoted entry at the bottom of the page, "Blizzard's Official Definition of Soon". Apparently there was, in fact, a press release for it but it appears to be missing from the list. Wouldn't surprise me. Their devs actually post on the forums and flag their posts as untrackable so they don't show up in the Blue Tracker feeds.</p></blockquote><p>Erm... you can't say that something that's a common running joke for a significant amount of time was started by WoW and then point to a WoW based source as proof.</p><p>Truth be told, I remember instances of the "Soon(tm)" gag from long before WoW <strong><em>or</em></strong> EQ2, though I can't point to anything at the moment, it's pop culture, and probably impossible to accurately pinpoint the real origin.</p>

darwich
11-03-2011, 07:21 AM
threadjack.... SJ originally said late november, now its discussed as winter 2011.. that could be the end of december..

Greenmist
11-03-2011, 07:22 AM
<p>As the beta is still only in friends-and-family mode that we can tell, the window is rapidly closing for testers to even be invited, let alone test and give feedback. I would fully support having to wait a bit longer in order to make sure there is adequate time to test, feedback, and review the changes once they are pushed. They badly need to avoid another GU61 fiasco.</p><p>I'm taking the optimistic route and choosing to believe that the lack of a release date at this point is because they have finally decided that it's more important to get it right than to push it on time.</p>

Tyrus Dracofire
11-03-2011, 07:45 AM
<p>i think SOE made serious error to push, and want to delay til late dec.</p><p>i read and it said "Winter of 2011", so the Nov is last part of autumn season, it isnt offical winter month yet.</p><p>i think SOE made a badly quoted statement, it should said "late Fall" if they released in nov.</p><p>SOE just lost and have to push the date back, since there was no "90 days pre-order" advances.</p><p>all the previous expansions had advanced dates of pre-orders, but this one cut way too close for no pre-order time, i think it mean SOE is too broke for advertising since hackers cost them over 150 million dollars lost for month of april and may, and extra costs involved with security upgrades.</p><p>i also think it might related with new Launchpad they were working on, which it were suppose to released recently.</p>

Kringus
11-03-2011, 08:42 AM
<p>I stand by my prediction that once we know when SWTOR headstart is, we'll know the AoD release date.</p><p>That's how it worked with the Rift launch- I mean DoV launch.</p>

thesiren
11-03-2011, 09:00 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>As the beta is still only in friends-and-family mode that we can tell, the window is rapidly closing for testers to even be invited, let alone test and give feedback. I would fully support having to wait a bit longer in order to make sure there is adequate time to test, feedback, and review the changes once they are pushed. They badly need to avoid another GU61 fiasco.</p><p>I'm taking the optimistic route and choosing to believe that the lack of a release date at this point is because they have finally decided that it's more important to get it right than to push it on time.</p></blockquote><p>Me too.  <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/e8a506dc4ad763aca51bec4ca7dc8560.gif" border="0" />  I actually take it as a very good sign that they are pulling back and waiting this time around.  We've been here for 7 years now; what's another month or two?  And I hope they listen harder to the testers they do get when it finally comes time to test, and push more changes/fixes through before everything goes live.</p><p>And AoD would make a great co-launch with Frostfell!  That would be a terrific come-back double header, with whatever other offers they'd want to put forth at that time as well.</p><p>*crosses fingers*</p>

Zannah
11-03-2011, 10:28 AM
<p><cite>Kringus wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I stand by my prediction that once we know when SWTOR headstart is, we'll know the AoD <em><strong>FAIL</strong></em> date.</p><p>That's how it worked with the Rift launch- I mean DoV launch.</p></blockquote><p>fixed for you <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/908627bbe5e9f6a080977db8c365caff.gif" border="0" /></p><p>waiting too long will let people think.  Thinking people will probably not waste money on something they believe will be lack luster.  They'll plop their cash down for SWTOR.</p>

darwich
11-03-2011, 10:37 AM
<p><cite>Zannah wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Kringus wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I stand by my prediction that once we know when SWTOR headstart is, we'll know the AoD <em><strong>FAIL</strong></em> date.</p><p>That's how it worked with the Rift launch- I mean DoV launch.</p></blockquote><p>fixed for you <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/908627bbe5e9f6a080977db8c365caff.gif" border="0" /></p><p>waiting too long will let people think.  Thinking people will probably not waste money on something they believe will be lack luster.  They'll plop their cash down for SWTOR.</p></blockquote><p>while im a huge star wars nut, i will buy the EQ2 expansion and not WASTE my money on another MMO that claims aweseomeness  but fails to deliver, and ill just end up back at eq2.. if SWTOR is good, it will still be good in 3-4 months... did it with too many games to count, the last was Star Trek online and i was SORELY dissapointed... eq2 is my home at and dont plan on leaving until possibly eq next/3 whatever...</p>

Nrgy
11-03-2011, 10:40 AM
<p><cite>Edavi wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I feel I have done my due dilegence, I searched on Yahoo!, google, and the forum, I cannot find the release date of AoD.  All I see is November, and something eluding to late november.  Has a date been announced?</p><p>I tried! Maybe I am just fail at search! Any ideas?</p></blockquote><p>Burried deep within the NotD webcast SJ said quite clear what SOE's intentions are concerning AoD, "Late November, maybe as late as the last day or two" (non-quote).  Take that for what its worth, but they haven't "Failed" just yet, even though many might feel its dead before it leaves the barn.</p>

urgthock
11-03-2011, 10:47 AM
<p><cite>Nrgy wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Edavi wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I feel I have done my due dilegence, I searched on Yahoo!, google, and the forum, I cannot find the release date of AoD.  All I see is November, and something eluding to late november.  Has a date been announced?</p><p>I tried! Maybe I am just fail at search! Any ideas?</p></blockquote><p>Burried deep within the NotD webcast SJ said quite clear what SOE's intentions are concerning AoD, "Late November, maybe as late as the last day or two" (non-quote).  Take that for what its worth, but they haven't "Failed" just yet, even though many might feel its dead before it leaves the barn.</p></blockquote><p>Personally I am <strong>FAR </strong>less concerned with the release date as I am with the particulars of the expansion.</p><p>1) Cost?2) Features (in detail)? Yes I know there is an AA increase but by how many and in which trees. Are there new AA choices or just the old ones? etc.3) What will the purchase options be? Digital download only? Box? Available in the SC store?4) Will it include all the previous expansions?</p><p>etc.</p>

bigdaddy
11-03-2011, 12:24 PM
<p>In chat they said 11/16/11?</p>

Brigh
11-03-2011, 01:46 PM
<p><cite>Leovinus wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Amitee wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>If I remember correctly, wasn't it SoE that trademarked "soon"?  Pfft</p></blockquote><p><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.wowpedia.org/Soon" target="_blank">http://www.wowpedia.org/Soon</a></p><p><strong>Soon</strong>™: Copyright 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between <a title="Blizzard Entertainment" href="http://www.wowpedia.org/Blizzard_Entertainment">Blizzard Entertainment</a> and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."</p><p>Please see the footnoted entry at the bottom of the page, "Blizzard's Official Definition of Soon". Apparently there was, in fact, a press release for it but it appears to be missing from the list. Wouldn't surprise me. Their devs actually post on the forums and flag their posts as untrackable so they don't show up in the Blue Tracker feeds.</p></blockquote><p>Erm... you can't say that something that's a common running joke for a significant amount of time was started by WoW and then point to a WoW based source as proof.</p><p>Truth be told, I remember instances of the "Soon(tm)" gag from long before WoW <strong><em>or</em></strong> EQ2, though I can't point to anything at the moment, it's pop culture, and probably impossible to accurately pinpoint the real origin.</p></blockquote><p><img src="http://tagn.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/whenissoon2.jpg" width="759" height="932" /><a href="http://tagn.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/whenissoon2.jpg" target="_blank"></a></p><p>It used to be in the SoE knowledge base. I used to have the bm but searching Google found an old link someone posted in a forum that is <a href="http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bin/soe.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=16310&p_created=1146608838&p_sid=akHPlC8i&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9ncmlkc29yd D0mcF9yb3dfY250PTY5JnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2NhdHM9MCZwX3B 2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJj" target="_blank">no longer valid</a>. It was sometimes hard to find before that anyway.</p>

Valena
11-03-2011, 02:13 PM
<p><cite>Kringus wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I stand by my prediction that once we know when SWTOR headstart is, we'll know the AoD release date.</p><p>That's how it worked with the Rift launch- I mean DoV launch.</p></blockquote><p>+1</p><p>I'm not sure that it's a smart move this time though. Rift offered nothing new but SW:ToR is a really BIIIIG shiny that many will want to try even if they don't stay.</p><p>I'm also sad to say that I'm looking forward more to SW:ToR at this moment as AoD seems to offer so little.</p>

yohann koldheart
11-03-2011, 03:50 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Kringus wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I stand by my prediction that once we know when SWTOR headstart is, we'll know the AoD release date.</p><p>That's how it worked with the Rift launch- I mean DoV launch.</p></blockquote><p>+1</p><p>I'm not sure that it's a smart move this time though. Rift offered nothing new but SW:ToR is a really BIIIIG shiny that many will want to try even if they don't stay.</p><p>I'm also sad to say that I'm looking forward more to SW:ToR at this moment as AoD seems to offer so little.</p></blockquote><p>atm the thing thats leaning me tward not trying swtor is the fact that at any time if lucas dont like , or gets bored with it he can just yank the license and the game shuts down like he just did with the other  star wars game.</p><p>dont want to invest time in something just to have him throw a fit and the game get turned off.</p>

Valena
11-03-2011, 04:44 PM
<p><cite>yohann koldheart wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>atm the thing thats leaning me tward not trying swtor is the fact that at any time if lucas dont like , or gets bored with it he can just yank the license and the game shuts down like he just did with the other  star wars game.</p><p>dont want to invest time in something just to have him throw a fit and the game get turned off.</p></blockquote><p>Contracts don't work that way. I'm pretty sure that their contract with SOE was over and they declined to renew. They didn't just "pull the plug"</p>

LordPazuzu
11-03-2011, 04:47 PM
<p><cite>Leovinus wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Amitee wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>If I remember correctly, wasn't it SoE that trademarked "soon"?  Pfft</p></blockquote><p><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.wowpedia.org/Soon" target="_blank">http://www.wowpedia.org/Soon</a></p><p><strong>Soon</strong>™: Copyright 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between <a title="Blizzard Entertainment" href="http://www.wowpedia.org/Blizzard_Entertainment">Blizzard Entertainment</a> and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."</p><p>Please see the footnoted entry at the bottom of the page, "Blizzard's Official Definition of Soon". Apparently there was, in fact, a press release for it but it appears to be missing from the list. Wouldn't surprise me. Their devs actually post on the forums and flag their posts as untrackable so they don't show up in the Blue Tracker feeds.</p></blockquote><p>Erm... you can't say that something that's a common running joke for a significant amount of time was started by WoW and then point to a WoW based source as proof.</p><p>Truth be told, I remember instances of the "Soon(tm)" gag from long before WoW <strong><em>or</em></strong> EQ2, though I can't point to anything at the moment, it's pop culture, and probably impossible to accurately pinpoint the real origin.</p></blockquote><p>I remember Aradune using "Soon" in EQ1.</p>

DuneWarrior
11-03-2011, 05:03 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Leovinus wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Amitee wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>If I remember correctly, wasn't it SoE that trademarked "soon"?  Pfft</p></blockquote><p><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.wowpedia.org/Soon" target="_blank">http://www.wowpedia.org/Soon</a></p><p><strong>Soon</strong>™: Copyright 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between <a title="Blizzard Entertainment" href="http://www.wowpedia.org/Blizzard_Entertainment">Blizzard Entertainment</a> and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."</p><p>Please see the footnoted entry at the bottom of the page, "Blizzard's Official Definition of Soon". Apparently there was, in fact, a press release for it but it appears to be missing from the list. Wouldn't surprise me. Their devs actually post on the forums and flag their posts as untrackable so they don't show up in the Blue Tracker feeds.</p></blockquote><p>Erm... you can't say that something that's a common running joke for a significant amount of time was started by WoW and then point to a WoW based source as proof.</p><p>Truth be told, I remember instances of the "Soon(tm)" gag from long before WoW <strong><em>or</em></strong> EQ2, though I can't point to anything at the moment, it's pop culture, and probably impossible to accurately pinpoint the real origin.</p></blockquote><p>I remember Aradune using "Soon" in EQ1.</p></blockquote><p>It was used back when EQ1 was Verant <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> it was coined for updates on the EQ1 forums prior to even the first Eq1 Xpack if i remember for fixes being added...</p><p>Yes im that old, and yes i played back then too</p>

Nrgy
11-03-2011, 05:06 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>yohann koldheart wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>atm the thing thats leaning me tward not trying swtor is the fact that at any time if lucas dont like , or gets bored with it he can just yank the license and the game shuts down like he just did with the other  star wars game.</p><p>dont want to invest time in something just to have him throw a fit and the game get turned off.</p></blockquote><p>Contracts don't work that way. I'm pretty sure that their contract with SOE was over and they declined to renew. They didn't just "pull the plug"</p></blockquote><p>^^^ This ...</p><p>Maybe one of the Trekies can look on the SW:tOR and see or ask what the copyright contract length is atm?  Sure would make peoples lightsabers go limp if its only year to year.</p>

Loxus
11-03-2011, 05:18 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] Bayle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] DLere wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Leovinus wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Amitee wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>If I remember correctly, wasn't it SoE that trademarked "soon"?  Pfft</p></blockquote><p><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.wowpedia.org/Soon" target="_blank">http://www.wowpedia.org/Soon</a></p><p><strong>Soon</strong>™: Copyright 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between <a title="Blizzard Entertainment" href="http://www.wowpedia.org/Blizzard_Entertainment">Blizzard Entertainment</a> and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."</p><p>Please see the footnoted entry at the bottom of the page, "Blizzard's Official Definition of Soon". Apparently there was, in fact, a press release for it but it appears to be missing from the list. Wouldn't surprise me. Their devs actually post on the forums and flag their posts as untrackable so they don't show up in the Blue Tracker feeds.</p></blockquote><p>Erm... you can't say that something that's a common running joke for a significant amount of time was started by WoW and then point to a WoW based source as proof.</p><p>Truth be told, I remember instances of the "Soon(tm)" gag from long before WoW <strong><em>or</em></strong> EQ2, though I can't point to anything at the moment, it's pop culture, and probably impossible to accurately pinpoint the real origin.</p></blockquote><p>I remember Aradune using "Soon" in EQ1.</p></blockquote><p>It was used back when EQ1 was Verant <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" /> it was coined for updates on the EQ1 forums prior to even the first Eq1 Xpack if i remember for fixes being added...</p><p>Yes im that old, and yes i played back then too</p></blockquote><p>^^^</p><p>Yep, pretty much.  For some reason though it was actually funny back then.  Now; yeah, not so much.</p>

darwich
11-04-2011, 07:02 AM
<p><cite>Nrgy wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>yohann koldheart wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>atm the thing thats leaning me tward not trying swtor is the fact that at any time if lucas dont like , or gets bored with it he can just yank the license and the game shuts down like he just did with the other  star wars game.</p><p>dont want to invest time in something just to have him throw a fit and the game get turned off.</p></blockquote><p>Contracts don't work that way. I'm pretty sure that their contract with SOE was over and they declined to renew. They didn't just "pull the plug"</p></blockquote><p>^^^ This ...</p><p>Maybe one of the Trekies can look on the SW:tOR and see or ask what the copyright contract length is atm?  Sure would make peoples lightsabers go limp if its only year to year.</p></blockquote><p>Trekies? Wow your mixing up your genre! <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Nrgy
11-04-2011, 11:11 AM
<p>The only people more Nerdy than High Fantasy folks are Space junkies ... they have little to no business mixing ... oil/water.  And as Space junkies go, I'd rate Trekies over Jedi any day of the week.  Although, I will admit that SW has a much better format than ST in terms of potential as an MMO.  They basically make stuff up as they go, hopping from planet to planet in theri super-cool space station.</p>