PDA

View Full Version : Rothgar, why did you ask for our opinion then never post back?

Twinbladed
10-10-2011, 07:53 AM
<p>A lot of us still care about pvp, and for some of us this is the last chance for a fix. We gave you what was wrong, now it would be nice to see or hear what you guys plan to do about it. The less you do about it, the more people will leave. You guys have failed us to many times. We put money in your pocket. I think you owe us an explanation.</p>

Ahlana
10-10-2011, 10:05 AM
<cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>A lot of us still care about pvp, and for some of us this is the last chance for a fix. We gave you what was wrong, now it would be nice to see or hear what you guys plan to do about it. The less you do about it, the more people will leave. You guys have failed us to many times. We put money in your pocket. I think you owe us an explanation.</p></blockquote> I imagine they are just gathering information at this time.. and designing some sort of road map.. I don't think it was a thread designed to be a back and forth with the devs imo.

Sprin
10-10-2011, 01:45 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>A lot of us still care about pvp, and for some of us this is the last chance for a fix. We gave you what was wrong, now it would be nice to see or hear what you guys plan to do about it. The less you do about it, the more people will leave. You guys have failed us to many times. We put money in your pocket. I think you owe us an explanation.</p></blockquote><p>They do owe us, they wont pay us... and we are stopping paying them...</p><p>My sub runs out on 11/2... first time it has in 5 years...</p><p>Bad timing on their part to fail to upkeep a server when other games are coming out that are going to siphon the remaining life out of EQ2...</p><p>SOE fail</p>

Delethen
10-10-2011, 01:57 PM
<p><cite>Ahlana wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>I imagine they are just gathering information at this time.. and designing some sort of road map.. I don't think it was a thread designed to be a back and forth with the devs imo.</blockquote><p>It was a thread designed to give the false impression that they were actively looking into it and had the intention of fixing it at some point in the near future.  Much like any number of threads they have started regarding battlegrounds and pvp in recent times.</p>

Kayso
10-11-2011, 08:42 PM
<p>Don't get your hopes up. This happens time and time again.</p><p>I really had my hopes up when the mechanics dev wanted to talk to me about PVP issues, but that didn't go very far. I even reported (along with instructions to reproduce) the high levels in lowbie BGs bug directly to the dev via email, yet it's still in game.</p><p>Get used to Nagafen PVP as it is, it's unlikely to change - and even if it does (and in a good way), it likely won't last. Until SOE hires an actual PVPer (someone well known and very experienced - perhaps even several, so you can get different views) or even just communicates directly with one, this game will forever be based on whatever sounds good to SOE.</p>

Pink_Poodle
11-24-2011, 12:06 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Don't get your hopes up. This happens time and time again.</p><p>I really had my hopes up when the mechanics dev wanted to talk to me about PVP issues, but that didn't go very far. I even reported (along with instructions to reproduce) the high levels in lowbie BGs bug directly to the dev via email, yet it's still in game.</p><p>Get used to Nagafen PVP as it is, it's unlikely to change - and even if it does (and in a good way), it likely won't last. Until SOE hires an actual PVPer (someone well known and very experienced - perhaps even several, so you can get different views) or even just communicates directly with one, this game will forever be based on whatever sounds good to SOE.</p></blockquote><p>Well, I'm still a bit optimistic so after AOD's release I think we PVPers should attempt communication again. I think the lack of words from the devs are from AOD and such, as evidenced here: <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=509349&post_id=5662621#5662621">http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...5662621#5662621</a></p><p>Doesn't hurt to try again again.</p>

dellaripa
11-24-2011, 01:16 AM
<p><cite>Pink_Poodle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Don't get your hopes up. This happens time and time again.</p><p>I really had my hopes up when the mechanics dev wanted to talk to me about PVP issues, but that didn't go very far. I even reported (along with instructions to reproduce) the high levels in lowbie BGs bug directly to the dev via email, yet it's still in game.</p><p>Get used to Nagafen PVP as it is, it's unlikely to change - and even if it does (and in a good way), it likely won't last. Until SOE hires an actual PVPer (someone well known and very experienced - perhaps even several, so you can get different views) or even just communicates directly with one, this game will forever be based on whatever sounds good to SOE.</p></blockquote><p>Well, I'm still a bit optimistic so after AOD's release I think we PVPers should attempt communication again. I think the lack of words from the devs are from AOD and such, as evidenced here: <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=509349&post_id=5662621#5662621">http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...5662621#5662621</a></p><p>Doesn't hurt to try again again.</p></blockquote><p>Thier complete apathy towards their customers  has driven, and will drive, most of us out of the game within 30 days.  This broken game could have been fixed months ago, and yet presently, not only is it not fixed, there's little to no hope that it WILL EVER be fixed. </p><p>Now I'm going to go way out on a limb here and call this new expansion a complete flop.</p>

Pink_Poodle
11-24-2011, 07:55 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Pink_Poodle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Don't get your hopes up. This happens time and time again.</p><p>I really had my hopes up when the mechanics dev wanted to talk to me about PVP issues, but that didn't go very far. I even reported (along with instructions to reproduce) the high levels in lowbie BGs bug directly to the dev via email, yet it's still in game.</p><p>Get used to Nagafen PVP as it is, it's unlikely to change - and even if it does (and in a good way), it likely won't last. Until SOE hires an actual PVPer (someone well known and very experienced - perhaps even several, so you can get different views) or even just communicates directly with one, this game will forever be based on whatever sounds good to SOE.</p></blockquote><p>Well, I'm still a bit optimistic so after AOD's release I think we PVPers should attempt communication again. I think the lack of words from the devs are from AOD and such, as evidenced here: <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=509349&post_id=5662621#5662621">http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...5662621#5662621</a></p><p>Doesn't hurt to try again again.</p></blockquote><p>Thier complete apathy towards their customers  has driven, and will drive, most of us out of the game within 30 days.  This broken game could have been fixed months ago, and yet presently, not only is it not fixed, there's little to no hope that it WILL EVER be fixed. </p><p>Now I'm going to go way out on a limb here and call this new expansion a complete flop.</p></blockquote><p>I just posted why I think they haven't said anything. I don't think it's time to call it <em>complete</em> apathy when they're probably swamped with workload. For example, the company my mother works for does inventory in January and she barely has time to respond to emails from there, so it's probably similar at SOE's offices.</p><p>Rothgar, if you're reading this, we miss you dude.</p>

dellaripa
11-24-2011, 03:07 PM
<p><cite>Pink_Poodle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Pink_Poodle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Don't get your hopes up. This happens time and time again.</p><p>I really had my hopes up when the mechanics dev wanted to talk to me about PVP issues, but that didn't go very far. I even reported (along with instructions to reproduce) the high levels in lowbie BGs bug directly to the dev via email, yet it's still in game.</p><p>Get used to Nagafen PVP as it is, it's unlikely to change - and even if it does (and in a good way), it likely won't last. Until SOE hires an actual PVPer (someone well known and very experienced - perhaps even several, so you can get different views) or even just communicates directly with one, this game will forever be based on whatever sounds good to SOE.</p></blockquote><p>Well, I'm still a bit optimistic so after AOD's release I think we PVPers should attempt communication again. I think the lack of words from the devs are from AOD and such, as evidenced here: <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=509349&post_id=5662621#5662621">http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...5662621#5662621</a></p><p>Doesn't hurt to try again again.</p></blockquote><p>Thier complete apathy towards their customers  has driven, and will drive, most of us out of the game within 30 days.  This broken game could have been fixed months ago, and yet presently, not only is it not fixed, there's little to no hope that it WILL EVER be fixed. </p><p>Now I'm going to go way out on a limb here and call this new expansion a complete flop.</p></blockquote><p>I just posted why I think they haven't said anything. I don't think it's time to call it <em>complete</em> apathy when they're probably swamped with workload. For example, the company my mother works for does inventory in January and she barely has time to respond to emails from there, so it's probably similar at SOE's offices.</p><p>Rothgar, if you're reading this, we miss you dude.</p></blockquote><p>It took me all of 30 seconds to log on and post this. </p>

Pink_Poodle
11-24-2011, 03:27 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Pink_Poodle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Pink_Poodle wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Don't get your hopes up. This happens time and time again.</p><p>I really had my hopes up when the mechanics dev wanted to talk to me about PVP issues, but that didn't go very far. I even reported (along with instructions to reproduce) the high levels in lowbie BGs bug directly to the dev via email, yet it's still in game.</p><p>Get used to Nagafen PVP as it is, it's unlikely to change - and even if it does (and in a good way), it likely won't last. Until SOE hires an actual PVPer (someone well known and very experienced - perhaps even several, so you can get different views) or even just communicates directly with one, this game will forever be based on whatever sounds good to SOE.</p></blockquote><p>Well, I'm still a bit optimistic so after AOD's release I think we PVPers should attempt communication again. I think the lack of words from the devs are from AOD and such, as evidenced here: <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=509349&post_id=5662621#5662621">http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...5662621#5662621</a></p><p>Doesn't hurt to try again again.</p></blockquote><p>Thier complete apathy towards their customers  has driven, and will drive, most of us out of the game within 30 days.  This broken game could have been fixed months ago, and yet presently, not only is it not fixed, there's little to no hope that it WILL EVER be fixed. </p><p>Now I'm going to go way out on a limb here and call this new expansion a complete flop.</p></blockquote><p>I just posted why I think they haven't said anything. I don't think it's time to call it <em>complete</em> apathy when they're probably swamped with workload. For example, the company my mother works for does inventory in January and she barely has time to respond to emails from there, so it's probably similar at SOE's offices.</p><p>Rothgar, if you're reading this, we miss you dude.</p></blockquote><p>It took me all of 30 seconds to log on and post this. </p></blockquote><p>I agree he should post something like "yes hello I am reading this thread."</p>