PDA

View Full Version : Pre orders for AoD box?


Alenna
11-01-2011, 08:44 PM
<p>When are we going to be able to pre order the box at the game stores?</p>

Aneova
11-01-2011, 08:53 PM
<p>I'm trying not to just laugh at the question</p><p>I'd be willing to place money down on that you won't be able to buy it in a store.</p>

Golbezz
11-01-2011, 09:02 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I'm trying not to just laugh at the question</p><p>I'd be willing to place money down on that you won't be able to buy it in a store.</p></blockquote><p>Considering the problems resulting from the head start on the boxed version of SF over the digital download I think it's time SOE dropped boxed content. It was total BS that players were forced to choose between buying the boxed version of SF or having to wait 1 week for digital download and be left behind all their friends and guildmates just because they wanted to download the game or couldn't get a boxed copy in time.</p><p>Make it available direct from SOE and other online delivery options for those using game cards so that there isn't any need for a boxed version.</p>

Glenolas
11-01-2011, 09:29 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>When are we going to be able to pre order the box at the game stores?</p></blockquote><p>Just guessing, but either it's going to be delayed far past the expected late November release date, or it's not going to have a box.    You have to start copying the game to discs,  printing boxes,  stuffing them and shipping to vendors.  That has to start about 6 weeks before launch, but it's November already, and beta hasn't even started. </p>

Alenna
11-01-2011, 09:30 PM
<p><cite>Golbezz wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I'm trying not to just laugh at the question</p><p>I'd be willing to place money down on that you won't be able to buy it in a store.</p></blockquote><p>Considering the problems resulting from the head start on the boxed version of SF over the digital download I think it's time SOE dropped boxed content. It was total BS that players were forced to choose between buying the boxed version of SF or having to wait 1 week for digital download and be left behind all their friends and guildmates just because they wanted to download the game or couldn't get a boxed copy in time.</p><p>Make it available direct from SOE and other online delivery options for those using game cards so that there isn't any need for a boxed version.</p></blockquote><p>unfortunetly I have to deal in cash for hte game not credit card which is why I always buy the box if they don't offer it in a way I can get it with how I can pay for it then I will be very disapointed that they are nto thinking of all their customers and leaving me and others like me SoL for the expansion and getting the new class.</p>

Raknid
11-01-2011, 09:47 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>unfortunetly I have to deal in cash for hte game not credit card which is why I always buy the box if they don't offer it in a way I can get it with how I can pay for it then I will be very disapointed that they are nto thinking of all their customers and leaving me and others like me SoL for the expansion and getting the new class.</p></blockquote><p>Can you use one of the pre-paid "credit"/"debit" card things to do the digital download?</p>

Golbezz
11-01-2011, 10:47 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>unfortunetly I have to deal in cash for hte game not credit card which is why I always buy the box if they don't offer it in a way I can get it with how I can pay for it then I will be very disapointed that they are nto thinking of all their customers and leaving me and others like me SoL for the expansion and getting the new class.</p></blockquote><p>I suspect if they do offer it for purchase with SC you could buy a game card at the store using cash and use that to pay for the expansion download.</p>

Indaria
11-01-2011, 10:49 PM
<p>Based on expansion history in MMORPGs, if it doesn't show up on Amazon.com, Gamespot, or any other game site for preorder after it is announced... it's not going to be a box version.</p><p>SOE hasn't even given a release date except for to say it's coming out this month?</p>

yohann koldheart
11-01-2011, 11:29 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] Bazaar wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Based on expansion history in MMORPGs, if it doesn't show up on Amazon.com, Gamespot, or any other game site for preorder after it is announced... it's not going to be a box version.</p><p>SOE hasn't even given a release date except for to say it's coming out this month?</p></blockquote><p>since there is not that much content "data wise" we are getting , i dout there will be a box version. </p><p>remember the adv packs ?  they werent sold in a box and had more stuff included then aod.</p>

Brigh
11-01-2011, 11:43 PM
<p>I haven't seen anywhere they said it was November. I have been expecting December.</p>

Alenna
11-01-2011, 11:49 PM
<p><cite>Raknid wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>unfortunetly I have to deal in cash for hte game not credit card which is why I always buy the box if they don't offer it in a way I can get it with how I can pay for it then I will be very disapointed that they are nto thinking of all their customers and leaving me and others like me SoL for the expansion and getting the new class.</p></blockquote><p>Can you use one of the pre-paid "credit"/"debit" card things to do the digital download?</p></blockquote><p>That is a thought I could probalbly get one at my local grocery store. for cash.</p>

Tyrus Dracofire
11-02-2011, 12:22 AM
<p>it said "winter of 2011", so November isnt part of winter, still a late fall season until it hit solstice, assuming after dec 21st?</p>

Trynt
11-02-2011, 01:24 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>it said "winter of 2011", so November isnt part of winter, still a late fall season until it hit solstice, assuming after dec 21st?</p></blockquote><p><cite>SmokeJumper wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>...We're really looking forward to the November launch...</p></blockquote>

Khurghan
11-02-2011, 04:13 AM
<p>Someone in my guild told me they saw it listed on a gaming site as "Available 31st November".</p>

Crismorn
11-02-2011, 04:36 AM
<p>Beta is up for friends and family.  This is a brilliant by ensuring that less feedback from players who actually know what to look for and save SoE some resources for when AoD goes live with those many undiscovered bugs they can claim they were not found during the beta.</p>

feldon30
11-02-2011, 04:50 AM
<p><cite>Glenolas wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>When are we going to be able to pre order the box at the game stores?</p></blockquote><p>Just guessing, but either it's going to be delayed far past the expected late November release date, or it's not going to have a box.    You have to start copying the game to discs,  printing boxes,  stuffing them and shipping to vendors.  That has to start about 6 weeks before launch, but it's November already, and beta hasn't even started. </p></blockquote><p>Non-issue.</p><p>Kunark, SF, and Velious DVDs contained hardly any files from the expansion. It was almost as long a download to patch as it was for the digital download.</p>

Trynt
11-02-2011, 07:22 AM
<p><cite>Khurghan wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Someone in my guild told me they saw it listed on a gaming site as "Available 31st November".</p></blockquote><p>While that wouldn't surprise me, it would be pretty hysterical. </p><p><span style="font-size: xx-small; color: #c0c0c0;">(Shhh... no one tell marketing that November ends on the 30th!)</span></p>

darwich
11-02-2011, 07:29 AM
They originally said november launch, then ive seen it recently changed to say winter 2011...

Trynt
11-02-2011, 07:33 AM
<p>SJ posted November last week.</p>

Raknid
11-02-2011, 10:12 AM
<table cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" width="100%"><form action="/eq2/posts/doModeration.m" accept-charset="UNKNOWN" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" method="post"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2"><div><div><a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?start=150&topic_id=508366#5650223"><img src="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/styles/EQ2/eq2_default/images/common/icon_minipost_new.gif" /></a><strong><span style="color: #ffffff; font-size: medium;">10/28/2011 09:37:01 </span></strong></div><div>    <strong>Subject:</strong> <a name="5650223">Re:A Clear Answer Please - What Exactly IS "Age of Discovery"?</a></div><div><a class="icon_reply_sm" rel="nofollow" href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/insert.m?topicId=508366&forumId=2586&start=150"><img src="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/images/transp.gif" /></a> <a class="icon_quote" rel="nofollow" href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/quote.m?postId=5650223&start=150"><img src="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/images/transp.gif" /></a> <a class="nav" href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/#top"><img src="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/styles/EQ2/eq2_default/images/common/icon_up.gif" /></a></div></div></td></tr><tr><td rowspan="2" align="left" valign="top"><div><span><a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/user/profile.m?user_id=207565"><strong><span style="color: #ff0000; font-size: x-small;">SmokeJumper</span></strong></a></span> <img src="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/images/icons/soe.gif" border="0" /></div><span style="font-size: xx-small;"><span><span style="color: #80cde1;">Exec. Producer <img src="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/images/avatar/EQ2/staff/avatar_developer.png" border="0" /> Joined: Aug 8, 2005Messages: 924</span><span><span style="color: #ff0000;">Offline </span></span></span></span></td><td valign="top"><span><p><strong><span style="color: #ffffff; font-size: medium;">We're really looking forward to the November launch. </span></strong></p></span></td></tr></tbody></form></table>

Kringus
11-02-2011, 10:24 AM
<p>Based on a vast, vast sample size of previous releases managed by SJ, I'd guess that as soon as SWTOR announces when headstart starts, we'll know what the release date of the expansion is.</p>

Nrgy
11-02-2011, 10:49 AM
<p><cite>Brigh wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I haven't seen anywhere they said it was November. I have been expecting December.</p></blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>it said "winter of 2011", so November isnt part of winter, still a late fall season until it hit solstice, assuming after dec 21st?</p></blockquote><p>If you'd watched the NotD webcast you would have saw SJ say, clear as a bell, they are looking for a November launch, but it might be the second to last or even the last day of November.</p><p>There doen't need to be a retail box, all it need to contain is 6 or 7 digital key code to unlock the features just like they did with Freeblood.  And speaking of Freeblood, I seem to recall many, many people clamoring to "Buy" the race pack for the 2500 SC?  to get one race, one house and one mount and yet I see many, many people now claiming that a new Class, BYoD, AA boost, Reforging, Freeport revamp, Merc, TS Apps, etc isn't worth twice that price.  To me seems like you'd be getting more in AoD than the Freeblood release, yet the termoil.</p>

Aneova
11-02-2011, 10:57 AM
<p><cite>Crismorn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Beta is up for friends and family.  This is a brilliant by ensuring that less feedback from players who actually know what to look for and save SoE some resources for when AoD goes live with those many undiscovered bugs they can claim they were not found during the beta.</p></blockquote><p>How dare you try to use common sense <img src="/eq2/images/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" /></p><p>EDIT: Just had an idea. Instead of a box this year they are going a "Game Card Package" you'll go to the store and buy a card that has the art work for AoD this way they get shelf space for as many of the cards they want.</p>