PDA

View Full Version : "Unless someone whats to fight, there is no way I can kill them" does not make sense


IcterusGalbula
10-09-2011, 03:31 PM
<p>While my level 86 is questing he gets killed everyday by level 90s.</p><p>If my level 86 is killing a mob and gets attacked by a level 90, my level 86 survives about 1-2 seconds.</p><p>So, when someone whines "Unless someone whats to fight, there is no way I can kill them", I guess they mean:</p><p>"Unless someone whats to fight a mob, there is no way I can kill them."</p>

Twinbladed
10-09-2011, 05:43 PM
<p>huh? don't really understand what your saying...but if you are talking bout getting ganked cuz your blue, its just going to keep happening thats why I lvl my alts in zones, most of the quest that are required for epics and myth buff are not in open 90 area's. There is a a lot of people between 80-89 looking for groups to get them levels stick with them. There difference between max level and just one level below has always been huge because gear is designed behind the max level to be a lot better than the teir before it.</p>

Sfeerikal
10-09-2011, 10:10 PM
<p>Getting slaughtered repeatedly while trying to quest in open areas is like a welcoming party to the level cap. Especially in Great Divide. You are between someone fulfilling a pvp contract and getting tokens. I know it is annoying but everyone goes through it at least once.</p>

Sprin
10-10-2011, 01:48 PM
<p>I THINK what he is trying to say is that people refer to the jumpy mounts and flying mounts and say "if that person doesn't want to engage they can get away"</p><p>which is referring to someone out PVP'ng or roaming the earth and getting attacked by someone and being able to jump away all the time..</p><p>not what this guy is talking about, questing in treasured PVE gear and having mobs on you and dying to full geared PVP players hunting for that specific purpose..</p><p>just a simple comprehension failure on OP's part...   he's raging at people "daring to say" you can get away all the time now with mounts when he is getting PWNED questing...</p><p>its a nerd rage at the very best on his part.</p>

IcterusGalbula
10-11-2011, 12:36 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I THINK what he is trying to say is that people refer to the jumpy mounts and flying mounts and say "if that person doesn't want to engage they can get away"</p><p>which is referring to someone out PVP'ng or roaming the earth and getting attacked by someone and being able to jump away all the time..</p><p>not what this guy is talking about, questing in treasured PVE gear and having mobs on you and dying to full geared PVP players hunting for that specific purpose..</p><p>just a simple comprehension failure on OP's part...   he's raging at people "daring to say" you can get away all the time now with mounts when he is getting PWNED questing...</p><p>its a nerd rage at the very best on his part.</p></blockquote><p>I don't know why you have such trouble understanding my posts or why you feel the need to criticize me for your lack of understanding.</p><p>Have a nice day nonetheless.</p>

Sprin
10-11-2011, 02:10 PM
<p><cite>IcterusGalbula wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I THINK what he is trying to say is that people refer to the jumpy mounts and flying mounts and say "if that person doesn't want to engage they can get away"</p><p>which is referring to someone out PVP'ng or roaming the earth and getting attacked by someone and being able to jump away all the time..</p><p>not what this guy is talking about, questing in treasured PVE gear and having mobs on you and dying to full geared PVP players hunting for that specific purpose..</p><p>just a simple comprehension failure on OP's part...   he's raging at people "daring to say" you can get away all the time now with mounts when he is getting PWNED questing...</p><p>its a nerd rage at the very best on his part.</p></blockquote><p>I don't know why you have such trouble understanding my posts or why you feel the need to criticize me for your lack of understanding.</p><p>Have a nice day nonetheless.</p></blockquote><p>I don't understand them because they are jibberish with no real structure / question / etc...</p><p>I'm not alone obviously in my confusion as to what you are trying to say / ask / do...</p>

IcterusGalbula
10-11-2011, 10:08 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>IcterusGalbula wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I THINK what he is trying to say is that people refer to the jumpy mounts and flying mounts and say "if that person doesn't want to engage they can get away"</p><p>which is referring to someone out PVP'ng or roaming the earth and getting attacked by someone and being able to jump away all the time..</p><p>not what this guy is talking about, questing in treasured PVE gear and having mobs on you and dying to full geared PVP players hunting for that specific purpose..</p><p>just a simple comprehension failure on OP's part...   he's raging at people "daring to say" you can get away all the time now with mounts when he is getting PWNED questing...</p><p>its a nerd rage at the very best on his part.</p></blockquote><p>I don't know why you have such trouble understanding my posts or why you feel the need to criticize me for your lack of understanding.</p><p>Have a nice day nonetheless.</p></blockquote><p>I don't understand them because they are jibberish with no real structure / question / etc...</p><p>I'm not alone obviously in my confusion as to what you are trying to say / ask / do...</p></blockquote><p>Wax on.  Wax off.</p><p>As far as I can tell you are the only one expressing confusion in this thread.</p><p>Do I require your permission to post on this board without using a question mark?</p><p>Note that I just used a question mark.</p><p>When you can snatch the pebble from my hand it will be time for you to go.</p>

Sprin
10-12-2011, 03:24 PM
<p><cite>IcterusGalbula wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Wax on.  Wax off.</p><p>As far as I can tell you are the only one expressing confusion in this thread.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;"><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></span></p><blockquote><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">huh? don't really understand what your saying...</span></p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">From</span><span style="color: #ff0000;"> the first response you got on this thread... and which amounts to all but 1 of the responses to your jibberish, which wasn't by me...  </span></p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Readi</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">ng failure FTL? Maybe thats your primary problem, you don't know how to read so you can't proof read the garbage you spewed?</span></p><p>Do I require your permission to post on this board without using a question mark?</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Don't need a question mark, just need to speak some sort of Human language and form thoughts in some sort of way so that someone besides the little naked midgets dancing in your head can understand</span></p><p>Note that I just used a question mark.</p><p>When you can snatch the pebble from my hand it will be time for you to go.</p><p> <span style="color: #ff0000;">More Jibberish.....  and you wonder why you don't get a real response? Because you have no real question / point / statement of fact etc etc etc</span></p></blockquote>

IcterusGalbula
10-12-2011, 04:28 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>IcterusGalbula wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Wax on.  Wax off.</p><p>As far as I can tell you are the only one expressing confusion in this thread.</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;"><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></span></p><blockquote><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">huh? don't really understand what your saying...</span></p></blockquote><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">From</span><span style="color: #ff0000;"> the first response you got on this thread... and which amounts to all but 1 of the responses to your jibberish, which wasn't by me...  </span></p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Readi</span><span style="color: #ff0000;">ng failure FTL? Maybe thats your primary problem, you don't know how to read so you can't proof read the garbage you spewed?</span></p><p>Do I require your permission to post on this board without using a question mark?</p><p><span style="color: #ff0000;">Don't need a question mark, just need to speak some sort of Human language and form thoughts in some sort of way so that someone besides the little naked midgets dancing in your head can understand</span></p><p>Note that I just used a question mark.</p><p>When you can snatch the pebble from my hand it will be time for you to go.</p><p> <span style="color: #ff0000;">More Jibberish.....  and you wonder why you don't get a real response? Because you have no real question / point / statement of fact etc etc etc</span></p></blockquote></blockquote><p>I see.  Two people are not clear on my point.  You have put some effort into studying the words in my thread.</p><p>Now, put some effort into studying their meaning.  It should be pretty clear.  </p><p>Try restricting yourself to just the title.  Try dissecting the sentence.  Ponder it.  Mull it over.</p><p>It might help you if you first clear your mind by first releasing some stress.  Then you might be able to think more effectively.</p>

Kynre
10-12-2011, 06:18 PM
<p><cite>IcterusGalbula wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>While my level 86 is questing he gets killed everyday by level 90s.</p><p>If my level 86 is killing a mob and gets attacked by a level 90, my level 86 survives about 1-2 seconds.</p><p>So, when someone whines "Unless someone <strong>whats</strong> to fight, there is no way I can kill them", I guess they mean:</p><p>"Unless someone <strong>whats</strong> to fight a mob, there is no way I can kill them."</p></blockquote><p>what to fight...   that seems to be the confusion..  Did you really mean <strong>want</strong>???       Spell checker works but grammar not...</p>

Sprin
10-12-2011, 07:26 PM
<p><cite>IcterusGalbula wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><blockquote><p>  </p></blockquote><p>I see.  Two people are not clear on my point.  You have put some effort into studying the words in my thread.</p><p>Now, put some effort into studying their meaning.  It should be pretty clear.  </p><p>Try restricting yourself to just the title.  Try dissecting the sentence.  Ponder it.  Mull it over.</p><p>It might help you if you first clear your mind by first releasing some stress.  Then you might be able to think more effectively.</p></blockquote><p>Lol, yup 2 out of 3 people that responded didnt have a clue what you were talking about, now its 3 out of 4.... L2 think before typing nonsensical crap</p>

IcterusGalbula
10-12-2011, 10:45 PM
<p><cite>[email protected]_old wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>IcterusGalbula wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>While my level 86 is questing he gets killed everyday by level 90s.</p><p>If my level 86 is killing a mob and gets attacked by a level 90, my level 86 survives about 1-2 seconds.</p><p>So, when someone whines "Unless someone <strong>whats</strong> to fight, there is no way I can kill them", I guess they mean:</p><p>"Unless someone <strong>whats</strong> to fight a mob, there is no way I can kill them."</p></blockquote><p>what to fight...   that seems to be the confusion..  Did you really mean <strong>want</strong>???</p></blockquote><p>Correct.</p>

IcterusGalbula
10-12-2011, 10:48 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>IcterusGalbula wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><blockquote></blockquote><p>I see.  Two people are not clear on my point.  You have put some effort into studying the words in my thread.</p><p>Now, put some effort into studying their meaning.  It should be pretty clear.  </p><p>Try restricting yourself to just the title.  Try dissecting the sentence.  Ponder it.  Mull it over.</p><p>It might help you if you first clear your mind by first releasing some stress.  Then you might be able to think more effectively.</p></blockquote><p>Lol, yup 2 out of 3 people that responded didnt have a clue what you were talking about, now its 3 out of 4.... L2 think before typing nonsensical crap</p></blockquote><p>What you are writing simply is not true.</p><p>Two of those three people did have a clue.</p><p>You seem to be the only one who did not have a clue.</p><p>A typographical error does not equate to gibberish.  Spelling errors are not a reflection of intelligence.  That has been studied.</p><p>You need to clear your mind, then think and ponder.  The meaning is not hard to uncover, even in the face of a typo.</p>

Twinbladed
10-13-2011, 01:16 AM
<p>If you think what you said for one minute made halfway complete sense, I beg you to go back to school. It is one thing to misspell a word but another to just throw down jumbled up words and then get mad when people don't understadn wthell you said.</p>

Sprin
10-13-2011, 01:45 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>If you think what you said for one minute made halfway complete sense, I beg you to go back to school. It is one thing to misspell a word but another to just throw down jumbled up words and then get mad when people don't understadn wthell you said.</p></blockquote><p>This</p><p>lol, dude, OP guy, you made no sense, I wasn't talking about a misspelled word...</p><p><em>"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."</em></p><p>I can read that... but your garbage STILL makes no sense...</p>

Twinbladed
10-13-2011, 01:49 AM
<p>I was talking bout him too^ lol I didn't understand this thread</p>

Alpharaz
10-13-2011, 02:08 AM
<p>lol i couldn't understand what the OP was talking about either. What a big difference one word can make. It was misspelled on the title of the post and continued to be misspelled throughout the OP. That really throws people off.. I had to read it 2 or 3 times myself before i halfway understood what he was talking about.</p>

Muusic
10-13-2011, 06:58 AM
<p>Ghetto you're amusing most of the time lol, but how the heck to you avoid MoD-7's trolling post removal tools? It's amazing.</p>

IcterusGalbula
10-13-2011, 03:41 PM
<p>Since we have now pooled our brains and deduced that I misspelled a word and deduced the word I meant to use...</p><p>...perhaps we can discuss my point.</p><p>I have read here several times that fast mounts / flying mounts / jumping mounts have destroyed pvp.</p><p>I have a 130 or 140 run speed ground mount.  My level 87 toon is killed daily either when he is attacked while fighting a mob or if I have my pet set to defend me.</p><p>If I have my pet set to 'back-off' and I am attacked while not fighting a mob I can run away when attacked by another player.</p><p>Even still my toon is killed daily and sometimes twice daily by level 90 toons.</p><p>I am not complaining about being killed by other players.  I am simply stating facts.  My fast mount does not prevent me from being killed on a regular basis.</p><p>As such I fail to see how fast mounts / jumping mounts / flying mounts have "destroyed pvp".</p>

Lempo
10-13-2011, 03:48 PM
<p><cite>IcterusGalbula wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I see.  Two people are not clear on my point.  You have put some effort into studying the words in my thread.</p><p>Now, put some effort into studying their meaning.  It should be pretty clear.  </p><p>Try restricting yourself to just the title.  Try dissecting the sentence.  Ponder it.  Mull it over.</p><p>It might help you if you first clear your mind by first releasing some stress.  Then you might be able to think more effectively.</p></blockquote><p>More than 2 were not clear on your point I read it shortly after it was posted, it almost made my eyes bleed.</p><p>I saw no need to reply because I felt that I'd be dealing with a borderline illiterate, which is possible but this post right here makes me second gess myself there.</p><p>"Unless someone whats to fight" this is gibberish, and you are going to attack and flame people that can't understand what your point is.</p>

IcterusGalbula
10-13-2011, 03:54 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>IcterusGalbula wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>I see.  Two people are not clear on my point.  You have put some effort into studying the words in my thread.</p><p>Now, put some effort into studying their meaning.  It should be pretty clear.  </p><p>Try restricting yourself to just the title.  Try dissecting the sentence.  Ponder it.  Mull it over.</p><p>It might help you if you first clear your mind by first releasing some stress.  Then you might be able to think more effectively.</p></blockquote><p>More than 2 were not clear on your point I read it shortly after it was posted, it almost made my eyes bleed.</p><p>I saw no need to reply because I felt that I'd be dealing with a borderline illiterate, which is possible but this post right here makes me second gess myself there.</p><p>"Unless someone whats to fight" this is gibberish, and you are going to attack and flame people that can't understand what your point is.</p></blockquote><p>There is no reason to flame someone for misspelling a word... ...especially when the intended word can be deduced with minimal effort.  (The misspelling was repeated because I used copy and paste.)</p><p>How about addressing the post immediately above yours?</p>

Lempo
10-13-2011, 04:01 PM
<p><cite>IcterusGalbula wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>There is no reason to flame someone for misspelling a word... ...especially when the intended word can be deduced with minimal effort.  (The misspelling was repeated because I used copy and paste.)</p><p>How about addressing the post immediately above yours?</p></blockquote><p>The first person that made an attempt at deducing what you meant you attacked lol. Pot meet kettle.</p><p>You mentioned your ground mount, you didn't mention your flying mount though you did mention you were only level 86 so I could make a reasonable assumption that you do not have a flying mount and therefore do not understand how you can have immunity on one, or how until the latest patch that the flying mount could be exploited by turning into a house item and cancelling it while mounted. I do not play on PVP server so as to whether a lot of what they are posting here on the forums I can not dismiss, and based on what you asked me to assume and deduce you can't either.</p>

IcterusGalbula
10-13-2011, 04:21 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>IcterusGalbula wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>There is no reason to flame someone for misspelling a word... ...especially when the intended word can be deduced with minimal effort.  (The misspelling was repeated because I used copy and paste.)</p><p>How about addressing the post immediately above yours?</p></blockquote><p>The first person that made an attempt at deducing what you meant you attacked lol. Pot meet kettle.</p><p>You mentioned your ground mount, you didn't mention your flying mount though you did mention you were only level 86 so I could make a reasonable assumption that you do not have a flying mount and therefore do not understand how you can have immunity on one, or how until the latest patch that the flying mount could be exploited by turning into a house item and cancelling it while mounted. I do not play on PVP server so as to whether a lot of what they are posting here on the forums I can not dismiss, and based on what you asked me to assume and deduce you can't either.</p></blockquote><p>Why did you not quote where I attacked the person who tried to deduce my meaning?</p><p>Two or 3 of my level 90 crafters have flying mounts, but they have never been attacked on one in pvp either on the ground or in the air.  I rarely play them.</p><p>You are correct.  I was not aware the flying mount could be turned into a house item.</p><p>As for your last sentence, so far I am not sure more than one other person has addressed my point so far.  But thank you for attempting to address it.</p>

IcterusGalbula
10-13-2011, 04:24 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>IcterusGalbula wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>There is no reason to flame someone for misspelling a word... ...especially when the intended word can be deduced with minimal effort.  (The misspelling was repeated because I used copy and paste.)</p><p>How about addressing the post immediately above yours?</p></blockquote><p>The first person that made an attempt at deducing what you meant you attacked lol. Pot meet kettle.</p><p>You mentioned your ground mount, you didn't mention your flying mount though you did mention you were only level 86 so I could make a reasonable assumption that you do not have a flying mount and therefore do not understand how you can have immunity on one, or how until the latest patch that the flying mount could be exploited by turning into a house item and cancelling it while mounted. I do not play on PVP server so as to whether a lot of what they are posting here on the forums I can not dismiss, and based on what you asked me to assume and deduce you can't either.</p></blockquote><p>P.S.</p><p>I never attacked twinbladed even though he / she made an effort to deduce my meaning and then followed up with additional posts ridiculing me.</p>

Twinbladed
10-13-2011, 04:35 PM
<p>Your saying 90's killing 82-89 killed pvp? Did you not ever get tokens and gear at lower levels to get your pvp crit mit up? I got a inq that can take a hit and leap off and he is 86 too. I can't stop some class who know how to use root abilities to or mezz to to make you want to click a immunity to, but a lot of bow shots quick stuns etc.. I jump away from leaving them in combat. I don't think this killed pvp. Pvp took a lot of things to make all the people stop/quit trying. I don't know how everyone else plays but if i see a blue,green,or white hanging around Great Divide or any other place, I want the update, con is con, after your recent, I let it go. Sometimes which hasn't happen recently due to numbers, I will kill someone more than once if I got abunch of people on track and trying to get a specific target, you can use a low level player to complain to the higher level players split them up a little bit.  This is harder to do this xpax, people roll around in there groups and nut hug hardcore. Just last night I was fighting a pally, and he wouldn't didn't leave his group, he walk off to the side to fight, but I look at act and he had warden buffs going off, then I'm fighting a warden in a one v one all of a sudden another assassin jumps in. So right now most players are not very confident in there skills, so you would be a easymode target to one shot. Go into a zone and finish leveling not like quest are worth doing anyways, you can get the same amount of xp and aa inside a zone+ better loot. </p>

IcterusGalbula
10-13-2011, 04:50 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Your saying 90's killing 82-89 killed pvp? Did you not ever get tokens and gear at lower levels to get your pvp crit mit up? I got a inq that can take a hit and leap off and he is 86 too. I can't stop some class who know how to use root abilities to or mezz to to make you want to click a immunity to, but a lot of bow shots quick stuns etc.. I jump away from leaving them in combat. I don't think this killed pvp. Pvp took a lot of things to make all the people stop/quit trying. I don't know how everyone else plays but if i see a blue,green,or white hanging around Great Divide or any other place, I want the update, con is con, after your recent, I let it go. Sometimes which hasn't happen recently due to numbers, I will kill someone more than once if I got abunch of people on track and trying to get a specific target, you can use a low level player to complain to the higher level players split them up a little bit.  This is harder to do this xpax, people roll around in there groups and nut hug hardcore. Just last night I was fighting a pally, and he wouldn't didn't leave his group, he walk off to the side to fight, but I look at act and he had warden buffs going off, then I'm fighting a warden in a one v one all of a sudden another assassin jumps in. So right now most players are not very confident in there skills, so you would be a easymode target to one shot. Go into a zone and finish leveling not like quest are worth doing anyways, you can get the same amount of xp and aa inside a zone+ better loot. </p></blockquote><p>Thanks, twinbladed.</p><p>My level 87 is an illusionist.</p><p>I have been focused on leveling him by doing public quests as quickly as possible.  As such, he does not have good gear.  He has some legendary pieces from named toons with one arrow, and one or two level 70 fabled pieces from exquisite chests that dropped off normal unnamed mobs in the open world.</p><p>However, he cannot kill herioc ^^^ toons.  So, he does not go into many instances.</p><p>I am okay with getting killed.  It is not fun, but it does not bother me too much since I am only trying to level quickly right now.</p><p>If you suggest a zone where a poorly-equipped level 87 might have a chance I will give it a shot.</p><p>(My guild only raids at level 90, so I solo virtually everything; but I would gladly join a pick-up group for an instance and might try that too... ...except that my computer is old and slow and that might irritate other people in the group.)</p><p>P.S.</p><p>I do have a suite of level 10 - 32 toons plus one level 64 who are all very-well equipped, except that they do not have pvp gear obtained via tokens.  They all had hunter or slayer titles at one time before the AA cap was raised to 140? or so even though I have never been a hard core PVPer.</p><p>I do have a level 14 assassin and he was fun in tier 2 before that went away.  He might have had a kill streak of nearly 40 at one point.  I only mention that to let you know I do have previous experience with and some success at pvp.</p>

Ilovecows
10-15-2011, 01:37 AM
<p>@ OP.  I understand what you are saying, although your grammar is horendous, and it really just isn't true.  Right now you are a level 86 (ish) and therefore you are very easy and rather squishy.  When you hit 90 and get some better gear you will find that in most cases you will be able to kill a mob fast enough to be able to run away from them just by jumping up.</p><p>You will find once you get to 90 what is said is true.  Although an amendment to the statement, that probably most people consider to be implied and expect most people of average intelligence to understand, would be Unless someone wants to fight, or is a terribly geared/green(or blue), there is no way i can kill them.</p>

IcterusGalbula
10-16-2011, 07:56 AM
<p>Thanks for the reply.  I understand your point about having much better mob-killing ability at level 90 with better gear.  However, I still don't see how that will make it easier for me to run away.  As an Illusionist I have a pet that starts attacking automatically and I cannot run away.</p><p>I suppose if I do not set my pet to auto-defend myself or itself that will stop him from throwing me into combat with another player when I am attacked while fighting a mob.</p><p>I suppose that would help me even now.  </p><p>I suppose all pet classes learn eventually on a pvp server not to set their pet to auto-defend.</p>

Sprin
10-16-2011, 02:28 PM
<p><cite>IcterusGalbula wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Thanks for the reply.  I understand your point about having much better mob-killing ability at level 90 with better gear.  However, I still don't see how that will make it easier for me to run away.  As an Illusionist I have a pet that starts attacking automatically and I cannot run away.</p><p>I suppose if I do not set my pet to auto-defend myself or itself that will stop him from throwing me into combat with another player when I am attacked while fighting a mob.</p><p>I suppose that would help me even now.  </p><p>I suppose all pet classes learn eventually on a pvp server not to set their pet to auto-defend.</p></blockquote><p>Turn you pet OFF defend you / defend himself, that is rule #1 on PVP server. </p><p>Set up 1 or 2 of your primary attacks that you always start off with, or use the most with the command</p><p>/pet attack</p><p>in a macro command, so that when you use that spell on that mob, your pet will automatically attack, so you dont have to worry about PVP pulling you into combat.</p><p>You do this by right clicking on the hotkey you want to add it to and selecting "command" from the pull down menu and add step</p><p>then type on the line what I wrote above</p><p>/pet attack</p><p>This way your pet will only attack what you want it to attack and you wont be pulled into combat when they defend you from PVP attacks</p><p>I wouldn't do it on your "root" or "mez" attacks, as you sometimes, if not mainly use those to control mobs you aren't curretnly fighting, as a "hold until I'm ready to kick your ace" kinda thing..</p><p>Put them on your first two attacks you always use in your hotbar lineup</p><p>also, if you bring up the pet window, you should see a RED and GREEN box... slide the green box onto your hotbar, and put it on the end of your attacks, sort of out of the way...</p><p>That is the "back off" command, which will bring your pet back to you... you don't need the red box which is the "attack" because you have just macro'd that attack to your attacks.... just put the green one on so you can bring it back instantly if you send him toward a target you dont want to attack or something you want to stop fighting, so you can get out of combat and run faster...  </p><p>Your "pet attack" macro will work even if the cool down timer on your attack you macro'd it to is going, IE: you can't use that attack yourself, but you want to send in your pet, just click the hotkey, it will still send in your pet (as if you had the red "attack" button from the pet window.</p>